>just like whole Byzantine meme Empire
>Hedeby burned down by Slavs
>rekt by Irish

wew lad some fierce warriors they were

Fuck off, why can't we have one good board. Without shitty bait threads

>muh vikings are le ferocious fighters xD
>actually they were bitches
>LE BAIT LE BAIT :DD

Nice meme. But this wouldn't have happened if they couldn't fight.

If they could fight they wouldn't be driven away from every land they settled to begin with.

They were never driven away.

Oh so Stamford Bridge and Battle of Clontarf were made up by both sides?

everyone can fight. Literally everyone. Fighting is human nature, and every group was great at it.

Vikings just raided un-protected shores, surprise attacked, and then ran away, clinging to their pagan gods that failed them miserably.

Tell me about how all the vikings were deported from Ireland and England after that. Oh wait they weren't, they stayed until they were assimilated and left legacies that lasted hundreds of years. Even to this day English is littered with Norse loanwords and placenames. Gallowglass, literally 'foreign warriors', originally vikings were a staple of Irish warfare until the Tudor conquest of Ireland.

>ran away
They colonized all the red yellow and orange arreas.

Why do people even come here if they don't like bait and trolling?

If Veeky Forums is just for baiting and trolling it might as well be deleted since then its just /pol/ with dates.

Veeky Forums is just for baiting and trolling. It might as well be deleted.

Wow guys I guess that, because they were eventually stopped, they're total garbage!

Because they were pussies who only attacked fucking monasteries and got slaughtered every time they went against people who had actual weapons they were garbage.

Beat me to it
Also my resolution is too low for some reason
And they went out and had far reaching influence. Life isn't a video game retard.

They won plenty of conflicts, Danelaw wouldn't exist if they couldn't. If they weren't decent lords, Varangians wouldn't exist. If they weren't suitable enough to the Franks for coastal defense, Normandy wouldn't exist.

Seriously m8, life isn't a pitched-battle video game.

Yes, thats what most raid parties are about. You raid weak targets and avoid proper resistance. I bet you also fell for the katana and spartan memes.

>Veeky Forums opens
>deadliest warrior threads everywhere full of "LET ME TELL YOU WHY VIKINGS WOULD WIN"
>rome threads with "LET ME TELL YOU HOW NORSE FUCKED ROMANS"
>religion threads full of "THOR BEST GOD HE WOULD KILL ALL GODS"
>People who actually know history start informing people that while Vikings raided fucking everywhere and "expanded" a lot, they were actually fucking hopeless in battle against an organised, supplied army of any size
>Viking shitters say "WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ONE THREAD ABOUT MUH VIKIIIIIINGS"

If you were here from the start you would not only agree, but also hate fucking Viking posters so much god dammit they were such faggots I hate Vikings so much

>plenty of conflicts
>lists one instance when they conquered a part of a war torn country which they later lost anyway

impressive

Well niggers do the same when they rob people so we might praise these warriors as well.

The victor of the battle of Stanford, Harold, had a father that was a vassal of king Cnut of Denmark, his own wife was Danish (king Cnuts sister in law), his grandfather was a Danish nobleman. He fought his brother, obviously with the same background as him, and a Norwegian king. He then marched south to be defeated by William the Conquerer.

So we've got a half anglo-saxon half Danish fighting his brother and a Norwegian and then a fifth-generation ruling immigrant (though assimilated) Scandinavian named Rollo.

So viking-descendant versus viking-descendant versus viking-descendant.

Really good point you have there.

>muh descendants

by that logic Americans are British and Brits landed on the moon

Someone is taking b8 threads too seriously, and is a little mad about it

Care to explain pic related?

Well not that guy but, America is a fucking melting put of dozens of cultures and it been hundreds of years since they had anything to do with the British Empire.

You seem to forget that things did not change over a day back in the days. Most of these men probably had a lot of their old culture with them and especially the two brothers who had a Danish father.

>muh heritage

>melting pot
I hate when this term is used incorrectly. Immigrants have, until just recently always been rather thoroughly assimilated. Outside of done meme event, every white person is going to be thoroughly Anglo-American.