Best Doughnut?

I was having an argument with some friends a few days ago about the best kind of doughnut. We were at a market and my friend filled up on ones with a bunch of frosting and/or filling, and I said my favorite doughnut is just the plain doughnut. My friends were disgusted with me and said I was a monster. What are your favorites/is the plain that bad to you?

Attached: The only good doughnut.png (480x457, 341K)

plain is boring but good with coffee. i like them with chocolate frosting and sprinkles the most. they remind me of being a kid.

These cunts

Attached: sourcreamnigger.jpg (4664x3499, 3.71M)

You are correct. A plain cake donut with a cup of black coffee is a 10/10 breakfast.

Plain is best because you can eat the most of them.

youre right but cmon youre with friends, play along a bit. I wouldve said the maple bar. Someone wouldve said AW YEAH WITH BACON? and I wouldve said no. No bacon. It doesnt need bacon. you fatty. thats why youre the fatty of this group. fat fuck. you barely say a word and get excited at the mention of bacon? you disgust me.

For me, it is jelly. Gushing full of sweet jelly for me to lap up I usually tongue the hole first, the whole experience is erotic for me and I like that

Attached: Jelly-Donut.jpg (1200x966, 267K)

Wow the ending surprised me. Next time I still won't but thanks for the idea.

Jelly spook me because I don't understand how they fill it and it hurts my brain thinking about it.

When I was a morbidly obese child, I would take the 4 remaining plain cake donuts out of a Freihofer's box of donuts, and crumble it with one hand into a glass of milk for maximum milk absorption volume. Then I'd quaff the mush like I was drinking regular milk. I just called it donut milk. When I got older and could eat more donuts I'd occasionally add the powdered sugar ones too.

Attached: donut.jpg (216x118, 10K)

How are you not dead?

There's a reason jelly donuts have a hole in their side, you actual moron.

I do this with peanutbutter based candybars

taht donut looks like a dry asshole

Attached: skin-tag-around-anus.png (400x320, 65K)

What in the FUCK

Attached: 1517610461586.jpg (187x181, 7K)

I guess I wouldn't know because I've never really looked at one extensively. I've only seen other people eat them.

I'm telling you man, just put some ice cream in your donut milk, and you'll never want anything else.

Attached: 1513409658546.png (900x900, 1.51M)

they're children
plain unglazed original and cake doughnuts are both god tier. plain glaze or cinnamon and sugar are both decent choices too

Oh shit, and why's that? What does it do to it?

Yeast donuts need sugar, icing, or glaze on the outside because there isn't much sugar in the dough.

Plain is great. Probably my second favorite. Chocolate will always be the best though. The chocolate ones with the yellow stuffing is 1st and then the devil chocolate is second. And then plain donuts.

Plain donuts are honestly underrated: god tier with milk, great with coffee, delicious with hot chocolate. But it's just something about those chocolate donuts that are just somehow more fulfilling to eat than any other donut. Also glazed is up there as well as those mini donut hole things. I rarely eat donuts though, it's like coffee for me, I have to be in the mood for it.

A fair choice. I usually never eat doughnuts or drink coffee either. I might start picking up plain doughnuts with hot chocolate though, thanks my boy.

in your opinion

i enjoy just the plain airy dough. though i suspect where i get them, they add more sugar to the dough for the plain ones. you dont see plain yeast doughtnuts very often

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. There's just certain foods and snacks I have to have a taste/mood for in order to eat. Like I almost never drink coffee, but then randomly I'll be in the mood for it: I'll have a phase where I drink nothing but coffee for like 2-3 weeks straight, then never touch it again for like months. I have absolutely no clue why though.

Glazed blueberry cake.

Attached: best_dozen_dunkin_donuts_blueberry_cake_side.jpg (525x394, 36K)

if freshly made, the plain donut is absolutely delicious

jam inside is a close second

frosting is for kids

huh?

huh?

plain is fine but i can't argue with a fresh blueberry cake, that is the patrician's choice

Either powdered or maple glazed donuts are my go-to, I physically cannot handle a glazed donut anymore due to unruly and shitty experiences with binge drinking and eating

Attached: donut_drake.jpg (633x633, 197K)

wassat?

i never got the appeal of those super sugary donuts. even as a kid, my favorite were the vanilla and chocolate iced. anything with sprinkles or powdered sugar or cream-filled was just too much for me

this'n. it's the only good thing at tim's but it's better than anything else anywhere at any time

Attached: triggered by sunibee.jpg (829x740, 64K)

bear claws are some good shit

>ctrl+f
>no apple fritters

Attached: SFS_AppleFritters-6_202_275628.jpg (800x800, 148K)

But not donuts, retard

fritters are not donuts. They are fritters

Plain cake donuts are GOAT. I love walking down the street to the bakery in the morning and getting a fresh, warm plain cake donut and a small black coffee, and then leisurely strolling back home in the cold morning air, alternating bites of donut with dipping it in my coffee. Most donuts are too fucking sweet. Plain cake and plain yeast donuts are the best.

Apple fritters are donuts.

Really? because they are fried? legit curious

What are these called

Depends on region i've learned, but generally these are called sourcreams, the west coast/south knows them as crullers from time to time ive noticed

Plain is goat

Punchskis are good too

Holy shit this guys KNOOOWWWSSSS

they're called "old fashioned" glazed you poof

This.

The profits on donuts are insane. It's also a cash business so that's why immigrants, usually asians, open up or buy-out donut shops. Huge money made in donuts.

Oh yeah, that is what theyre called. My point being is that its a donut with several names

For me, it's the Boston Crème, the best doughnut.

Plain is also my favorite
Subtle sweetness, not too much

scuse me?

I love Boston creme so much. All filled donuts are delicious, but cinnamon crumble, sprinkles and frosting, and glazed are always amazing

Plain is the only donuts we eat in my country, usually around christmas, but there are often carts standing outside grocery stores making fresh plain donuts which are usually really cheap and extra good when they are fresh and still warm.

These donuts have more texture and are less sweet and fatty compared to the american ones, and looks very similar to the picture in OP.

When my sister fell for the meme and wanted to try donuts I could only eat one bite and it became too much for me. I might as well have eaten plain lard and sugar.

>my country
I mean the whole point of sweets and pastries is for it to actually be sweet and have sugar in it. You don't eat donuts for nutrition and if you're fine with eating fried bread don't go around pretending your shitty palate means anything.

Refined people know the difference between food for health, food for taste, and food for indulgence.

mah nigga

Patrician's choice.
Honorable mention:
The old "Apple Crumble" dunkin donuts used to have.
Spiced plain donuts sold with cider in Michigan apple orchards after the fall harvest.

>the whole point of sweets and pastries is for it to actually be sweet and have sugar in it
>the whole point of pastries is sweet and sugar
>pastries

>Palate so refined he can't tell the difference between bread and cake batter.

Attached: cfae3d252b570a6543a35ecf9e95ad95efed07dd41d2fd3cc3c963a4e8f1b982.jpg (480x360, 15K)

sorry kid but this is a propper donut it has real cream in it

Attached: long-jam-cream-donut.jpg (600x400, 69K)

not him, but it sounds literally like some kinda birthday cake milkshake
sounds tasty, desu

sour cream. A cruller is something entirely different (but also delicious)

Attached: Glazed-French-Cruller.jpg (960x638, 53K)

That looks fucking good, m8. Never seen them down here, but FL doesn't have much of a donut culture. Only two good local places, but both have bomb-ass sour creams and old fashioneds. I feel like a stripe is the perfect amount of jam for that thing.

Not him but up here there's a difference between sour cream and old fashioned donuts. Also it goes
>sour cream
> old fashioned
> cruller
> apple fritter
> chocolate nut bar
> the rest

I like plain cake donuts especially if the are fried to a further doneness that creates really crispy pieces in the moddle of the donut.

huh?

long john or apple fritter

Fat fingers.

*they
*middle