Has there ever been such a ragequit inducing game?

Has there ever been such a ragequit inducing game?

>Do fine economically until I decide to start building an army, then all of a sudden I'm in shit tons of debt
>Riots and civil uprisings for no reason, despite all my cities having peasants garrisoned, low taxes, and all the buildings that should ensure civil order are built
>Units sieging a city just disappearing, with no indicator of any battle taking place

Seriously, fuck this game.

Has there ever been such a ragequit inducing era?

>Do fine economically until I decide to start building an army, then all of a sudden I'm in shit tons of debt
>Riots and civil uprisings for no reason, despite all my cities having peasants garrisoned, low taxes, and all the buildings that should ensure civil order are built
>Units sieging a city just disappearing, with no indicator of any battle taking place

Seriously, fuck the Middle Ages.

Mutiny. Happens every other turn in this game, unless supervised by a hero unit, who will in turn also mutiny randomly.

>low taxes
That's whats wrong with your economy.
>Riots and civil uprisings for no reason
Are you building stuff to reduce squalor? You need a large force late game to prevent riots, but it sound likes you're still near the start.

Also, what troops are you building?

OP, you know enemy spies cause civil unrest?

>by a hero unit
You mean General.
Keep the overall city happy though, and mutiny is extremely rare.

Also, are you trying to take cities with a different religion to yours, or do you have shitty governors?

Yeah, a General, although, as before even they can mutiny, along with their entire army.
One time I had amassed a huge force to remove Mongol, and next turn it vaporised cuz the douche was butthurt about fuck knows what.

Never had a major general mutiny on me in over 550 hours of Total War combined.
Somethings not right here.
Overall though, I suppose it depends on what country your playing, how fast youre expanding, etc etc. The enemy AI can bribe your generals, so keep that in mind. My advice would be to build some spies/ assassins if its a problem and outspy them.

i played hours and hours of total war and specially that game (and napoleon) but the last time i played that shit i remember getting one of my castles sieged by 5 full timurids armies with gold chevrons in all their fucking units which happened to be all elite

stopped playing there so they fucking jihad was unsuccessful in my point of view

Battling Timmurids is pretty much an attrition war.

Taxes were low but I kept making plenty of money. Set the taxes to high and my money keeps decreasing.

I'm basically going for any building that increase civil order. So churches, brothels, taverns, etc. Also building anything that increases trade.

I'm playing as the Byzantines and only taken rebel settlements thus far, though I was trying to gear up for war against Venice and Sicily. The city in question where the disappearance happened was Aleppo, which was occupied by Rebels.

Never had such problems playing as the Brutii in Rome 1 when they operate in basically the same region as the Byzantines.

That game's pretty easy.
>Wipe the floor with france as England in under 20 turns
>Reconquer Jerusalem with a Highlander Army as scotland
>Remove turks as Byzantines

same here.
and i played both the vanilla version and stainless steel and no one ever made one of my generals change sides that i can remember...

someone started a jihad against me since i was all over the pope's balls and they decided to do something like pic related but on one of my castles
fucking cunts

Op, have you placed any spies in your cities? Enemy spies will give you extra disorder if not removed by your own spies.
What difficulty level is it at?

I really hate how it doesn't factor military expenses into your budget. Makes the game almost unplayable compared to Rome

When the motherfucking Mongols show up and then when you've finally beaten back their golden stacks the motherfucking Timurids show up with elephant cannons with 3 gold chevrons

Playing as the Turks is miserable

>playing as the Khwarezmians in SS

>TFW PLAYING AS IRELAND
JUST END MY FUCKING MISERY.

Check the religion, if its not orthodox then spam priests until it is. Sounds as if you got unlucky with your units. You should always put them with and general and make sure his loyalty is high.

Its your leaders authority/dread or whatevs, people are not afraid of the monarch, so you need to make it so, you need to terrify them so take him out to battle, exterminate populace in select cities and rebuild it, that affects the reputation of the king and it may lead to people being terrified.

>being a fucking casual
Medieval 2 is nothing fucking close to Attila in terms of difficulty

>buying another TW game after the abortion that was Rome 2