Garden snails

Just got a bunch of snails from the garden.Frying up as we speak. Garden to pan, talk about fresh. First snails of the year too. Any of you top lads have any tips/recipes for me to use next time?

Attached: garden snail.jpg (278x181, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/03/08/a-young-rugby-player-ate-a-slug-on-a-mates-dare-now-hes-paralyzed/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix_pomatia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're supposed to feed them nothing but water for a few days so they clean out their digestive tracts
enjoy your snail shit

I hope this thread is bait, but just in case somebody really is this stupid you need to clean snails before you fry them.

Feed them carrots or something for a few days until they start pooping orange so you'll know they aren't full of bird shit or whatever.

First I have heard of this. I wouldn't worry through, I live in a nice part of town. Basically in the country. I am reducing my wine sauce for the snails as we speak.

ok bon appetit as they say

Thanks. They are some big ones to. Making wine sauce, going to saute some anchovy in fish oil and thicken with flour, mix it with the reduced wine.

I hope you get brain worms

I don't live in the ghetto the snails are fine. I bet you wash your hands after putting steaks on the grill. Grow up and realize the world is out their for the ones who are not afraid. Good luck bro.

Calm down cuck

>says the guy afraid of snails
I have eaten them raw out of the shell before.

>cuck
2016 called, they want their memes back

Snails simmering in the delicious thick whine sauce. The smell is very nice.

Can snails feel pain?

Attached: person-thinking-thinking-person-free-download-clip-art-free-clip-art-on-classroom-clipartclipart-dow (523x441, 184K)

Yes, but we have domain over all creatures. I have seen things you wouldn't believe. Like snails in the rain.

they don't have a nervous system
is that answer satisfying for you?

>It has been shown that snails will operate a manipulandum to electrically self-stimulate areas of their brain. Balaban and Maksimova[76] surgically implanted fine wire electrodes in two regions of the brains of snails (Helix sp.). To receive electrical stimulation of the brain, the snail was required to displace the end of a rod. When pressing the rod delivered self-stimulation to the mesocerebrum (which is involved in sexual activity) the snails increased the frequency of operating the manipulandum compared to the baseline spontaneous frequency of operation. However, when stimulation was delivered to the parietal ganglion, the snails decreased the frequency of touching the rod compared to the baseline spontaneous frequency. These increases and decreases in pressing are positive and negative reinforcement responses typical of those seen with vertebrates.

They seek pleasure and avoid pain so likely yes.

Mind hacc the snail with leucochloridium, eat it, kill 6 billion people.

Sounds mean. Currently eating the snails.

I cooked periwinkle snails from the beach once, it was a huge pain to remove them from the shells but they tasted great fried in butter and garlic.

>sounds mean
Well life is simply unfair.

>Eating un-purged gastropods
It's like you want to be retards
news.com.au/lifestyle/health/teenager-who-swallowed-garden-slug-as-a-dare-fights-government/news-story/7ada8f58d03de391055b13e9dade320d

>scare tactics to make us buy from chain stores
Get off this board.

Cheese and Butter.
That's all you'll need, let your heart run wild with it

feed them nothing but wine! did i just blow your mind?

Nice try slug shill

There's a ton near me, I've been thinking about trying it. How did you cook it?

I wouldn't imagine he's putting up much of a fight with him being paralyzed.
Shame about that, though, really it is. Life is can be so fucking arbitrarily cruel sometimes.

It was a raw slug though. Apparantly its ok if you cook snails properly.
Also that guy got fucked up real bad jesus

Its not worth it unless you have a faster way of getting them out of the shells than a pair of tweezers. They tasted good enough, but cardboard would be good after 10 minutes in a pan with butter and garlic then sprinkled with salt.

Poor snails. Starved before murdered

Attached: 1515365089825.png (800x800, 79K)

>is responsible for his own affliction
>fucker's body can't even regulate its own temperature now
>is literally a fucking vegetable
I'm not trying to be edgy, but why keep him alive any more
can he even communicate his feelings at all

Could you ever communicate your feelings... ever?

fuckers deserve it, they always genocide the vegetables in my garden

Verdammte Scheiße.

how do they get from the ocean to the garden?

no I have aspergers

Tasty tasty botulism and disease. You shouldn't eat wild snails.

>I wouldn't worry through, I live in a nice part of town.

Wow, your neighborhood is so nice the snails don't shit?

>Australia
As expected of the demon land

what would they eat?

god I hope so

We've done this thread before.

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/03/08/a-young-rugby-player-ate-a-slug-on-a-mates-dare-now-hes-paralyzed/

make sure it's fully cooked

They naturally carry so many diseases, that’s why birds don’t even eat them...

you generally don't eat the small, garden snails
snails for food are larger and usually farm grown for that purpose
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix_pomatia

summer snails are best, they have snail caviar

Attached: DSCF5065.jpg (1600x1200, 579K)

Please stop.

That’s bullshit snails have to have brains

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Attached: C43DB687-CAF6-4658-9E72-A78770B6B53F.jpg (600x649, 54K)

Well after reading this thread I’m never eating escargot ever again. Thanks for the life lesson, Veeky Forums.

Man that’s fucked up. Talk about bad luck.

Try eating them raw. My mother told me they're full of revitalizing minerals and lots of vitamins

DON'T LISTEN TO THIS GUY OP
HE'S TRYING TO TRICK YOU
ALSO POST SOMETHING NEXT WEEK TO PROVE YOU'RE OK

They say luck favors the well prepared. Well, this story shows that luck also hurts the stupid.

they don't have full brains they have a series of connected ganglia. is still a moron though because they have a full nervous system

This copypasta is slowly getting stale. Third time in the last month I've seen it.