*flattens ur burger*

*flattens ur burger*

Attached: FAE4BB48-A49D-4A9E-828A-421ACC920C73.jpg (353x353, 14K)

ummmmm excuse me sweetie
*grabs your spatula*
this is how ya do it
*flattens my own burger*

>*makes burger lose all of its juice*
do americans really do this?

** * * ***** *** *SSSSSSSSSSSssssssssSsssSSsssssSsssssSssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*** * ** * **** * *

It's not even possible to make a good burger

You guys stay the fuck away from my burgers.

REEEEEEEE

it legit annoyed me when my mom and grandparents did this. Their burgers were ALWAYS dry. They even bought some of those weights to press them down constantly... I really don't understand it.

Unironically this

If you dont just plain enjoy an overcooked patty with American cheese and ketchup on a bun then I dont know what to tell you

>it's impossible to make a good [meal with cooked ground beef between two slices of bread]
what

Attached: 1520148845602.png (321x180, 80K)

I had a paticularly dry pattie some time after it went cold, it tasted fucking vile and really corpsy. I could taste the animals dead soul

burger with juices dripping all over is shit anyway

smashburgers, nigga

This. Gotta maximize surface area for all that maillard goodness. I'd go so far as to say you should take however much meat you would normally put in a patty, split it into two, then make two super thin, crispy patties and layer them up with melted cheese.

May as well deep fry it for max maillard.

I caught my GF fucking flattening rib eye's the other day. SMDH.

Attached: Culver's 100% Midwest Raised.mp4_snapshot_00.20_[2015.06.10_09.42.48].jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

That's why you cook it on the proper temp and until it is finished. Wet burgers and burger smashing means you're heat is too high, or you're not waiting long enough, impatience and lack of know how

My fucking mom beats steak with a hammer to "tenderize it", it literally does the opposite, steak is already fucking tender

It is ok to smash and slam a burger while it's raw.....when it's raw, the juices can't come out.

>I could taste the animals dead soul
that would give it more flavour

Not all cuts. But soaking in a bit of bicarbonate solution for half an hour does the job that bashing it doesn't.

This man knows.

Basically the same as shaping while you were making it. It's once the fats started rendering that you don't press down on the shit.

I think so anyway.

Kek

Shallow-fry your burgers. They're fucking awesome. Not even joking.

for those of us pressed for time? yep.