We all know duck is the best protein. But what is the best recipe for the best protein?

We all know duck is the best protein. But what is the best recipe for the best protein?

Attached: 153487361.jpg (673x446, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

juliasalbum.com/how-to-cook-duck/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>best protein
That would be pork.

>eating mammals

We talking breast or liver?

artery clogging cholesterol.

confit de canard

That would be chicken, sweetie

>best protein
So, legumes or fish?

Attached: peking duck.jpg (930x550, 797K)

>legumes
not even complete bro

>implying you would be eating legumes without whole grains in the first place

If you haven't had duck a l'orange, you hate life

I'm Shiva of the duck world, pancakes are the way to go. Otherwise this came out pretty well the other day :

juliasalbum.com/how-to-cook-duck/

I didn't bother with the glaze, came out crispy as

yeah, that's retarded.
Just eat animals they are complete.

Crispy as what?

Attached: 1498875700268.jpg (307x307, 42K)

Duck is a bird, not a protein. Examples of proteins include keratin, gluten, and casein. Now you are smarter and can use words more good.

Duck is not good, chickens and turkeys are good, but duck is not good.

You know you're on Veeky Forums right? Do you also correct everyone that they really should be saying kilocalories when talking about calorie count?

duck?

for my money, it's smoked duck breast. still want to try making goose.

All the recipes I can find are for whole ducks, but I impulse bought a pound of duck breast at the store today. What's the best way to prepare just a duck breast? Just cut the skin, get some five spice on there, and pan sear it? How do I tell doneness with duck?

My point exactly. This is Veeky Forums, not Veeky Forums. It's a bird. It's poultry. It's meat. It's not "a protein."

Rillettes on toast

Attached: Duck-Rillettes[1].jpg (400x267, 51K)

>Nutrition not an important part of cooking

Nutrition belonged to cooks before it belonged to gymbros, remember that.

Score the skin, salt both sides, brown both sides in a pan starting with the skin down, place in oven with the skin up.

duck confit of course. i do like peking duck, but its more about the plum sauce.

Score the skin, season, put on the pan skin-side down on low heat, first then gradually raise the heat so you remove the fat better. Sear both sides and put in the oven if you feel you have to. Test for doneness like any steak: if it bounces back, it's medium rare to well.

>duck is best protein
TRU

peking is my favorite, but honestly duck protein best protein for a reason
it's good in just about every way

huh?

Season with salt and pepper.
Cook a duck breast skin down for 8 minutes and then flip for 30 seconds, put into an over for another 5 minutes and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Eat with Cranberry Sauce

Peking from a restaurant is the best.

How long can I save duck fat for? I want to try making duck confit one day, but I don't make duck often enough to get two cups of fat very easily.

Clean fat can stay fresh for a very very long time in a refrigerator, but it depends on hygene.
~6 months.

That's not crab.

Thanks. Now am I right in assuming that if I store the fat for a long period before making the confit, that will affect how long I can store the confit after cooking? Not that I'm expecting leftovers to last long enough for it to matter, just curious.