How do I make better meatball subs? Normally, I grab some meatballs out of the freezer, thaw them in the microwave...

How do I make better meatball subs? Normally, I grab some meatballs out of the freezer, thaw them in the microwave, then put them on some French bread with cheese and tomato sauce, then put the whole thing in the oven for a few minutes. I feel like they could be a lot better.

Attached: 95154_640x428.jpg (402x268, 27K)

Idk, peppers or onions sound like they could work.

Add a pinch of garlic powder to the sauce and cook it with pepperonis. Also: pickled or sweet peppers if that's your thing.

Attached: IMG_6804.jpg (2005x1940, 2.02M)

>out of the freezer
Make them yourself you disgusting fuck. Your subs are shit because you're using premade frozen shitballs and probably a jar of premade shitty marinara. It takes all of 2 hours to make fuckmazing meatballs that will last you an entire week, and most of that 2 hours is sitting around waiting for them to finish cooking in the sauce.

No one asked for your opinion, dickhead.

Make the meatballs sauce bread and even cheese yourself.

toast the bread before you do anything
then cut up the meatballs and add them to the sub
add sauce and cheese
boom

>french bread
>italian meat
>swiss cheese
burgers are fucking adorable

Make your own meatballs(veal, pork, beef).
Make your own tomato sauce.

Oh shit I bought some meatballs yesterday. I eagerly await your recipes.

Attached: 1520479240931.png (1280x720, 1.63M)

i do mine in the slow cooker

easy as fuck

>mix hot sausage and ground beef with parsley, freshly shredded parm, italian bread crumbs and egg
>form into meatballs, let sit in fridge to firm up
>cook in oil in slow cooker
>remove balls once browned
>fry onions, garlic, red pepper
>add san marzano tomatoes
>add tomato paste
>season
>add meatballs back in
>simmer
>drink beer, kill time
>slather everything on a hoagie roll
>cover in fresh mozzarella and parm
>toast in oven for a few mins
>DONE

Garlic toast the cut insides of your french bread while you reheat the meatballs, adding sauteed peppers and onions to the sauce. Layer a couple slices of provolone over the meatball in the sub bread, and broil until golden bubbly. Smoke provolone will have the best flavor.

As another user stated, you won't likely find meatballs frozen in a grocery that are as tasty as what you would make. For one thing, the better texture would be a if you baked or pan fried them, and then only sauced them later. It is debatable that you will pay less, however. It's quite easy to batch a lot of them. I will chop onion, peppers, parsley, garlic in the processor, combine with meat, breadcrumbs, some good parm cheese and herbs, and roll and pan fry, or bake and then freeze the intended leftovers. If you buy meat 3lbs at a time, there can be a sale, otherwise, not so cheap really because you won't be using as much filler as the store. If you want fast seasoned meatballs, use half sausage/half ground beef, and it's nearly seasoned completely.

>No one asked for your opinion, dickhead.
OP literally asked "How do I make better meatball subs? " and that poster gave valid ways to make it better you retard.

Huh?

I hate most frozen meatballs since they all seem to have TVP in them. Since they're poverty foods anyway they shouldn't be that difficult to make.

TVP?

I like adding raw baby spinach to mine

I'm a broke fuck too and can't eat all that Italian food all week so I'm at a point only some food I can make and eat large amounts of (stomach problems, high acidic foods restricted to couple times a week at most without expensive stomach pills that damage my kidneys) easy tho is put the sauce in a crock pot and put any meat balls you have, I add bay leaves Italian seasoning garlic salt and onion salt pretty much so long as you keep it covered and stir it whenever you're in the kitchen, keep it on high for at least 1 hour and low for no more than 4-6 hours. Then intead of Swiss I use mozzarella. Cut open bread and put under oven broiler or toaster oven until toasted. Only takes less than 5 minutes be careful it's easy to burn. Not everyone wants to or can afford to live like chef Ramsay you dick shits

Textured vegetable protein, they might call it textured soy flour. It's vegetarian protein made from soybeans.

Yea and for people who can't pull calcium from normal dairy sources like most people, soy is a lifesaver and essential to get calcium we can't get otherwise. So I don't care. Everyone has foods they can/can't eat it's all genetic based on the diets of our primitive ancestors

The trick to cheap, delicious meatballs is a 2:1 ratio of pork to beef. I make them in about 3LB batches and it only costs me like $10 for the meat because pork is only like $2.30/lb

Who the hell are you talking to?

>not liking soy
>being transphobic
kys!

meatballs and sauce don't belong in a sub

Apparently you since you're the one responding

not the person you're replying to, but there's a difference between 'not liking soy' and 'not wanting soy in my meat.' Stuff with soy protien tends to have a spongey texture

Follow meatloaf recipe. Cook slowly at low temp.

Use marinara sauce, not ragout.

Buy fresh bread, even day-old bread from the bakery is better than commercial stuff. Better yet, bake your own. It' easy with a little practice, it makes the house smell great and it impresses the qt's.

Oh, and keep an eye peeled when shopping for spices and herbs. If you see the Mexicans buying a certain brand, copy them. Mexicans tend to use a lot more herbs and spices rather than salt and sugar to flavor foods like the North Americans.

At the store I shop at, surprisingly, the 50 cent plastic canisters are the best herbs and spices. The turnover on them is so high (Mexicans again), freshness is much better than McCormick or other brands. And don't buy garlic salt, seasoning salt, or anything else with the word 'salt' in it.

1 can generic spag sauce
1 can generic tom sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp basil
2 tsp gran. garlic
2 tsp. gran. onion
1 tsp gran. oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tsp parsley
add 1/4 cup parm to sauce
bake meatballs open-faced on bread
top with mozzarella

what the hell have you got to lose user?

huh?

wait, is 50 cent a brand?
huh, indeed.