Favorite Appetizer

when your at a full service joint, what is your go to app?
I've always loved me some fried cheese or cheese sticks. served with a tasty marinara sauce.

Attached: The Best Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks.jpg (680x453, 94K)

Makes me sad that TGIF's potato skins went down the drain, frozen ones even taste better now. Their cheese sticks/planks are still good.

For me it's the cheese spinach dip

chili
FUCKING
cheese

god fucking cunt i want some now

Attached: chilli-cheese-nuggets-recipe.jpg (600x271, 40K)

looks tasty, I've never seen these avaliable. is it served with a sauce?
tater skins are my second favorite. there pretty easy to make if you have some left over baked potatoes. the best sauce I've had with them was a heavily peppered (black) sour cream

not necessarily sauce, but dip. youll generally get them at burger king & shit like that. ive never had them "classily", but i did make them once myself.. its pretty easy. jalapeno inside cheddar-ball, coated with egg/breadcrumbs/dough, and then fried. thats pretty much all it is. little ball of cheese & spicyness that fits between your fingers

All these turboplebs. The correct answer is fried mushrooms.

Deep fried 'shrooms with ranch is where it's at.

Fried pickles, boys.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (600x445, 31K)

I've made some fresh fried mushrooms rather than the stuff that comes frozen in a bag and they were so much better than any I've had before.

one of the few fried apps that I will pass on. not bad just not my thing

fried jalapeños

All of these and deep fried mini corn dogs

>mini corn dogs
underrated. I love corn dogs. and would always get them if at A&W in the mall

spinach and artichoke dip

THE BEST BONE-IN WING'S EVER.

Applebee's 30 piece meal during happy hour.
THE BEST. BWW/Wing Stop can't hold a candle.

Attached: wings.jpg (320x235, 32K)

>BONE-IN WING'S
there's only one wing the rest are just nuggets. will have to try applebees next time I'm there

Jalapeno poppers are the bomb.

Attached: jalapeno-poppers-11.jpg (480x480, 72K)

Oh look, a thread for people who go to Applebee's

Lmao

toasted ravioli are amazing

Attached: download.jpg (1000x662, 567K)

Oh look, a new tripfag to filter

Lmao

are they better than fried cheese stick? another one I'm gonna have to try

Longhorn Steakhouse's firecracker chicken wraps are the best appetizer I've ever had. I don't know why, but I always want more. They're addicting. I tried a copycat recipe and it was shitty and nothing like the restaurant version. Part of me wants to beg for the recipe from them

Attached: firecracker.jpg (600x450, 310K)

got heem

>recipe
they're not making them in house my friend. they come in a box and they're frozen.
they look like any southwestern spring rolls that you would get anywhere else.
I've never been to longhorn, but when I worked at ruby tuesday. I would have one pocket filled with spring rolls and the other pocket filled with a prime burger and challah bun. all nicely wrapped up of course and I would cook them at home. I loved those spring rolls like nothing else

Apps are really the one thing chains do right, prepackaged and frozen or not

your right.
I did work the app station at a different place and they made fresh to order the best onion straws I'll ever taste. but they were just white onions from sysco that was already peeled. the prep cook would slice them super thin on a deli slicer and weigh/bag them up. then I would dump the bag in a bucket that had a half cup of 2% milk, spin it around a few times and into the flour they went. hold the fryer basket over the trash can and knock off the excess flour into the trash before frying for 60 seconds and season. they were so good and went great on burgers too. but I didn't work lunch shift for the burgers. a big pile would go on the combo platter that had an assortment of apps.
it can be done at home if you have a sharp knife and know how to use it
and like i mentioned earlier with the potato skins. it didn't matter how may extra baked potatoes we had because the left overs would be sliced in half and the inner part or the potato would be spooned out and tossed. when a order came in throw those skins in the fryer for a few minutes to put some color on them. the prep cook shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese mixed it up with some cooked bacon pieces and chopped scallions. fill that browned skin with that cheese mix and under the broiler it went for a minute. served with that peppered sour cream and it was amazing but so easy

you definitely write like you work the app station, that's for fucking sure.

You are correct. I firmly believe there is an objective answer, and this is it lol.

that was 15 years ago. and I'm pretty sure those are the only apps that I had to do anything to get out. the rest were just grab from the freezer and drop in the fryer. except we had escargot that was already made up I just had to put on a few circles of puff pastry and put it in the oven.

I have always loved apps. others that have been mentioned that I like alot are the jalapeno poppers, I like the cheddar filled ones. spinach artichoke dip, I gotta try those fried ravioli, fried mushrooms. but nothing compares to good ol' fried cheese in my opinion
I'm surprised no one mentioned onion rings

fried mozzarella sticks are better with ketchup

that's just like your opinion man

I use to deep fry a lot and most times I didn't have a tasty marinara for my cheese sticks. and I love ketchup more than most people I know, but I didn't like it nearly as much. usually if I didn't have marinara I would dip it in ketchup and ranch, it was decent but not like covering the whole thing with marinara

most marinaras are not tangy/sweet enough to contrast the cheese sticks, maybe if I put a little balsamic in marinara it would be better than ketchup

>stealing from your employer
>challah bun

user, I.....

my nig

huh?

I would fart in my own mother's mouth for southwestern egg rolls.

Attached: 864383e551dc5c6e570525f29605b524.jpg (600x400, 61K)

I've never had the chance to eat these, but I love deep fried shit and I LOVE pickles, so I really want to try these once.

Shiitake tempura is the shit. Doesn't even need the tempura, just bake them over charcoal.

Fuck, these look so good. I say that as third-generation Italian-American.

Caprese with basil and prosciutto

calimari is fucking great

>just bake them over charcoal
most foods cooked over charcoal is great
>Shiitake tempura
do you mean shiitake fried in a tempura or ground up dried shiitake added to the tempura? I got to imagine it's the former not the latter. when I fried some fresh mushrooms I'm pretty sure it was crimini (baby portabella) in a beer batter. Morel season will soon be upon us in the eastern half of the U.S. those will be some good days for sure
>calimari is fucking great
Damn Right they are

>Americans literally start every meal with 2500 KCal worth of fat and salt
damn.

not usually, the only time I get apps is if I'm with a group. or if I'm ordering apps instead of a entree.
fuck your bait is lame

Filo prawns with sweet chilli dip.

Attached: 14235_filo_kp.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Nigger get the fuck out of your house and go get some friend pickles RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

They are god damn incredible.

Is full service joint just code for shit like Applebee’s and TGIFridays? If so why are you all talking about these places? They are not good and you should not be going to them.

Also why are you throwing around the N-word with an “-er” at the end. Come on, pal.

>not eating the Southwestern egg rolls before you fart in your mother’s mouth

Missed opportunity.

fried calamari is GOAT

Coconut shrimp baby!

????? hello

Shaddap

Hey, STLfag

Shut the fuck up, nigger.

If not your pic related, it's the place's special or either something fried, preferably pickles.

I love ketchup and you are mentally ill.

I don't think anywhere around me offers them but I'll be on the lookout!

huh?

>"""appetizers"""
holy fuck can you amerilards keep food out of your mouth for at least a fucking second?

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (800x800, 66K)