Hey pals

Hey pals,

I had to get rid of some chicken drumsticks, so I threw em into a slow cooker with some tinned tomatoes, soy sauce, miso paste, brown sugar and garlic.

Keen to add some kind of filler, like beans or something.

What would you guys reccomend?

Attached: 656D3508-0BAF-4676-ABFA-910F14FB41E9.jpg (2048x1972, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/10/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dumping that trash out and ordering a pizza.

take out

Pair that meal with a fine trash can

Could chickpeas work?

>didn't brown the chicken before putting it in

rip op

I’m gonna be stripping the chicken from the bone in a few hours.

where's that drawfag for some gore material?

firstly, where's the onion? and either dischi volanti or farfalle, clearly

Enjoy your food poisoning op.

Oh so you reckon some kind of pasta thing? I have some farfalle lying around...

How do you figure that user?

sounds divine as is

I did the same thing about a week ago, just put in a cup of water, an onion, some potatoes, seasoning on high for 6 hours. Cooked all way the way through. My drumsticks were frozen too.

always brown ur chicken first

use some carb like potato/ rice/ beans

Throw the baby out with the bathwater... I mean, just toss the meme machine and all the garbage you filled it with.

It was! I added a splash of red wine at the end and had it on a bed of mashed potatoes.

Bit rich, but the potates really sussed that.

It was okay without, but I’d love to know why you reckon browning it is a good idea.

Thanks OP, gonna save that for the next gore thread

did you not fucking wash that thing since the last time you used it?

For flavor purposes

Whenever you braise meat(which is essentially what a slow cook is - braising for retards), you want to brown you meat first in order to add more flavor to the meat. Also, you should be braising in a grown up dish like a high sided stainless steel pan or a cast iron(enameled or not) dutch oven so you can deglaze the pan and get all the delicious stuck on meat bits into the cooking liquid, although I suppose you could just deglaze the pan you browned your meat in and add that liquid to the slow cooker. But seriously, don't use a fucking slow cooker unless you're making something like those grape jelly/bbq sauce frozen meatballs, or corned beef.

SLOP

O

SHIT

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info user, I'll do that next time.

Attached: taco chicken.webm (500x500, 2.56M)

Attached: beauty.png (1032x683, 228K)

>jarred salsa
gross
>taco seasoning
lazy
>unbrowned chicken
sinful
Instead of that stupid fucking bullshit, braise your chicken in cheap Mexican or American lager, lime, chili powder(made from freshly ground dried chilies), freshly ground toasted cumin, freshly ground coriander, and salt. Save the cilantro for when you make the actual taco.

>chili powder(made from freshly ground dried chilies)

where do you live? we dont have fresh chilis all over the world.

Why not. I can leave the house and know for sure I'll have a meal waiting at home and not a burnt down property.

I didn't say you have to dry the chilies yourself, you fucking retard. You buy them already dried in any grocery store and grind them when you need them. The aromas start breaking down immediately once they're ground, but whole dried peppers last pretty much indefinitely as long as they're sealed in some kind of bag or container.

Because it tastes worse. You're better off reheating something that has been cooked properly than relying on a slow cooker.

I don't think you understand; a vast majority of western europoors literally don't have access to decent spices.

Then maybe they should use an image board created by and for Europeans.

That's not correct. Get your head our of your rectum.

It's 100% correct. A stew made the proper way by cooking each part of the dish incrementally in order to build flavor that has been refrigerated is actually going to taste better the next day. Throw that shit in a small saucepan and cook over low heat and you'll have dinner within minutes.

it only takes one autist to ruin a thread.

Wait until it’s cooked, add raw rice and turn it on high until the rice cooks.

Chuck raw rice in and let it cook in the sauce.

fuck off pooftah

na, cunt

OP here, thanks so much for the suggestions!

My dinner turned out really well thanks to you champs. I appreciate that there’s at least one board of people willing to help a guy out.

I love this board.

Attached: 7105D3D2-EE47-451D-AACD-FA55CA41979F.jpg (670x594, 282K)

The fuck are you crying for, greasy chink?

>any recipe video
>add avocado
Every time

Just a photo i had kicking round. Not me, sis.

Seconding this.

You need a carb. I'd add rice. Beans is just more protein.

Attached: 18rhpza9dtsipjpg.jpg (450x600, 54K)

Forgive me for being clueless, but what’s the thought process for needing a balance of stuff like carbs and proteins in a meal?

Nutrition?

talk for yourself pleb. i can get good stuff here in spain.

huh?

Here is why slow cookers suck
seriouseats.com/2016/10/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers.html

Attached: vege soup.jpg (5472x3648, 704K)

>beans aren't carbs

>this is the average redditor

Attached: 1520090675414.gif (261x253, 1.44M)

>this is the average nu-user

Attached: A36FC53D-4FE6-48AD-AC17-5A05FCEBB7A5.jpg (307x278, 20K)

sweaty fucking chink fuck off with your disgusting soy chicken slop blog

>he mad

Beans are just another type of carb that is somewhat higher in protein than, say, rice is.

>avacado
every fucking time

Im a navy chef and youre wrong