I'm looking for an honest man

I'm looking for an honest man.

I'm Jesus Christ

Have you tried masturbating in the public market?

Hold up a mirror

you can judge whether a man is honest based upon the color of his cum. I can turn my cum into wine

Why not honest woman?

>honest
>woman

fuck off Diogenes

flipping the table and shitting all over the place doesn't mean you've won. it just means you're an asshole.

Behold, I've brought you a man

they work for the honest man.

you don't get to bring allegories

poor Plato

Ok.

>Athenians

actually Diogenes is looking for an indifferent man

What's the next step in your master's thesis?

>Plato was discoursing on his theory of ideas and, pointing to the cups on the table before him, said while there are many cups in the world, there is only one ‘idea’ of a cup, and this cupness precedes the existence of all particular cups.
>“I can see the cup on the table,” interrupted Diogenes, “but I can’t see the ‘cupness’.”
>"That's because you have the eyes to see the cup," said Plato, "but", tapping his head with his forefinger, "you don't have the intellect with which to comprehend ‘cupness’.”
>Diogenes walked up to the table, examined a cup and, looking inside, asked, "Is it empty?"
>Plato nodded.
>“Where is the ‘emptiness’ which precedes this empty cup?” asked Diogenes.
>Plato allowed himself a few moments to collect his thoughts, but Diogenes reached over and, tapping Plato's head with his finger, said “I think you will find here is the ‘emptiness’.

>idealism destroyed

holy fuck

In German he is just looking for "humans". Any ancient Greek fag care to define the wording in the source?

>sword on right side
>probably drawn with right hand
ree

I do love how spartans wore dreads though, and brought the bantz

why don't we have a mashup between this and the "professor holding a rock" copy-pasta already?

You are correct. In the Greek he is looking for an ''ἄνθρωπος'' - or ''anthrôpos'' in beautiful Latin, which means a human.

No idea where the honest part came from. Probably some sort of Anglo trick.

Did Nietzsche get the idea of the madman looking for god from this guy?

Thanks man.

i think it's becaues it alludes to Diogenes own philosophy of honesty (philosophical cynicism). So the meaning of the story is that Diogenes thinks that people aren't being honest and that they are putting on fake personalities when they should be like him, masturbating in the marketplace and being more upfront with their desires. So he goes so far as to not even call them "humans", but the english translation that he's looking for an "honest man" might be easier to understand in this context.

>"professor holding a rock" copy-pasta
?

>probably drawn with the right hand
but isn't this standard for shortswords?

He's a big cynic

They are, less movement required to draw, less risk to cut your reins, or your shield. At rest, those are not issues, but in the thick of battle, when you just dropped your pike, you need to be quick.

I'm honest, just not with other people

>ecce homo
He's basically memeing about christianity avant la lettre

help, i have read nothing on idealism and cant understand what diogenes was getting at here. why cant emptiness always be the same? why does it need to be preceded by anything?

I am a kissless virgin with a below average penis size and a receding hairline. I've never had an original thought in my life and I would rather sit on my ass all day than work.

Yes

A liberal sophist homosexual Athenean philosopher and dialectic was teaching a class on Socrates, known teleologist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Socrates and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Homer!“

At this moment, a rude, unshaven, pro-dog ex pirate slave who had masturbated 15 times a day and understood the futility of society and fully supported eating and drinking in the market stood up and held up a chicken.

"How would you describe a man, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Persianly and smugly replied “A featherless biped, you stupid cynic”

"Wrong. This chicken's been plucked since you made this observation. If man is a featherless biped and knowing thyself, as you say, is possible… then it should be a man now"

The philosopher was visibly shaken, and dropped his hemlock and copy of Apology (of Socrates). He stormed out of the room crying those Athenean crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “slaves” (who today live in such luxury that most are only beaten once a day) when they jealously try to claw captured catamites from the deserving ruling class. There is no doubt that at this point our philosopher, Plato, wished he had lived in a wine barrel and eschewed societal views of normalcy. He wished so much that hemlock to poison with and save himself from embarrassment, but he himself had philosophized against it!

The pupils applauded and all became Cynics that day and accepted no one as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Antisthenes” flew into the room and perched atop the Republic Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The students masturbated several times, and Crates of Thebes himself showed up and enacted the principles of asceticism across the country.

The philosopher lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague "The Plague" and was tossed into the underworld for all eternity.

you forgot the semper fi part

It didn't fit.

well it's great anyway

>a rude, unshaven, pro-dog ex pirate slave who had masturbated 15 times a day and understood the futility of society and fully supported eating and drinking in the market

kek

Alright, I'll be honest.

You don't need that lantern, asshole.

Great job, should travel through centuries.

8/10 I chuckled

I laughed too hard

Hmmm

Diogenes is mocking Plato's Theory of Forms.
Theory of Forms is a rather silly idea, but essentially it's that objects are representations of concepts, instead of concepts representing objects.
Plato is trying to demonstrate it by showing that a series of cups are all embodying the "ideal of cupness".
>why cant emptiness always be the same? why does it need to be preceded by anything?
According to Plato's Theory of Forms, any empty space has to be an embodiment of the "ideal of emptiness".
An empty space is already a pretty abstract concept, so Plato is having a hard time envisioning "emptiness" on request.

The dialogue basically goes like this:
>P Look at this cup and see the ideal cupness that precedes it.
>D I'm looking at the cup, but there is no cupness.
>P If you weren't so stupid, the cupness would be in your head.
>D The cup is empty, describe the ideal emptiness that precedes it.
>P ... give me a moment.
>D The emptiness is in your head.

For himself.

Post the original.
I'm certain I've seen it, but I must have forgotten it.

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!“

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

"Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.

This is kind of stupid.

Some drawfa should make a comic with assburger Plato and spurdo sparde Diogenes.

Was getting expelled for plagiarism part if your plan?

Being an honest man means being a bad human therefore, you are a traitor, logical hmmm?

savage

Diogenes was literally Veeky Forums of the classical age, the proto-shitposter.

Not quite. Diogenes comments were frequently productive.

> a fucking meme philosopher

>"it should be an animal now"
Needs to be alive first Mr. Navy SEAL