Has this broccoli expired? I’ve smelled it and there is no foul smell...

Has this broccoli expired? I’ve smelled it and there is no foul smell. I bought it 2 weeks ago and online it says it can last that long. It’s been in my fridge the entire time

Attached: 6FABF009-9B0D-46CA-958D-6053C36C78F6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

smells fine to me you should be good to go.

Just eat it who cares

Huh?

That's completely fine. I ate broccoli that was about that old just yesterday and it was great.

Vegetables like broccoli and cabbage last for a while.

It looks fine.

Broccoli lasts up to a month in my fridge. The florets on that one haven't even started to yellow.

I think I might pass on 2 week old broccoli. Sure as fuck ain't fresh anymore.

Food waste is a serious issue and it makes me sick to see how flippant you are about it.

If you'd throw out the broccoli in that pic you're basically a pansy.

broccoli by color
>purple tent
fresh and best
>dark green
still great broccoli
>green
nobody's complaining
>pale green
time to use this fucking broccoli
>yellow
throw that shit out. Its safe to eat but wont taste good.

vegetation doesnt expire. It goes bad. And when it does, you'll know.
Are you new to veggies?

If it's not smelly or slimy it's fine to eat.
If it's dry and wilted looking just put stem down in a bowl of water and it'll firm back up.

*purple tint

>If it's dry and wilted looking just put stem down in a bowl of water and it'll firm back up
why the fuck have i never thought of that?

Op here, the base and mid section are pale yellow. I don’t know. I have nothing else to eat tonight

Pic for reference

Attached: DDF879EC-2B63-48B9-AEA9-2F1156AD47E4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

Just eat it you pantywaist

Good. butter that bitch up

Ok, I’ll add butter

>inb4 I get horrible ungodly gas

It's fine to eat, but if all you have in the house is an old piece of broccoli you should probably re-evaluate your life.

I should have been more clear, it's not literally the only thing. It's just the only vegetable side i have

I dunno, you're a bit dim? I mean why do you think grocery stores have automatic sprayers in the produce section? It keeps it looking fresh and crisp.

Huh?

I hope this broccoli doesn't make me gassy

the broccoli should be fine to eat. broccoli and cabbage last a really long time in the fridge

If it smells fine, looks fine, and tastes fine.....it's probably fine

careful you might die

Cabbage does, but for me the broccoli hair starts to change colour after a few days.

Looks fine.