Why are IRA propaganda songs so goddamn catchy?

Why are IRA propaganda songs so goddamn catchy?

youtube.com/watch?v=ORifieiZiP4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6N2_nMd19to
youtube.com/watch?v=ucigkLLqnG4
youtube.com/watch?v=UCch_W2Ro38
youtube.com/watch?v=ypjGVeRyFb8
youtu.be/jTjR8e40Lnw
youtu.be/0Yr0nwIX_gc
youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pR52yVt7w28
youtube.com/watch?v=PZruLp_2VA0
youtube.com/watch?v=x4sqMNHZxjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Terrorists make good music.

Look at ISIS.

Because its propaganda?

Tiochfaidh ár lá (not sure if spelling is right pls no bully)

But I've always found Irish rebel songs in particular to be really great.

Jihadi nasheeds sound great too. And Nazi uniforms look the best.

The bad guys always have the best style and music

nearly right.

It's because we have a centuries old tradition of rebel songs and music has always been a big thing here. Wolfe Tones are the most entry-level, the Irish nationalist song tradition has a lot of depth.

I'd say the brits are the bad guys of Ireland. Them and the fucking unionist paramilitaries which existed for no goddamned reason

>irish treated as second class citizens
>irish denied jobs
>irish shit all over in general
>"hey fuck you stop it"
>TERRORIST TERROIST TERRORIST TERRORIST

Unionists in NI are the biggest bunch of misinofmrd babbies alive.

That said, the IRA did VERY quickly devolve into little more than gang violence. But at least they had cause.

Not really, the Irish just throw a hissy fit over nothing.

[spoiler]ITS 2016[/spoiler]

Just because the terrorism can be arguably be justified doesn't stop it being terrorism.

I wouldn't call it a hissy fit, it was a massive population of a country being isolated and then treated as the niggers of Ulster for a long time.
The police were protestant unionist, the government was, everyone was.

True, but only a very small amount of the IRA were any better than your average sand nigger post-troubles.

>terrorism
buzzword of the day.

>Popular unionist parties in NI are all very conservative
>Kids growing up seeing them as the big mean anti-gays
>Unionism associated as anti-liberal
>Nationalist parties associated more and more with liberalism
>More people thinking the IRA and their antics were cool as shit against the "evil" brits
>Hardline unionism for chavs only
>11th and 12th criticised more and more every year

CHUCKIE
ARE
LA

>the Irish just throw a hissy fit over nothing

>New war sorrows, new national storm tides will spawn new folk songs aswell
-Hans Brelaer 1913

load of bollocks, millennials are more "I'M IRISH /AND/ BRITISH!!" "END THE VIOLENCE" fence sitting faggots than taking any one side
I find it hilarious how loyalists are trying to flip the table and claim WE B OPPRESSED nowadays though

I dunno about that, I see more and more people even going for the fuckin SDLP for the sake of voting nationalist without risk of anything actually happening.

But yes, you're very correct about loyalists.
>The infinite buttblasting over those smicks who attacked the psni(RA) and got maced
>The never ending fucking fury of irrelevant fleg protesters
>Using the red hand of ulster despite it being 100% Gaelic

They never ever learn

Millenials are trying to foster a "Northern Irish" identity that is linked to cultural Globalisation. They're more concerned with Kardasians than they are with their own ethnic identities

The SDLP is nationalist only in name though.

I've noticed over the past few months, they're labeling themselves in the vague platitude of being an "internationalist" party because I guess it's more "progressive" sounding. They are committed to "making Northern Ireland work", they've no principled ideology apart from the populist issues of the day (abortion, trans issues, hospital beds, foreign economic investment etc). Voting SDLP is in fact voting soft unionist, there is nothing radical about it

I can't be the only one who thinks IRA/Irish Republican songs sound awful and are dreadfully overrated.

how come the irish are so patriotic and shit but none of them actually fucking speak irish?

you'd need the motivation of Zionist Jews and an end to globalization/americanization for that to happen

>tfw irish is 3rd most spoken language in the country after fucking polish

Oh yeah, I remember they had huge pro gay marriage and pro-choice "campaigns" when in reality such things are usually limited to a sentence or two saying "we'll try."

Irish is not only a dying language, but a clunky as fuck one to learn and an even more annoyinf one to use.
Honestly, while it'd be cool to have Irish spoken all over Ireland, there's very little point in stopping NOW and saying "ok back to irish guys."

The only Irish you need is Tiochfaidh ár lá mate.

Though most irish Veeky Forums fags know at least how to pronounce it, when comes in handy for names.

>Nazis and Irish
>Bad guys
The IRA may be fucked up and the SS may have done some bad things, but referring to the Irish or the Nazis as "bad guys" is retarded. ISIS is basically supported by the West, anyway, they're evil but they're not even "bad" in terms of geopolitics unless you're Russia or China. Why aren't they attacking Israel?

Celtic languages are hard as fuck to learn. But irish is honestly in a better position than other Celtic languages, such as Cornish. It's very slowly growing in numbers but most of them aren't native speakers.

>Irish this and Irish that

Irish nor Ireland existed until the British united a bunch of warring tribes so why are you all so proud about being Irish yet hate Britain so much?

Only the most inflammatory and cringeworthy of Irish republican songs seem to be popular outside of Ireland. I think the Wolftones are fucking awful. There are much better rousing nationalist songs and artists that do not get international publicity

youtube.com/watch?v=6N2_nMd19to

honestly get off this board, /int/ is more your league

>so why are you all so proud about being Irish yet hate Britain so much?
You probably won't admit this because you're probably a Brit, but the British are literally the worst thing that ever happened to the Irish, uncontestably. If you disagree you deserve to be forced into indentured servitude on a continent you don't want to go to.

Honestly go back to tumblr

youtube.com/watch?v=ucigkLLqnG4

black and tans is a good tune but it is a bit overused
I like troubles-era IRA/PIRA songs

I have a friend in the SDLP (I give him a hard time) and the reality it is so fragmented it's amazing it still exists. And there is no strong leadership to bring it together and rock the boat by implementing any principled positons. WHich is why they keep giving its members free votes over social issues like abortion, they don't actually care that much

>Why aren't they attacking Israel?
because they would get completely bodied?

That kind of lyrics makes me embarressed to be a republican.

Bobby Sands wrote one of the most beautiful Republican songs ever, everyone seems to think rebel songs are all militaristic crap about shooting brits when it's so much more
youtube.com/watch?v=UCch_W2Ro38

>because they would get completely bodied?
They're getting completely bodied, anyway. They aren't even making anti-Israel propaganda, though. They target pretty much every Western country but Isreal, from what I can tell. That being said, I don't follow their propaganda at all.

did you listen to the full song?

>dawn was waking as i reached my base
>can't forget the look on that boys face
>fear, agony and torment they all were there
>but to your memory mama his life i spared

it's about not doing the unnecessary in a necessary war

In terms of the modern conception of the "state"? Then yes, it was never politically united as we would understand today

The reality is much more complex, Gaelic Ireland was culturally and linguistically united for more than a millenia before the Norman's began Anglo-interventionist relationship in Ireland. Gaelic Ireland was united in it's adherance to it's all Island Brehon law and recognition of the High Kingship. The reason it never formed into a modern state is because 800 years of constant foreign invasion and occupation prevented it from occuring.

The greatest irishman to ever live was Edward Carson

I really like this pro-Irish republican song by the Italian nationalist band Skoll.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypjGVeRyFb8

This nigga gets it.
People who say "Ireland would just be tribes forever without Britain" are full retards, and people who think that Ireland have no right to be distasteful toward foreign occupation know shit all about the island's history.

>Brian Boru and Máel Sechnaill will never be reincarnated.
>I don't know anything labour Ireland, gaelic culture or anything pre-Britain nor the context of post-british Ireland

I feel like the SDLP could almost be a competent nationalist option if they weren't the most "what and who the fuck am I even voting for" party

I wish northern Ireland would fuck off already. English people are always complaining about the Scots but northern Ireland is one country leeching off the union. All that money pumped into that country and for what? A bunch of poor as shit, alcoholic jobless, religious nutjobs who think it's a good idea to stone gays and to abort children from unmarried women ?

Fuck that shithole.

As soon as it becomes economically viable all the on-the-fence people will probably vote to leave as long as some bullshit deal is made so that some people can say they're british.

NI unionists are cancer.

One mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.

I imagine because they've had longer and have more efford, resourcrs and funding behind them. Loyalist songs (at least the ones that have been put on the Internet) sound like they were made in someones shed, on a tape recorder that was transferred to digital by holding a microphone next to it and pressing play on the tape and record on the computer at the same time.

Not only that but they sound like nashville country music too

>The IRA were terrorists lol
>Why are catholics so angry lol
>Ireland was a nation of savages before Britain came lol
>The Irish are evil lol
>What is Gaelic Resurgence
>What is Bloody Sunday
>What is the NICRA or NRM
>What is Irish Genocide, The Cromwellian Invasion, the Atlantic Slave Trade or German Appeasement
>What is killing off a large percentage of the world's population; larger than any other nation's accomplished genocide

And how are the Irish the "bad guys" again?

heres possibly the worst IRA song of all time
youtu.be/jTjR8e40Lnw

heres one about opression and overcoming
youtu.be/0Yr0nwIX_gc

>I like troubles-era IRA/PIRA songs
i admire someone who can actually listen to festering shit

I speak Irish. There's at least three lads on /int/ who are fluent and plenty who are competent.

and I disdain loyalists and people with shit taste (those two being interchangeable)

Fuck Irish baby killers

>says yankee doodle dandy

>the Irish throw a hissy fit over nothing.

mate we weren't the ones losing our shit over a fleg

This desu.
The British have killed off more people than any other nation in the world.
If the Irish were bad guys, then the British would be Satan multipled by 100.

You think because there wasn't some politically centralised Kingdom of Ireland declared at the time that Ireland and Irish people didn't exist? It's not as if the Normans came along and found a bunch of ethnically disjointed folk who thought themselves foreign to each other.

>implying bringing civilization to savages is evil

The balkans are hands down the champs of catchy propaganda music.

youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pR52yVt7w28
youtube.com/watch?v=PZruLp_2VA0
youtube.com/watch?v=x4sqMNHZxjI

Jesus christ you're not kidding. I honestly thought it'd be retarded and you were just shitposting

I'm impressed