Are Japanese, Filipino and Vietnamese curries the most memed curries?

>all rather recent in the countries’ cuisines
>all their curry mixes uses premade powder of some sort

>japanese curry mix being mostly just standard curry powder in a roux stew
>filipino curry mix being mostly just standard curry powder with turmeric/anotto, bay leaves and fish sauce in coconut milk
>vietnamese curry mix being literally just madras curry powder with just the addition of bay leaves, star anise, and anotto rebranded as “Vietnamese Curry Powder”

They are probably tasty but they aren’t really innovative like those from Thailand, India and Indonesia

Attached: 93C87CF7-CFB4-4E31-9BA5-FE5FEF8AA03D.jpg (1200x857, 168K)

I mean yeah. It's a meme, they do a lot of things that aren't "good" or worthy of praise, but people do anyway because it's a meme, just like saying Marvel movies are good.

Innovative isn't the same thing as good, dum dum.

Do they have to be innovative?
It's not like curry is their signature dish.

>rebranded as “Vietnamese Curry Powder”
Only hipsters calls the curry powder used in Cà Ri for “Vietnamese Curry Powder”. We aren’t really a curry country

Most Vietnamese acknowledge the curry powder is 100% indian. Heck our most popular curry powder brand has a pajeet on the package

Attached: AB4152B0-0D8B-4A7A-B2B0-B2C828C1F03A.jpg (3024x4032, 1.53M)

Philippines got Tiyula Itum and Kulma tho

Looks Vietnamese to me

Japan got its curry not rom south Asia but from british sailors, the recipe has more in common with a British beef stew than indian cuisine.

Cantonese curry is the best

change my mind

It’s because it’s sold in Vietnam dummy

Jap curry is pretty wildly different from Thai curry. A Thai red or panang curry is my go-to when I'm feeling under the weather, nothing like a nice spicy soupy thing fulla vegetables to help you kick whatever congestion and post-nasal drip is hanging arount. Nip curry, on the other hand, is for cozy winter meals at home, a hearty stew with carrots and potatoes, witch a little bit of spice.

Indian "curry" is best as a lamb vindaloo with a ton of naan and chutney and raita on the side. Although that egg curry that gets posted in webm threads seems pretty fucking good, gonna have to try that one of these days.

Pic related, green beens in curry are the fucking shit.

Attached: thai_red_curry_2000.jpg (885x498, 90K)

no the guy in the package

Attached: Ho Chi Minh City.jpg (2048x1365, 552K)

Actually I change my mind Romanian curry is the best

that's a tiny duck

It's chicken

Just changed my mind again

Australian curry is the best

Trash like Filipino 'cuisine' doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same breath as World Cuisine like Japanese and Vietnamese. Fucking kys flip-poster.

Attached: 1512791331104.gif (687x480, 1006K)

I can see Flip cuisine causes the most amount of butthurt on Veeky Forums by pathetic whiny manchildren like you

Attached: F2BB021A-F267-4EC9-AA93-8D6B8A331115.jpg (500x375, 41K)

>fish on rice
>beef boiled for 5 hours with noodles
>”World Cuisines”
Vietnamese weeaboo spotted

Gotta get some curry blocks from publix to make chicken katsu now fuck you op i love that shit

Flip cuisine is delicious and I will fight anyone who disagrees.
I pity you who does not have an adorable old Filipino lady as a neighbor to cook for you and nag you about your health.

I have two flip friends from childhood. The first one’s mother and father is absolutely amazing at cooking the numerous dishes. My first taste of pork adobo was amazing

The parents of the other one on the other hand...I prefer not eating there

Vietfag here.

I have never seen Vietnamese curries popular anywhere. It's barely on any Vietnamese restaurant menus, let alone traditional ones in America. Where the fuck are you seeing this?

Also, not a fan, it's too fucking soupy.

>tfw a quarter Indian and the rest is mix of Chinese and Vietnamese

Filipino "curry" is pure sack of tasteless shit.
If you want something similar, get kaldereta instead.

t. flip

That’s what happens when you add too much coconut, too little curry powder and no chilies
Suggest adding some turmeric too for increased taste

Do you think asians prepare labor intensive hibachi bullshit in their homes every single night? Flavor packets and shortcuts are probably even more popular with them than white people.

Attached: cunt.jpg (500x500, 53K)

Flilipino curry just sounds like something that is designed solely for the purpose of giving you copious amounts of diarrhea

It’s very similar to Vietnamese curry

Attached: 1E8A8DF7-1FA5-42CA-9990-089508F0867E.jpg (680x470, 64K)

the english had the best curry, people who say otherwise are just being pretentious because asian cuisine is "in" right now.

>because asian cuisine is "in" right now
Was asian cuisine ever not in? serious question btw.

>he doesn’t use MSG when cooking

Attached: A83EFF99-BDBC-4874-9D17-315F958B7516.jpg (480x319, 14K)

Dunno but check out this chicken katsu curry French fries I had the other day, it was surprisingly good.

Attached: 20180323_135320.jpg (4032x3024, 3.61M)

>taking pictures of the food you eat
lol

The absolute state of Japanese cuisine

All wrong. Somali curry is best

>chicken katsu
>on fucking french fries
waito piggu go home

Fuck you guys it was good bar food with 2 different tastes that synergized well.

wrong
t. eating it right now

>Look up Morimoto's recipe for curry
>Ingredients: a box of fucking Vermont curry

Attached: 1450027417445.jpg (284x284, 15K)

>flip poster doesn’t have the memory to save more than one image on his 16 year old laptop his mom uses to camwhore on chaturbate

Yeah. That's because literally everybody in Japan uses curry blocks. He even says that in the foreword.

back to rebblit, faggot

Why the fuck did you put quotes around Indian curry?

Japanese curry is just bad, there isn't any other way to describe it

If you consider it curry, sure. But if you critique it as a spiced stew its not so bad.

>Why the fuck did you put quotes around Indian curry?

You shouldn't be surprised. Dumbass thinks that the best version of Indian curry is the one derived from a Portugese dish and is pretty much only popular in the UK

Attached: 1506861750543.jpg (750x745, 124K)

Why would anyone eat filipino "curry" instead of Tausug/muslim dishes that are basically curries.

It's less about the recipe itself and more on how people cook it here. They're too afraid to use curry powder and chili for fuck knows why.

Attached: kirby eating shit.jpg (1200x800, 309K)

I thought curry was pretty much only an Indian/Thai thing.

Attached: grils.png (1094x758, 1.61M)

pretty much this, the OP used a false premise.

There's Indian curries, and there's a much smaller number of Thai curries. There are no other curries. All other curries are simply rehashed memes of these.

I always make my ca ri a bit thicker than normal, about as thick as a Thai or Malay curry, but not as thicc as a Japanese curry.

>Where the fuck are you seeing this?
I want to know this too, Viet ca ri has yet to become a meme and hipsterfied, what's OP on about?

There's like only two or three Viet restaurants in Sydney that serve ca ri ga or ca ri de (Chicken/Goat).

what's a good recipe for viet curry? really love that stuff

>this is the best comeback a filthy assburger weeb can make
Pathetic

ITT: White people rping as asians and then arguing

Just like why would anyone eat nip and viet curries over the Thai and Indon ones
>All other curries are simply rehashed memes of these.
>rendang is rehashed

Attached: 376CE33A-EA6F-4B2D-A627-C32C7CD6BF08.png (586x578, 46K)

They serve it in two restaurants here in Berlin. It has made hipster whites think Vietnam is a curry nation like Thailand

>tfw all recipes online of kulma uses curry powder and not the more traditional homemade paste made of coriander seeds, cumin seeds, langkawas, lemongrass, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, shallots, garlic and dried chilies
That’s how grandma used to make it. I miss her ;_; Sometimes she added oregano too

>something isn't the best version of something
>that automatically makes it bad

Attached: IMG_20170926_105810.jpg (983x1062, 371K)

Well first and foremost the japanese version is a copy of german schnitzel and english curry so it is barely japanese

>Not knowing that the German schnitzel is an adaptation of the Mayan Yucatan staple: the Pi' Pu Pulque

holy shit you're retarded

Attached: schnitzel making.png (786x783, 1.46M)

Wahtever fucking weeb japanese didnt even have bread and when the europeans came they just straight up copied all of our shit from tempura to schnitzel alls eruopean not japanese

it has shoulders like arnold schwarzenegger. why is Veeky Forums so gay? because weebs, ok

>traditional homemade paste made of coriander seeds, cumin seeds, langkawas, lemongrass, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, shallots, garlic and dried chilies
Noice, there's coconut milk and peanut butter too right? Will make it one of these days.

huh?

Of course. You should also reserve one cinnamon stick and two pieces of lemongrass to let it simmer in too. Add whatever amount of chilies to it as you want depending on how spicy you want it.

Also she added just finely crushed peanuts to it instead but peanutbutter is fine

>Dunno but check out this chicken katsu curry French fries I had the other day, it was surprisingly good.
I would be very surprised if that was "good" at all. It looks like bland crap, and that sort of a poutine where they took the crispness out of the breading and fries. Bland as hell looking with mush for texture. So, yea, I'd be surprised.
Anyone that thinks pork katsu is good, must like tough as shit pork flash fried with no seasonings or flavor.

Not everyone is a brain-dead idiot that overcooks the pork, user.

>Anyone that thinks pork katsu is good, must like tough as shit pork flash fried with no seasonings or flavor

Attached: 551299A1-7983-4D41-B718-843ACCB62296.png (645x729, 90K)

>Not everyone is a brain-dead idiot that overcooks the pork, user.
Don't try to convince anyone that pork should be cooked at high heat only until done, so it remains juicy. Protein seizes up at high heat. Japanese aren't even pounding it like a german would. To be fair, pork schnitzel is because veal is expensive. Veal is the ideal breaded meat product. If you wanted to be cheap, you should be doing cubed steak.

yes, when shunning local culture and cuisine wasn't the in thing so people actually enjoyed local shit. there was a time not long ago that italian was considered exotic in america because people mostly ate home recipes and shit.

The only times I have seen it is when they sell Thai curry at Vietnamese places.

Almost all ethnic food is just meme food.

>curry

curry is an indian dish, typically consisting of a base of onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and a wide range of spices

Even this definition is wrong.

Coat and marinate meat in curry powder, chopped onion, garlic, lemongrass, salt, and sugar.

Cut the potato and sweet potato (khoai lan tay voi khoai lan ta into bite sized chunks.

Fry the meat in a pot until brown, add some 5cm ish lemongrass stalks and bay leaves

Add the chopped potatos and just enough water to cover the ingredients, simmer until they're soft.

Add coconut milk or coconut cream. If you want it thicker use less water and more coconut milk. Add some fish sauce and or shrimp paste to enhance the flavour. Not too much though, don't want it to overpower the curry.

Ladle it into a bowl, top with some coriander and basil, serve with rice, vermicelli or vietnamese bread (banh mi)

What you could also do is have a dipping dish of chili, salt, pepper and lime juice, dip your piece of bread into the curry, and dip that into the salt, lime, pepper and chili and eat it.

Enjoy.

>curry powder is 100% indian
Funny you day that since they don't use "curry powder" in India

huh?

desu i dont mind japanese curry mostly because curry recipes i find that are from other cultures are too spicy for me so far and i dont mind the thickness

please ignore the desu that was an error

They grind the spices on into powder you moron

Attached: CD47DB2D-6711-461D-AC19-C6635329EA46.png (620x581, 16K)

newfag xd

almost identical to our(filipino) curry minus the lemongrass, sugar and topped leaves

that's because Indians make curry so often that they grind their own spices to make their own powder

Thanks man. I'd rather go for the crushed peanuts.

The only pathetic thing is your race.
>filipino pride
>HAHAHAHAHA

it is funny that you say that because we absolutely do, you must not know what masala is.
t. Agra

British Curry > Anything from the East

>british cream with a slight kick to it < dogshit
ftfy

>japanese aren't pounding the meat

it is common practice to pound pork used for katsu.

You’ll find spicier curries in birmingham than anywhere in india

British Curry > Steph Curry.

The goddamn desserts in Andhra are spicier than anything in the entirety of the UK

Wrong

>being this obsessed over an archipelago in the South China Sea
What a fucking loser

Attached: 03884322-9AE3-415C-B2AF-511429E7A424.png (800x450, 359K)

no. he's a big guy

muh fried chicken cutlet is authentic historic japanese food!

diaoyu islands belong to china, laowai

yeah but if your dish lacks goodness you can make up for it a bit with innovation. here we get neither