What can i cook in these? Ive already made bolognese, bread, and pot roast

What can i cook in these? Ive already made bolognese, bread, and pot roast

Attached: 65e3151d-4497-4df8-9893-da54fdfa4211_1.fbbd701562b54dbffb0b193b48ddc5a8.jpg (560x560, 34K)

Chili

nothing thats all the things.

Deep dish pizza.

How?

Real deep like.

Is cioppino good?

one pot pasta

fondue

Literally anything which can be cooked in a pot.

huh?

They're top tier for braising, not to mention any soups or stews.

>which
*that which

>pot
DUDE

Cornbread?

casserole and cassoulet

you make cornbread in a cast iron skillet you fucking retard

OP posted an enameled cast iron dutch oven. Did you not know that it was cast iron because you've only seen them in pics?

anything that you can cook in a pot.
It doesn't have shitty glued on bits so you can stick it in the oven.
It's enameled so you get the benefit of cast iron without all the work. And you can actually cook acidic things in it whenever you want.
There's no limitations.

Open a cookbook to any page...
That... you can make that...

It's the most versatile pan I own. If it heated up quicker I'd be pretty much the only pan I'd use.

Slow roast a lamb shoulder

no knead bread
looks like the perfect size

Attached: patchh.jpg (301x167, 6K)

Make you some BEANS mah boi

isnt the pressure cooker still superior for beans

It's faster, but I always seem to get a better flavor/texture when I do them slowly in a pot.

Braising ftw

>braising in 2018
We have sous vide now grandpa.

Braising makes a stew if you didn't realize.

420 BRAISE IT
Also a dutch is good for most anything you would use a sauce pan for. The only real variable is "lid on" or "lid off". That is to say lid on with high heat will fuck anything you're trying to cook.

Beans, chili, pretty much any kind of stew. I love mine

At the cost of flavorless meat.
Sous vide + sauce > stewing liquid.

Where does the flavor go when you braise??

>Using a meme gimmick over the thousands years old time honored and tested method
I can easily guess you're a worthless millennial, kid.

You can roast a whole chicken with potatoes and carrots.

Into the braising liquid.

Great argument, luddite.

too high of walls to roast properly.
it's better to roast in a shallow cast iron pan.

You're eating the liquid which also soaks into your potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. You don't get that from sous vide.

>You don't get that from sous vide.
it's called making a sauce, it's what chefs do.
You also benefit by having medium rare meat instead of dried out cooked well meat.

Attached: sousvidechuck.jpg (3264x2448, 538K)

You're not making a steak with pan sauce when you braise man... You're making stew. You're eating the liquid and the veggies cooked in the liquid. It's a different dish. I do sous vide when I make steak, but it literally can't be used to make a stew.

>You don't get that from sous vide.
You most certainly can. Add stock, herbs, other seasonings, etc, to the bags your veggies are cooked in.

>but it literally can't be used to make a stew.
What makes you think that?

There are several recipes in Modernist Cuisine for stews cooked sous-vide. It works exactly like any other stew; you just cook it in vac bags instead of in a pot. Or if you want to get fancy you can cook the individual ingredients separately (thereby getting the ideal cooking time/temp for each one) and then combine them when you serve.

>You also benefit by having medium rare meat instead of dried out cooked well meat.
Slow cooked meat isn't dry or tough. You're dissolving out the collagen and gelatin. This can only be done when held near boiling for a long time. Sous vide will not accomplish this. It's a different way to cook meat.

>This can only be done when held near boiling for a long time
No. It takes time + temperature, but it doesn't have to be "near boiling". Lower temperatures work well too, it just takes longer. And even if you did want to keep the temperature "near boiling" you can still do that via sous vide--just set the temp of the water bath closer to boiling.

yes you can cook tough cuts in sous vide to tender without overcooking it to well done.
Read a fucking cooking book.