/int/craft Historical RP Server - 476 AD Edition

-Server introduction-
/int/craft is back, the only minecraft server out there made by /int/elligents, for /int/elligents. Changes will be made to tweak the gameplay from previous iterations, while staying true to the classic /int/craft experience. Historic RP, Global, Towny and more will make sure of this. Timeline this time around will be 476 AD, set in a map centered around Europe (including the middle east and north africa).
The changes as listed below shall promote more dynamic, fun gameplay: memeraiding is nerfed, while isolation is also heavily discouraged.

ETA: 30th of April

Server Address:
intcraft.online

-Towny
-Grace will be 1 week, first 24 hours PvP will be disabled.

Changes to the war system:

-Max claiming 2 chunks at a time
-Claiming a chunk takes 8 minutes
-Moving the homeblock is completely legal
-Declaring war requires a fee (currently 64 iron), which increases the farther away from the enemy you are

Changes to our towny setup:
-0 (zero) claims for 1 man towns
-Forced nations (established nations only)
-2 day grace (no forced nation) for newfags making a town, with mods monitoring the legitimacy of non-nationship for these towns
-anti-warlog: territory still claimable after 15 minutes of the last required person for claiming logging, otherwise, no other punishment for warlogging

-Enchanting and nerfs-
-Max. Protection 1, Sharpness 2, Power 3 (No flame/infinity/fire aspect/thorns)
-No potions, however there will be golden apples. No notch appples.
-Ores:-
-No iron memeveins
-Iron somewhat rarer than in vanilla
-Hidden ore plugin
-Plugins, and other:-
-Brewery, Smoking Pipes, Sitting plugin, and more
-Obligatoy memerecipes (Slightly nerfed from previous iterations)

-The Boss-
Kirschir & Chien - Head Admins

map is pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34572/how-do-i-join-a-skype-conversation-using-the-link-i-received
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Soissons
strawpoll.me/10077718
youtube.com/watch?v=c3ZvjTHpb1A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

here is a political map for reference

OP will be here to answer questions

ayyy intcraft is back

is there a skype group or anything i can join?

helloooooo everybody its vespi here with yet another minecraft lets play!!1

skype:?chat&blob=EXTYd1OOtn3h1SnIQjKrOzywlvukVWgCViN1yguEWWKI8cMfNQJxNyGG9gcm1uKYiR_qLXMwm7rS-F-8wx1K03Oboarcb7XYM7xMcX1yuFXQwylVjculgZCALu7G2IsbzhaBTCU9MugkZq_53rDtpFuQZcTphZ2fBunoyp04U-A2JL_Xb-kvEHSX-RX8hUBTamZmbkUPOip3eNJWvViLsPWyo9tNJnqCaHcjxw

hi beef

Dumnonia is recruiting.

As the continuation of that one farming province of the Western Roman Empire we aim to become one of the shittiest farming, farming and farming powers in /int/craft 476 AD.
Initially we are going to stay out of the turbulent politics, focusing mostly on farming (specifically on farming in our capital - Exeter) and establishing peaceful farming relationships and trade routes for tools to farm with.
Our long term plan is to farm a lot and to farm even more (Pedicabo ego et colet eam sors).
We are looking mostly for skilled farmers as we want Exeter to become a true city of the world's farmers, but farmers for the Dumnonian farm-y are welcomed as well.
Some kind of out of game communication would not be necessary at all as all we're going to do is farm a shit load (But if you do want to communicate with us we'd prefer Smoke Signals as we don't have computers, only a fuck tonne of wood for farming).
If you want to join, contact me on Skype, my id: Iwanttofuckingdie

The Jewish Confederation is recruiting.
We don't need any shitty introductions, you know who we are.
Add fortytwotheanswer on skype if you want to run the server without anyone knowing.

jews werent independent in 476

delet

Let me predict where things will go with those advertising in the thread:

They will get raided Norse or someone similar halfway through the iteration. They might also get involved with a war or two.

will just be making a tiny town with two buildings.

Are there any saxons? I'd dig being an eternal anglo

i think there is a group of players doing the saxons. If you ask about it in the skype chat you can get more answers

Aright dude, I'll join up, may have some mates from /mu/ /x/ and Veeky Forums who'll be interested too

Pending now my dude

Nice job fucking over 4chab.

>-No potions
Not even stuff like waterbreathing?
Or just no splash potions?

no potions what so ever

Why?
Just add nightvision.

muh rp

What boards are invited?

Any. This time, the server is focused more on a historical era than Veeky Forums boards

I never use skype.
How do I use the group chat link thing?
Please send help.

>Enchantments are allowed
>No non-combat potions

/int/ for obvious reasons
Veeky Forums since they would be interested in a historical rp server
Veeky Forums since they were one of the only good board factions who tried to rp and interact besides memeraiding

Any player is welcome to play, but we are only advertising and "inviting" certain boards. Any quality player is welcome

support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34572/how-do-i-join-a-skype-conversation-using-the-link-i-received

Nether?

nope, there will be custom made recipes for quartz

We ran out of funding, and 4chab was a mistake. The entire /int/craft community wanted their server back from the shiteating /v/ and /pol/ mouthbreathers who thought it was another iteration of 4craft.

All I see is this.
There's no actual link and the faq doesn't seem to address this.

Maybe it could be a thing with a chance to spawn in randomly after death? Or maybe after killing another player?
Or just put Netherrack in volcanoes.
Are you admitting to actually planting a mod intent on destroying 4chab? I was just meming.

Will you be adding more historically accurate weapons? stuff like spears and maces.

we tried that before and it turned out to be really gimmicky shit

the focus is mainly on politics, culture

Im not one of the admins but ill ask about it

We've tried this before. One time they were hilariously OP (A sling had cheap af ammo and massive knockback, did very little damage but tore through armor) and the other time was in 12.0 where the entire server was a clusterfuck. We'd love to implement more content but we don't have the coders

Will all Australians be banned as they should be?

Will there be places where some things are common, but others are rare, so trading is required?

>mod intent on destroying 4chab
Yeah, okay

Is it possible to build a maltese empire?
What is the map size like?

Based on what I remember talking to Chien, somewhere between 10 to 20 thousand blocks wide.

Well, one mod went crazy, banned everyone, and destroyed the bases of the big factions, so it's not too crazy.
I just thought it was a crazy guy, and that the people saying it was you were crazy, but now I'm thinking it could be real.

No, trust me, it wasn't anything like that. IronFE paid for one month of the server (something like €40), and we were nearing that a week into the server. Lemon tried getting the server from him, but he wasn't able to. After everyone knew, that's when things went a bit out of hand.

I doubt the server was going to stay alive anyway, considering luna was running things. Even Lemon started to think it was a mistake.

I'm going to establish the great koguryeo empire

pls respond

Skype should open it up, the Skype: in front of the link means it is a Skype link. If not, try to reinstall Skype, it should set itself as the default then.

I can't type in the skype chat or see messages.

oy vey

I was the one who added the accurate weapons.
However, the main admin (kirischir) hated them because they changed pvp.

sorry about the wait, try this
skype:?chat&blob=weEZ6DpP_Uvn0REWR3bNB5BPWh5g2o77nVUu_e5XrP30IGwDhU6fqa3vaYI54Bn74XKHCs15KiW_r5X7zms-PS3IJ5Cot68bJiI1B25N4OJ3ppYAxol4lNP7dyzJTf3ZSHMB2YFHx6dEiSZRapoVyjhdiZ5PaR-LySkPUa0hNE81qutpXRRnYmJQDhVaX98vhvt5_CXFhdDXLxgiDN36T71KL5ha_k5-z7hSvJr6WRvSkII

will just be making a tiny town with two buildings (and a network of secret members in other towns)

The other time we had historical weapons was when Timburwolf spent three weeks making shit guns and weapons, then used photorealistic textures.

Both times they sucked massive dick, and were a pain in the ass to play with.

so yeah, in order to use it you need to paste the link into a skype chat Like with someone or a group chat then click on it, send the link to his mom or something, then click on it then delete the message. Sorry about this issue

Malta is tiny.

Well yeah thats what makes the idea of it having an empire so great.

it's historic rp you dip, not alternate reality

What are you a turk?

Bump.
Does it need to really be historically accurate?

yes, it's not historical re-enactment per se, but general policy, architecture, culture etc have to be accuracte

This is relevant to my interest, but I'll be away from the keyboard for a few days. I'll join some faction on 2nd or 3rd of May.

Is it okay to use a cracked client? Never purchased Minecraft.

As the continuation of the Roman Empire in the East we aim to become one of the greatest economic, military and cultural powers in /int/craft 476 AD.
Initially we are going to stay out of the turbulent politics, focusing mostly on urbanizing the Balkan Peninsula(specifically on building our capital - Constantinople) and establishing peaceful relationships and trade routes.
Our long term plan is to restore the former glory of the Roman Empire and to reunite it(renovatio imperii).
We are looking mostly for skilled builders as we want Constantinople to become a true city of the world's desire, but pvpers for the Byzantine army are welcomed as well.
Some kind of out of game communication absolutely necessary(preferably Skype as we already have a group).

I haven't played minecraft in 3 years can I do it for free? I seem to have lost my account

sorry but as of right now the server is premium only. This might change in the future but at the moment you lads can't play without an account.

The server is confirmed cracked-friendly,
educate yourself before speaking please

just asked kiri, you're right

the server is cracked friendly

Can you please make this restart the last one? What's the point of playing if the server gets restarted over and over again

we can all agree on that, keeping the iteration alive will be our top priority

Join the Bulgars. We strive to be the most powerful tribe warriors. Just like the real Bulgars.

lol

>year 476

should have made it in the late 800s instead so we could have more fun states instead of these meme tier literally who barbarians with barely any organization or recognizable architectural style

also then we could have Muslims

how to global chat?

this

another failed iteration

desu we can very easily just say its 800's since there's no real difference in the map and all the states that already exist can continue to exist

not terribly interested in playing the "Soissons" or other unexciting "nations"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Soissons

>only 3 decades of existance
what is the architectural style
what is their culture like
what makes them different from the legion of other post-roman state/romanized germans
what was their government like that made them different from the others

desu this perios is just such a chaotic mess for most of Europe that its not terribly fun to play

immediately post-Charlemange is the best since its still chaotic but states are more crystallized and cultures are more defined and unique.

plus you have both the Muslims and the vikings by that time

setting an exact date is always very shit for these

Soissons was a roman state but the majority of its population was Germanic. Despite this it's society was a mixture of roman technology and german people. Its culture was a combination of the two that was unique in the era. The traditional legion was no longer in use so the army would be a force of German soldiers using left over roman equipment and a smattering of roman tactics. Despite roman disdain for kings, Syagrius was the king of Soissons.

i won't argue with you 800 would be a cool timeline for an iteration. Kiri the main admin said earlier that time would progress as the iteration goes on, opening up new opportunities to rp. Hopefully this plus whatever happens organically during the iteration will lead to an interesting history.

>i won't argue with you 800 would be a cool timeline for an iteration. Kiri the main admin said earlier that time would progress as the iteration goes on, opening up new opportunities to rp. Hopefully this plus whatever happens organically during the iteration will lead to an interesting history.

This is absolutely terrible in practice.

Server will not survive until a progress is done and what would happen with history change? People would unclaim their cities and go make new ones obeying the new history? Towns and power will have settled in the first 3 hours of server launch. The server strategies are terrible. Absolutely catastrophic for this iteration before it even began.

its really limiting honestly
especially since our information from that time specifically is so lax

Honestly even Civil War 3rd century Rome would be better, with most cities part of "rome" but fighting for power

people wouldn't be forced to change their rp. It would just mean new historically reasonable nations would show up and could be used.

this so much

we need something solid to build off of and the Roman collapse isn't great for RP when the information of what exactly to RP is so limited.

by the 800s we have pagans, christians, east and west divide building, Muslims all over, steppe nomads becoming more rowdy, vikings expanding, Slavs entering the scene, Rus states forming, feudalism and other political ideas developing, Byzantines still strong, the Pope is actually relevant, Francia is the big cheese to counter ERE, and Italy isn't a complete trainwreck.

so much more to work with

and it would really require no effort beyond the mods saying its the 9th century rather than the 5th

So if someone wants to play with let's say Bulgaria he has to not play the server until the specific time or delete his current town to make a new one?

I'd rather have more players and better RP off the bat than a sluggish start and barely any activity

Europe only is perfect but strict post-collapse RP is a bad idea unless you want to build abandoned massive ruins all over the map

a vague time period is much better than a specific date
if this was just "the dark ages" covering basically everything from the post collapse to 1000AD it would be perfect

100% historical accuracy in minecraft isn't fun

historical RP, raids and building period buildings is fun

>100% historical accuracy in minecraft isn't fun

Why enforce heavily rp then?

>historical RP, raids and building period buildings is fun

You have this all the time. In fact, you actually discourage this with the current server set up.

much better

Why are all maps of this website so inaccurate?

>Yamato Japan
>900 AD

pick a better time period then with better options to RP

>half of the map is still Rome
>the other half are romanized interchangeable barbarians

Something like Is much better for many reasons.

not to mention in this case you have a Trinity of "Megafactions"

that being
Muslims
Western Christians (Catholic)
and Eastern Christian (Orthodox)

with Pagans being the fourth wildcard

Also in the 5th century map there were practically no cities

what are we even going to roleplay? some barbarian camp in the woods with the king squatting in a ruin?

>check how many players are online
>one

ah yes

It begins on Saturday

then there's time to choose a proper date
one that isn't a load of bullshit

actually starts tomorrow

>nations/towns in a time period when there were no proper nations or towns almost everywhere in Europe

there isn't enough cultural diversity for this to be all that great

not to mention the entire area outside of the former Roman borders + the Near East is just emptiness full of tribes we know absolutely nothing about

Who /Saxon/ here?

since most of these nations are rubbish might as well

either Saxon or Roman Egypt for me

Ic

me my dude

Who wants in Burgundy?

strawpoll.me/10077718

why not both?
but colonizing Britain would me more fun with people there already

youtube.com/watch?v=c3ZvjTHpb1A

Mainland Saxons as a faction is confirmed.