Learning to cook

Veeky Forums has starting strength, /mu/ has a canonical list of 'patrician' albums, Veeky Forums has starting w/ the greeks – where do i start w/ learning to cook? i know how to feed myself but i want to actually enjoy my own cooking.

Attached: dungeonsanddragons.jpg (550x317, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unofficial-ck.wikia.com/wiki/The_Unofficial_Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

B.U.M.P.

huh?

Good eats.

Huh? The cookbook by Alton Brown?

huh?

BASED

I would more suggest people watch the show, the reading comprehension of Veeky Forums is extremely limited.

if you can make a vinaigrette, you can make anything.

Just read the instructions on the packet, dumb dumb.

Google recipes of what you want to do and try them out then add variations by (1) trying out another recipe for the same food or (2) messing around with the portions according to what you think will be better.
That's literally the fun parts of cooking.

hm thx i am a burger

are you saying there's more than one right way to cook?

I think being a good home cook is about 4 things

>being good at shopping and selecting the best/freshest/seasonal ingredients
>being able to use whatever ingredients you have available
>regularly tasting your food and balancing it for flavour and seasoning
>timing the cooking of each ingredient and dish for perfect doneness

Using recipes will teach you a lot of things, but it's expensive and wasteful to always cook like that and you will get better results by using the best ingredients you have available and adjusting flavours to taste rather than following a dogmatic approach. Learning techniques and flavour combinations is more valuable than learning recipes.

Attached: ThoraBirch.jpg (1312x2000, 133K)

Use fresh minced or diced aromatic flavour bases in most savoury dishes. Mostly start out by frying them in oil.
onion/ celery/ carrot fresh mirepoix
garlic/ ginger/ chilli is Chinese
onion/ ginger/ garlic/ chilli/ turmeric is Indian
galangal/ lemongrass is sea
bell pepper/ onion/ celery is Creole
etc etc use what you want, loads of combos are good

Make a fond (brown stuff on bottom of pan, don't use it if it's black/burnt) whenever you cook meat and then deglaze it and use all that flavour in your cooking, maybe cook your aromatics in it, they will release enough water to deglaze the pan (so use a stainless pan).

When you have bones, make a stock and use it in cooking. Also use wine and chinese cooking wine.

Respect vegetables and don't relegate them to bland chore sidedishes. Incorporate them into your dish and flavour them with the meat, or put effort into cooking them well, blanche and shock, grill, roast or flash fry them and season them heavily.

Use fresh limes/lemons, fresh herbs, toasted seeds/nuts to finish dishes

^^^those are all good cook things

That filename tho

I dont enjoy my own cooking after years of doing it. I enjoy cooking for others. I like to shit on restaurants who cook what I cook worse. I have never liked my own cooking despite it being better than fast food - more than fast food. Someone prepping a dish for you ads a ludicrous amount of pleasure.

All that said lean to boil noodles, rice, use broth, chop veg, use onions and garlic, salt pepper. Cook meats without coating in oil. Thats all.

i really like that dress

The torrents are like 244p.

It's a fucking cooking show that went off the air like 5 years ago, do you expect them to be 4k 3d with a scent-o-rama?

Literally, unironically, non-figuratively and authentically Food Wishes

It doesn't come in your size. Sorry.

Lawrence of Arabia was filmed like 50 years ago with film and they made a 4k release recently.

because you don't need a fucking guide to throw shit into a pan

Veeky Forums wiki when!

hi newfriend

unofficial-ck.wikia.com/wiki/The_Unofficial_Veeky Forums_Wiki

i would come in size if you what mean

*her
i would come in... you know what. fuck it.

read the sticky

i don't think they film tv shows with 35 mm

I just buy McChickens and tell people I made them myself If they ask.

Lemme guess, it's an old family recepie from Albany