Did you know that once a year, Coke in America is made with real sugar...

Did you know that once a year, Coke in America is made with real sugar? It's to please the Jews who can't drink corn syrup during Passover because it's a grain. It comes with a yellow cap. Strange how 2% of the population gets their own coke, huh?

Attached: 1522127946372.jpg (750x972, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/09/the-food-lab-drinks-edition-is-mexican-coke-better-than-regular-coke-coke-taste-test-coke-vs-mexican-coke.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

over 9000 gorillion

Why a yellow cap though wasn't the brand they got in Nazi Germany a yellow star? Are they just masochists?

They only sell this in heavily populated jew areas

Mexicans get their own too, and its very widely available in America year round
and you sound like a child when you claim one form of sugar is more real than another (let along tastes better in soda)

hfcs isn't sugar

Yes it is. It's not cane sugar

Memes aside, it really is odd. Do Jews really drink enough Coke to justify the extra cost of using a special formula to sell during a single week of the year?

huh?

It's not sucrose, which is table sugar, which is what 100% of people mean when they colloquially say "sugar."

kys

I'd imagine this is just Coke they were going to export. Profit margin probably mostly comes from Israel or someshit.

As said, you don't see this shit most places. Only in places with large Jewish populations.

>Strange how 2% of the population gets their own coke, huh?
Who would have thought a company that sells things wants to sell things makes a thing it can sell during a religious holiday because corporations care only about money.

It's not really a special formula. There's several countries that get sugar cane coke as standard.

Cane sugar does taste better in sodas. I don't care about any reported health benefits or detriments of one vs the other; I'm drinking carbonated sugar water, obviously I don't give a shit about health. The fact is, though, HFCS sodas taste like shit.

>There's several countries that get sugar cane coke as standard.
I thought it was literally every country except America? Since not every country has the combination of sugar tariffs and corn subsidies.

>Cane sugar does taste better in sodas.
No it fucking doesn't stop buying the marketing bullshit, you wouldn't even be able to tell it apart, you only think cane sugar tastes better than corn sugar because soda companies tell you cane sugar is worth more

>because soda companies tell you cane sugar is worth more
to be fair, they only tell us that because it costs them more.

I buy my Mexican Coca-Cola in Mexico, so it doesn't cost me more. I have no horse in the financial race, I just think cane sugar sodas taste better than HFCS ones. I would rather drink a diet American soda than a corn syrup one.

Which is why they all use HFCS...
>great logic there user...

and because they know by marketing it as a secondary premium product they can increase sales and command more shelf space

Yeah, they use corn sugar because it is cheaper and tastes the same and there is literally no reason not to use it if you goal is to make flavored sugar water (unless of course you live in a country where cane or beet sugar is cheaper)

>No it fucking doesn't stop buying the marketing bullshit, you wouldn't even be able to tell it apart
How fucking fried are your tastebuds that you can't tell the cane sugar versions from the HFCS ones?

You're obviously replying to a member of the corn lobby. Notice how he keeps using the phrase "corn sugar," a phrase the FDA said they could shove up their cornhole.

Its literally sugar derived from corn, but yeah I am sure some fucking corn company pays someone to sit on Veeky Forums at night to talk about this, thats a perfectly reasonable conclusion to draw

The taste difference is negligible and they are both equally bad for you

Next you are gonna start telling me that honey is actually better tasting and healthier yet even though it is almost the exact same ratio of sugars as HFCS

>yeah I am sure some fucking corn company pays someone to sit on Veeky Forums at night to talk about this
No need to get defensive, that's not what I said. I said you're a member of the corn lobby. I work in aviation, and when someone says something about the aviation industry I disagree with, I'll reply. That doesn't mean anyone is paying me to do so.

>being on a cooking and food board with taste bugs so bad you can't appreciate the difference between cane sugar and HFCS.

Attached: Dragon.Ball.Recut.E05.Midnight.Callers.mkv_snapshot_09.21_[2018.03.05_23.18.19].jpg (1215x919, 96K)

I am a biochemist, so when I hear people saying dumb stuff related to biochemistry I comment. The company I work for is not involved in food or agriculture however

>my sugar water is way better than that other sugar water

You dont think a perceived taste discrepancy might have to do with mexican carbonation methods?

Are you now arguing that honey tastes the same as sucrose which tastes the same as HFCS?

I heard Mexico is the World’s leading innovators when it comes to carbonation of water...

Technically it is. Sucrose is composed of glucose and fructose, as you know. It immediately dissociates into the individual monomers in freaking water.

High fructose corn syrup is a glucose-fructose solution, composed primarily, as the name implies, of fructose. Not sure what the exact ratio is (might differ from brands and applications), but it is usually 60-40 fructose to glucose. Why? Because fructose is sweeter than glucose.

HFCS is made by passing a cornstarch slurry through membranes with immobilized enzymes. The corn starch, which is just a giant chain of glucose, is hydrolyzed into smaller units and some of the glucose is converted to fructose by invertase enzymes (where the term invert sugar comes from) through a beautifully designed process from a chemical engineering perspective.

Any starch can work. Why corn? Cheap and abundant. Why fructose? Sweeter than glucose. Why not just sugar? More expensive, relatively. Is there a difference? No, literally the same fucking molecules. You will NEVER taste the difference. I challenge anyone to consistently distinguish sucrose from HFCS in a controlled and rigorous sensory test.

t. PhD in food chem

In a dilute, acidified heavily flavored water solution the difference in flavor is trivial.

Even pure though you probably could not tell HFCS from filtered honey in a blind taste test, the only time honey has any character is when it is unfiltered and has sediment and shit in it to add flavor, but the base honey is pretty much straight up HFCS

i believe you

i think people just prefer glass bottles over plastic. it's why arizona iced tea used to be so amazing

Its 100% from the use of glass bottles vs plastic for most coke

Yes and the Fillet o Fish is only still sold because there are a few Catholics left who give up meat for Lent.

Companies like to extract every dollar they can from their customers.

people mean glucose, fructose and sucrose when they say sugar
often maltose and lactose too in many contexts.
The average english speaker does not differentiate between glucose, fructose and glucose

Never underestimate the desire of die Juden to take advantage of all the goyim society they infest has to offer...

No one means HFCS when they say sugar, and most people do mean cane sugar.

Its the placebo effect.

>The average english speaker does not differentiate between glucose and glucose

Kek!

yes we know its a big scary word

>You will NEVER taste the difference
I can easily tell the difference in taste between a green unripe banana and a yellow/brown ripe banana.

People don't know the difference except for soda marketing campaigns, the average person has no fucking clue what the difference between HFCS and other common forms of sugar are, and certainly cannot taste the difference in a soda blindly

and the term sugar is almost always used generically for all forms of dietary sugar (see any sort of food packaging that cites the sugar content)

thats because green bananas are shit until a bunch of chemicals break down into those delicious esters

High Fructose Corn Syrup will give you Diabetes
faster than anything else. Fact. Dr. Eric Berg on Youtube.

cane sugar also gives you diabetes equally quickly

Dips spoon in granular material...
“That’s sucrose“
Dips spoon into syrup
“Ummm that’s HFCS”

Not as fast as HFCS.

Incorrect. Cane sugar gas a healthy natural balance of sugar types which makes it easily digestible. Naturally.
Unlike your gmo corn concoction.

he clearly was referring to aqueous solutions of them

They may not know the difference, but they sure as shit are not referring to corn syrup as sugar most of the time. Average person says sugar, they mean regular ol' white cane table sugar.

there is literally no reason to believe that, there is no evidence to support it
>ane sugar gas a healthy natural balance of sugar types which makes it easily digestible
This is pseudo science bullshit, there is no such thing as a :"healthy natural balance" of sugar types

jesus fuck, you would be an anti-GMOer/anti-vaxxer type person to, that makes a ton of sense

still unsure where this is going

One would think a PhD would be abundantly clear about such things. If she/he meant a solution she/he would have said that.

no, they definitely mean both, even rather dumb people comprehend that syrup is sugar too

Although not as good as Coke, Pepsi makes a no-HFCS, Pepsi with 'Real Sugar'.

There's a clear difference between American Coca-Cola and Australian Coca-Cola, not sure if it's just down to the sugars used or not.

He literally framed his discussion as being about aqueous solutions in the first sentence, its not at all ambiguous, you are obviously trying to intentionally misrepresent what was said

It's weird. I used to hate Pepsi and tolerate Coca because they both tasted awful but Coca Cola was the lesser evil. Now that I can get the 1893 Pepsi that's made with real sugar, I dont even look at Coca. Havent for years. Now that I know what real sugar tastes like in soda, I cant stand anything but the 'best'

its still all carbonated sweet water but hot damn HFCS tastes like cold carbonated piss when you know what the alternative is

>buy our sugar water made out of beets instead of corn plz

they use different and better flavorings, it has nothing to do with the variant of sugar

Its amazing how many people eat up the "real sugar" meme

I doubt this. Everything else ive tried to go back to using HFCS has tasted awful too. Cane sugar just tastes better

>Dr. Eric Berg

HUH?

>there is literally no reason to believe that, there is no evidence to support it
It's a fact. Watch Dr. Eric Berg on Youtube talk about how consuming HFCS is the fastest way to get Diabetes.

>HUH?
DR. ERIC BERG ON YOUTUBE.COM.

>so seething he forgot to punctuate and capitalize
You're the one who started the pseudo shit by claiming that A) nobody can taste the difference between a monosaccharide and a polyol, and B) that they are equally digestibility.

drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/09/the-food-lab-drinks-edition-is-mexican-coke-better-than-regular-coke-coke-taste-test-coke-vs-mexican-coke.html

"First, there is no unique relationship between HFCS and obesity. Second, there is broad scientific consensus that there are no significant metabolic or endocrine response differences or differences in health-related effects between HFCS and sucrose. "

>>HUH?
>DR. ERIC BERG ON YOUTUBE.COM

>Strange how 2% of the population gets their own coke, huh?
nothings stopping you from buying it retard

>DR. ERIC BERG
that chiropractor that had his license stripped from him? That Dr. Berg?

NO, NOT THAT ONE.
DR. ERIC BERG ON YOUTUBE.COM

>Eric Berg, D.C. operates The Health and Wellness Center in Alexandria, Virginia, has been reprimanded, fined $1,500, and ordered to stop using and promoting Body ResponseTechnique (BRT), Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET), Contact Reflex Analysis (CRA), and testing with an Acoustic Cardiograph (ACG). BRT, NAET, and CRA involve bogus muscle tests that supposedly are related to body organs. The ACG is claimed to provide a "readable signature" of heart sounds" that is used to detect imbalances of body chemistry. The alleged problems are then corrected with dietary supplements. The consent agreement (shown below) notes that Berg had made many therapeutic claims that were not supportable by reasonable scientfic or medical evidence. Surveys have found that over 40% of chiropractors have used muscle testing in similar ways, most notably as part of a system called applied kinesiology.

>NO, NOT THAT ONE.
>DR. ERIC BERG ON YOUTUBE.COM

>I work in aviation, and when someone says something about the aviation industry I disagree with, I'll reply.
F-35 a shit

I guarantee you that the formulation changed. The real sugar meme they market is just that, marketing. And it works precisely because people haven't got a clue as to what they are eating. What sounds/will sell better, do you think:

Made with REAL cane sugar!
OR
New formula with cinnamon/anise/flavoring from a different vendor with higher oleoresin percentages and less of other ingredients so that our cost is the same!
t. PhD guy with colleagues in food industry R&D

This, if you want to be healthy try not drinking the beetuswater in the first place, dipshits

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

can you confirm that companies whom claim to use cane sugar are using:
>cinnamon/anise/flavoring from a different vendor with higher oleoresin percentages
??

>getting implants is healthy
typical gmo shill

Not sure what you're asking. That was a hypothetical example for Pepsi. I have no idea what goes into it, but I'm sure they tweaked and fine tuned some their OVERALL formulation as a WHOLE specifically for the "Real cane sugar" product line to achieve a difference in taste, which people are very likely incorrectly attributing to the cane sugar itself. Hope that makes sense.

huh?

they all use HFCS because corn is subsidized by your tax money so it can be sold at a loss.

You can absolutely taste a difference