Thinking of converting and shit

Stuff I need to know going from Roman Catholic to Eastern Orthodox. Bible? Rosary? Yada yada, I know almost jackshit about it so far. A lil' info before I wander off to go get converted would be grand. K thx.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=87GvZrM0Kbw
youtube.com/watch?v=TeEHaQjgpOk
youtube.com/watch?v=-oSOxaj-E-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2GHE6oqCc_U
youtube.com/watch?v=faQwgodvqdA
youtube.com/user/evanorth1/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>another christian thread

Well you're free to fuck off if it's so boring.

It's nearly the same religion, I'd hardly call it a "conversion". The only difference is that you're going from a once-corrupt organization that used to be ruled by politics to an organization currently ruled by politics. The Russian Orthodoxy is just a propaganda tool. The religion itself is fine, like I said it's basically Catholicism, just don't buy into the Patriarch nonsense.

Well it was better than the first comment. Yet not enough but, thanks?

>converting to the religion that destroyed the Roman Empire
Hahahahah

Imagine you're clinging to the right leg of a massive statue headed towards a cliff. Now imagine that you jump from the right leg of the statue to the left leg.

Now imagine the statue going off the cliff and into hellfire.

Well thankfully there is no Roman empires to destroy laying around so you're in a safe spot. And you saying us catholics haven't destroyed shit too? Or are you a filthy protestant?

What is it with all these fucking metaphores can't I get the damn answers I asked for.

It's like buying and driving the car JFK was shot in, with everybody knowing it and you proclaiming it proudly. Doesn't make any sense. Catholics sure didn't destroy the Roman Empire. Hating on Protestants is a dank meme, but I ain't one nohow.

If they'd come to help the Byzantine as they promised, we wouldn't have the mussie roach nation of Turkey. And whatever you say, I given up on finding out by now. thxthx

? What do the Byzantines have to do with the Roman Empire? I'm talking about eastern Christian repression of heretics that was so bad that they'd rather be ruled by Zoroastrian pagans or Muslims, which led to the Roman Empire's end in the 640's with Islam's easy peasy conquest of Egypt and the Levant.

Out of curiosity what lead you to the Catholic Church and what caused you to desire the East Orthodox Church?

>I know almost jackshit
>Thinking of converting and shit
Fuck off larpfag

That Russian patriarch comment is bullshit, Russian patriarch is not a Pope. All the Orthodox patriarch are equal except honorary primacy given to Patriarch of Constantinople (this is basically how Church worked before Pope decided he's more equal than other 4 patriarchs and proclaimed he's the messenger of God on Earth)

In recent years there is a great influx of excellent Orthodoxy teachers in America, majority of them converts. I enjoy listening to these guys for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=87GvZrM0Kbw
youtube.com/watch?v=TeEHaQjgpOk
youtube.com/watch?v=-oSOxaj-E-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2GHE6oqCc_U
youtube.com/watch?v=faQwgodvqdA
youtube.com/user/evanorth1/videos

I need to just filter all possible iterations of "I'm thinking of converting to Eastern Orthodox". These threads have become such a hilarious cliche.

Fuck off and be a fedora or something if you're just going to hop on whatever "based" flavor of the week meme religion is popular on 4chinz.

>KGB Orthodox
fixed for you

>? What do the Byzantines have to do with the Roman Empire?
Veeky Forums

Wow, I'll rephrase the question for all hairsplitting pedants who can't use context clues.
>? What does the end of the Byzantine Empire, which involved Turks, have to do with the end of the Roman Empire, which did not?

Enjoy your heresy apostate. Reminder that you won't be protected by invincible ignorance.

Well for one, they were both brought to an end by barbarian scum

>ottoman turks who controlled almost all the former empire except for the city itself, and had a bureaucracy and military that were unmatched anywhere nearby
>barbarian scum
Hahahah, fucking Greekaboos