Name 1 (one) atheist civilization

Name 1 (one) atheist civilization.

Other urls found in this thread:

whynotcatholicism.net/view/comparative-religions
storage.cloversites.com/fcfgroups/documents/Why We Believe 7.pdf
whynotcatholicism.net/view/did-jesus-rise-from-the-dead-the-known-facts-prove-it
whynotcatholicism.net/view/the-early-church-was-catholic
youtube.com/watch?v=vpMM9ZuRkKs
youtube.com/watch?v=epw8PfMkbh4
youtube.com/watch?v=C7vvPXz-Qes
youtube.com/watch?v=N2iJ82kZt8A
youtube.com/watch?v=MKLwutElZ-s
youtube.com/watch?v=jcNJHOkknEY
youtube.com/watch?v=rNhPsGnlgwQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jesuit_scientists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_scientists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZDj5nM0KbdUTEpoka1oyAR8BtHfIiVJm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well?

If you define 'atheistic' as nonreligious in general and 'civilization' as 'country', Estonia, Czech Republic, Vietnam and Denmark are largely atheistic.

Japan

>ignoring the history of Estonia, the Czech Republic, Vietnam and Denmark. It was never atheist from the start and if it were they would still be stuck in Prehistory.

See above.

Atheism was only popularized during and after the Renaissance, and even then it wasn't that substantial until the Enlightenment and the 20th century

Let's be honest. You are not putting forward the idea that religion is nessiary for a state. There is only one religion you are going to accept as acceptable and it involves a dead jew on a stick.

If someone were to say that Paganism, Islam, or personally-developed spirituality are fine religions to base a state on you are going to start screaming.

This also reveals the problem that "religion" is a very broad word, in theory a political or philosophical systems can fulfill the same roles and arguably the "religion" things have been running on since Christianity started it's slow death spiral.

Han Dynasty

The whole West in the future. Consumerism is replacing religion.

Who needs Jesus when you have McDonald's and Walmart?

... so your real question is name one country that has never ever been religious. Ok. None. So what exactly do you think this proves?

whynotcatholicism.net/view/comparative-religions

It proves that with primitive atheism, spiritual emptyness and the belief that the physical world is all there is, you remain stuck in prehistory, like animals. Atheism cannot build a civilization from the ground up...nor can you create a Universe out of nothing, an eternal God is necessary for that.

>It was never atheist from the start
Was any country that has started under one religion/lack of religion kept that stance forever?
>if [those countries were atheistic from the start] they would still be stuck in Prehistory
I'll bite. Do you just believe that religious countries happened upon certain innovations that put them above the crop of atheistic countries, or that only a religious country could possibly happen upon these innovations? Keep in mind that if you said the second one out loud to any credible anthropologist they'd beat the shit out of you.

The modern West

>this is what atheists actually believe
lel, you'll always be a tiny minority kiddo. People will always believe in God and Christianity will never die. You'll eventually grow out of your euphoria.

Don't wait until you're on your deathbed to convert to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. You could die tomorrow. You wouldn't want to experience eternal damnation now would you?

you might be surprised to learn being in your mid twenties does not make you an old man, in fact given the quality of this thread I would be surprised if you've graduated college

Religion common ingredient to bind people together is a foundation of faith in order to create a sense of belonging and comradery among people. It's argued that faith is a necessary element to create civilization, and binds people together just as much as language does.

And there are reinforcing arguments in the examples of Aesthetic states failing in their attempts to stamp out religion from their borders of spheres of influence.

The Soviet Union's efforts to stamp out Christianity were relaxed after realizing that such a feat simply cannot be done in the Warsaw Pact and Russia itself. Same with China and Vietnam's relaxing policies towards religion, the effort to stamp it out is actually more threatening to the stability of the state than just leaving it be.

TL;DR- it's a valid argument that faith is a near necessary component that binds a civilization together, and efforts to destroy faith to enforce another faith/no faith might be impossible to do by force.

America after the boomers die

Triggered you, uh?

Plenty of modern civilizations are completely secular with a mostly secular populous.

The Pirahã people in South America apparently did not have an deities, and were very minimally religious.

Religion is part of human nature so I would be shocked if there were any cultures that were completely atheist since their genesis.

No one is impressed by your autism. Please turn it off for a while and try to have an actual conversation rather than shitposting.

I don't think secular governments count as atheistic governments. an atheist government to me would be the exact opposite of a theocracy where the government punishes or attempts to suppressany and all religious practices. the soviet union, cuba and china are all examples of this. though they didn't destroy religions and allow them to exist they placed heavy restrictions on them and discouraged religion through education and by not allowing the religious to join the communist party

>The Pirahã people (pronounced [piɾaˈhã]) are an indigenous hunter-gatherer group of the Amazon Rainforest.
>Total population: 420
You call that a civilization? mfw

What autism? I'm just trying to help you kid. Jesus Christ was God on Earth and he founded the Catholic Church, which is why you should convert to it. As I said, don't wait until you're on your deathbed.

The west, however im not American.

Hard to say west isint religious with America around

That's anti-theism though, not atheism.

>Jesus Christ was God on Earth and he founded the Catholic Church
m8, not to derail the thread, but I'm not even 100% he was an actual person, let alone the gospels being accurate

Atheism would literally mean without theism, so I think secular governments would qualify as atheist.

Although I suppose you could argue all modern governments, secular included, are built on the foundation of theocratic governments, with laws pertaining to morals that wouldn't have existed without religion.

>only a religious country could possibly happen upon these innovations
Yes.
>any credible anthropologist
iow: ''anthropologists who agree with me''.

>only a religious country could possibly happen upon these innovations
Why?

>.nor can you create a Universe out of nothing, an eternal God is necessary for that
That's a pretty fantastic claim there, user! Can you by chance provide positive evidence for it?

those memes are stale fampai:
storage.cloversites.com/fcfgroups/documents/Why We Believe 7.pdf

Also read:
whynotcatholicism.net/view/did-jesus-rise-from-the-dead-the-known-facts-prove-it

Because spiritually empty atheism is a primitive state. All animals are atheist. Think about it.

The earliest surviving complete copies of the gospels are the codex vaticanus and codex sinaiticus, both dating to the 4th century you dingus.

weak bait

>Because spiritually empty atheism is a primitive state. All animals are atheist. Think about it.
Very vague and pretentious. You're dancing around the fundamental question. How does a lack of religion change human nature? Human beings are naturally drawn to things that encourage innovation. Even assuming God exists, this would be a fairly bold claim to make & I'd be interested in how you would go about backing it up.

then I'd love to hear why Jesus and Barnabas just happen to parallel the passover sacrice and release of one lamb into the wilderness, one of the last words given to Jesus was a fucking quote of Psalm 22 and that lots being cast for Jesus's clothes, being pierced by a spear and him drinking wine from a sponge all come from Psalms. you'd have to be moronic to think that not only were these actual events but also that these lines from Psalms were actually prophecies despite this interpretation only being possible if you purposefully take the lines out of context. how about the garbled fullfilled prophecy that Judas would buy Potter's field and commit suicide? not only is it not prophecy, it's not even in the bible! and this is just the tip of the iceberg. even if Jesus was real, he was a completely different man from the gospels who if he read them wouldn't be able to recognize himself

provide citation for a single complete gospel before the 4th century.

>How does a lack of religion change human nature?
Without spirituality human nature remains primitive. What don't you understand? Also, the fact that out of 50,000+ years of human existence not a single atheist civilization was built pretty much answers your question.

See

> Jesus Christ was God on Earth and he founded the Orthodox Church, which is why you should convert to it. As I said, don't wait until you're on your deathbed.

FTFY

>Without spirituality human nature remains primitive
so what about all the highly spiritual tribes that are still primitive? seems to me there is no correlation. there have been plenty of religious people and atheists that have brought advancements to society

>Also, the fact that out of 50,000+ years of human existence not a single atheist civilization was built pretty much answers your question.
And not a single one of those put a man in space.

People were too ignorant to look at natural phenomena as anything other than >god did it. We know better now.

>an eternal God is necessary for that

Which god?

>Without spirituality human nature remains primitive. What don't you understand?
You restating your position doesn't help.

>the fact that out of 50,000+ years of human existence not a single atheist civilization was built
Another bold claim. I'm sure you came to this conclusion because you've looked everything that ever happened in the entirety of human existence and couldn't find a single example of a nonreligious society being built.

>pretty much answers your question.
Even assuming it's true, it doesn't. It just proves that people are naturally drawn to religious thinking. It doesn't prove to any extent that a nonreligious society couldn't be built.

>See →
I saw that. I think what the Soviet Union did was deplorable. That doesn't prove that a nonreligious society couldn't function/be built. It just proves that it's neither desirable nor plausible to force a religion/lack of religion on an entire group of people.

>Name 1(one) feminist civilization

last time I checked no one takes the Illiad as being literally true fampai

I absolutely LOVE Orthodox chants so I don't abhor you like proddies but no, sorry. You're a schismatic and the fact that your Church is called ''Orthodox'' is completely irrelevant.

whynotcatholicism.net/view/the-early-church-was-catholic

Related:
youtube.com/watch?v=vpMM9ZuRkKs
youtube.com/watch?v=epw8PfMkbh4
youtube.com/watch?v=C7vvPXz-Qes
youtube.com/watch?v=N2iJ82kZt8A
youtube.com/watch?v=MKLwutElZ-s
youtube.com/watch?v=jcNJHOkknEY
youtube.com/watch?v=rNhPsGnlgwQ

>tribes
There's your answer.

The fact that the authorship of the gospels is for a large part anonymous which isnt a meme

>dude i love pics of space nebulae lmao science is awesome yay! xD
>christians are anti-science though :(
I'll bite.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jesuit_scientists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_scientists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists

Watch this too:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZDj5nM0KbdUTEpoka1oyAR8BtHfIiVJm

Stupid op

>early church was catholic
but no one in the early church recognized Rome's supposed authority. the early church was completely disorganized with everyone calling everyone heretics. I mean arianism is barely different from trinitarianism. the trinity wasn't even thought up until the 3rd century

ikr xD religious ppl are so dumb ugh how could they build all those great civilizations n sheit? i don't get it :S

>tribes can't develop into civilizations

XD

>Empire of Heaven
>atheist

>he disagrees with the OP
>that must mean he thinks religious people are dumb
Please keep the autism to a minimum.

>but no, sorry. You're a schismatic and the fact that your Church is called ''Orthodox'' is completely irrelevant.

You schismed the church by forcing the filouique. Your Church constantly innovates and corrupts itself with modernism. The great tragedy of the Catholic Church was its falling to the temptation of temporal power and why things like Protestantism plauged the Catholics but not the Orthodox

Let me remind you of Saint Peter (the first Pope) and of this extremely important biblical passage:

>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Matthew 16:18-19

Hey Im from the other thread are you intending on dealing with the Portugal/Cuba issue?

See
>the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

Reminder:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins

I got the feeling that you were playing dumb, that's why I didn't reply.

Always fun seeing Catholics put on their Protestant Caps to handwave centuries of tradition

I was genuine, your response regarding population was not clear

The one I like, duh.

Sweden

The Holy Father.

The current Catholic stance is actually that any kind of theism is better than atheism and most worship God the Father but have no knowledge of the Son or the Holy Spirit.

Jesus' expression here is hilarious, he looks so sarcastic.

>Oh wow I'm sooooo impressed God, you reeeeeeeally showed them who's in charge by having me killed

Australian aboriginals

Why is spirituality so much more prevalent in primitive societies then?

Why is atheism so much more prevalent in advanced civilizations?

>Why is atheism so much more prevalent in advanced civilizations
Like?

Ours.

Western and First world countries

What makes a civilization atheist or theist?

Those are all still majority Christian you shitheads.

Church attendance has been plummeting for the last century. Modern Christians are nowhere near as pious as Christians in the past. Sciencists i.e. the people responsible for advancing civilization are disproportionately atheist.

>Europe
>current year
>majority christian

>Guys, my way of life isn't an irrelevant artifact of a bygone age, really, look at me I can shitpost.

I am so tired of so-called "Religious People" reducing what is allegedly such an important topic for them to a subject of moronic bickering.

Your vicar would have a turn if he saw the tactics used "in defense" of the violated embattled remains of Christianity.

You see, like Jerusalem, in fighting over it you have ruined it.

You shit where you eat, you have no reverence for the subject matter, the rhetoric is there but you don't have a connection to God, just a mouldy book and a chip on your shoulder.

Get a fucking vasectomy.

Your pretenses to being holier than thou are just that - pretenses.

>Less than 10% of the population goes to church more than once a fortnight
>Average age is 40+

Clearly Christian

Historically Christian.

OP here, why are you pretending to be me? Did I really trigger you that much?

>atheism so much more prevalent in advanced civilizations
Such as? Not before the 21st century btw ;^)

Everything's going downhill too so there's that.

50000 years of human history have a lot of evil to account for, while also having a mysterious god.

Not to mention, Your assumed god has a history of genocide on his hands, documented in his 'perfect yet contradictory bible'. Literally, religion makes men evil, where being some ineptly described atheistic animal might be safer for everyone.

Also, look at atheistic nations today. the only reason they are failing is because they try to practice too much empathy, the very thing you propose atheists lack.

It's like these /pol/ spill over Christians have no concept of how facts overlap into validity. You cant say, "atheists are animals" when factually, atheists statistically are more empathetic and kind, and also, happier. Likewise, to presume humans are not animals, when they only thing they have over animals is a biological capacity for language. I mean, you're literally running on religious fumes here, and the faith baked ideas wont suffice when you apply reason.

>Sciencists i.e. the people responsible for advancing civilization are disproportionately atheist.
m e m e

See

Why are atheists so delusional?

prove he's incorrect or you're wrong and beaten at your own game.

Soviet union, Commie China and other commie countries.

>No true Scotsman fallacy

People can read and study the bible now without having to go to church. Church is more of a social thing at this point for millennials.

In fact there's a huge backlash against atheism as more young people are converting, especially to Orthodox Christianity.

actually I was namefagging from another thread and forgot to take it off

great pic, but, what the fuck does the color represent. There is no key or description on this evidence you bring forth.

wheres the link?

for all I know, that could be the color of atheists in Europe.

It seems Christianity in Europe is purple.

>In fact there's a huge backlash against atheism as more young people are converting, especially to Orthodox Christianity.
You shouldn't take /pol/ to be representative of young people/

Just look at what wonderful counties mexico and turkey are in the current year.

How many were polled? In which fields do they work? I bet those are american too. Heretic proddies are the cancer of Christianity so it doesn't surprise me that intelligent americans wish to distance themselves from them.

church attendance can be correlated with doctrinal adherence, a process of a religious person. The fact they dont go to church means they are less christian in some regard than before, as primary tenant of all Christianity is to 'keep holy the Sabbath day'; and many christian denominations sprang fourth simply out of respect for this commandment (7th day, ect).

When you measure something like religiosity, you cant measure their fucking ideas, you can only measure their actions. From their actions, and their expectations, they are less religious.

how is this hard for you? are you just set on reinforcing your beliefs through tenacity?

>to Orthodox Christianity
[citation needed]

They're probably impressionable hipsters who fell for the ''catholics worship le pope'' maymay.