Thawing Food

Am I doing it right? I always had difficulty thawing foods. I always run hot water on frozen meat, poultry, and vegetables and my food always come out soggy. I always wonder what I am doing wrong.

Attached: 20180327_153058.jpg (4032x3024, 2.88M)

Nope you're doing everything right user, but it is better to thaw your food in the oven at 175 degrees for 30 minutes.

Maybe because you put nit under running water? Just leave it in the fridge overnight.

ew dont wash your food this isnt 1948

nice troll thread

You need to step up your b8

Don't use hot water. Use cold. And thaw it while it's still in the packaging.

This must be bait, but even so...
Best way to thaw is leave it overnight in the fridge like said. If you're retarded and forgot to put it there the night before, the best option is to fill a bowl with cool water, put the meat in a plastic bag and let it sit in there for an hour. Don't put it under running water and especially don't use hot water.

>hot water
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I leave mine out in the backyard in the morning, by the time I get home from work its usually defrosted.

frozen food is vile to be honest. after i have realized this, i have just stopped freezing stuff. needless to say i rarely ever buy frozen stuff. you can easily have meat in the fridge for 2-3 days, then cook it and have it another 2-3 days in the fridge. and there are plenty of other options, too.

You're supposed to cook it, not eat it frozen, idiot

The quickest way is to put it in a bowl with cold water and run cool water into the bowl.

>go to whole foods, pick up "fresh" chicken
>go home, open the package, see frost
>its been frozen

Attached: 1502959652803.gif (436x319, 271K)

Put it in a bowl or sink with hot water and replace it every 20 or 30 minutes until thawed.

The health department says there are three ways to thaw food. COLD running water, microwave, leave in the refrigerator. Cold water will actually thaw faster than warm water. Not as fast as hot water, but it won't mess up your food.

Just microwave it, dumbass.

>Cold water will actually thaw faster than warm water.
Heat transfer is based on the difference in temperature. Your statement is not only false but also stupid.

It's common knowledge in the industry. Pretty sure even Alton did an episode on it. Sorry it doesn't match up with your bro science.

fucking hate this shit. then you cook it and all the water and weird globules of fat start oozing out of it and it sucks

>It's common knowledge in the industry. Pretty sure even Alton did an episode on it. Sorry it doesn't match up with your bro science.
I guess physics stop working once you are in the industry.

OTS fuckery is putting an end to this already
Although I really hope Amazon kills that shitty program like they killed 5% raises and the Store Artist position

please stop this kind of trolling. it's terrible.

>ice cream always melts when I try to wash it off

Why is cooking so hard bros

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (867x1000, 102K)

I take out meat to defrost before I leave for work and leave it in a pan in the sink and it's defrosted by the time I get home

What trolling? I thought "bro science" meant intuitive but wrong theories based on a lack of scientific knowledge or empirical evidence yet reinforced by your echo chamber of equally ignorant bros.

If you forgot to leave it in the fridge all night, then put out in the oven for around an hour at a low temperature, like no higher than 150

ice cubes melt faster in hot water than in cold water.

so does frozen meat.

no one is actually falling for your trolling that you actually believe that. it's weak. i know.

Heat transfer (all other factors being equal - i.e. in this case, velocity of the water), is mathematically directly proportional to difference in temperature. I had to take two semesters of heat transfer courses back in college.

google mpemba effect

Which says hot water can, in certain conditions, freeze faster. ASSUMING we can apply this to the case we're discussing, that means hot water transfers its heat out of itself faster, meaning that it's even more efficient at dethawing frozen meat. Retard.

huh?

this meme isn't funny and you forcing it isn't going to make it so

huh?

use cold water.

I hate you.

???

When his word is added to the global filter he wins.
He changed the world in a meaningful way!

Vegetables will always be soggy if you freeze them in a traditional home freezer.

leave it under a cold-water drip in a waterproof bag, it's never let me down and it thaws meat in a few hours

Dont you have a problem with carrion birds though?

>Don't put it under running water
Actually this is the health department approved way to defrost meats, under cold running water.