Why was life like in Nazi occupied western Europe?

Why was life like in Nazi occupied western Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Italy#Jews_during_the_Fascist_era
imgur.com/a/PSmeN
youtube.com/watch?v=4AFhwwgL-94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kawaii as fuck

>tfw no Mere Europe to protect you

I never knew Nazism could be so cute

>Be my Dutchlandic grandmother at 13
>Be out with my great-grandmother just as curfew falls
>Deutsch soldier approaches you, pulls out knife
>Proceeds to [spoiler] pull out sausage and cut a piece to hand to you [/spoiler]
Also tulip-bulb eating, as besides that particular sausage the Germans ate everything.

>no Mere Europe
It's Our Mother Europe

Better than commie occupied east europe

no

They weren't such pricks with northern and western Europeans, as long as the were not communist, gay, etc.

In Denmark the passed that law that forced the Jews to wear the yellow bracelet. The first day they had to Danish Christians putted a yellow bracelet on themselves, so the law didn't worked although nobody was breaking it.
What did the Nazis did? Nothing. They retired the law.

Can't give any impressions for every country but I know from my Grandmother and grandfather that the German soldiers were incredibly disciplined and polite.

They always offers to help with any work there might be. Brought sweets and the rooms where they slept were impeccably cleaned and always in order.
I'm from Bulgaria which was an ally btw.

>The first day they had to Danish Christians putted a yellow bracelet on themselves, so the law didn't worked although nobody was breaking it.
>What did the Nazis did? Nothing. They retired the law.
Could you try again?

This

Nazis actually feared their citizens and tried to avoid conflicts with them. Like the alliies they tried to appease them so that they could stay at power withouth major trouble.
Which actually means that the German public can be accused of "not doing enough"

>They always offers to help with any work there might be.
Germans cannot resist that sweet work.

>They also hoped to score propaganda points by making Denmark, in Hitler's words, "a model protectorate."[11] It would show to the world what a future Nazi-controlled Europe could be.

>During the early years of the occupation, Danish officials repeatedly insisted to the German occupation authorities that there was no "Jewish problem" in Denmark. The Germans recognized that discussion of the "Jewish question" in Denmark was a possibly explosive issue, which had the potential to destroy the "model" relationship between Denmark and Germany and, in turn, cause negative political and economic consequences for Germany. In addition, the German Reich relied substantially upon Danish agriculture, which supplied meat and butter to 3.6 million Germans in 1942.[4]

If you weren't Jewish and didn't get uppity you were alright generally. However, there was a chance you were forced to work in Germany. Also, the food situation worsened, reaching famine conditions in some areas (Netherlands at the end of the war). If you're a woman better don't fuck a German soldier otherwise your compatriots will cut off your hair when the occupation ends.

Not Western Europe, but my Romanian friend says everyone agrees the Nazis were less harsh than the Soviets (not saying much), UNLESS you were Jewish. All the Jews from his village were just carted off never to return, but nobody knew what happened until after the war.

I don't know about western europe but I can tell you how it was for my grandmother in Yugoslavia

That is bullshit my friend. Romanians were German allies and did with their jews whatever they want. Germans didnt care. Basically all the jews from allied countries as Italy Hungary Romania Vichy etc were safe. If they were caputured and transfered to nazis, it was always sole decision of particular governament. Of course that changed when Germans were forced to occupy Hungary and Italy etc...

I dunno if Greece qualifies as western Europe but anyways.
Because Greece resisted so hard against the Italians and the Germans, shit was pretty fucked during occupation as revenge, mostly because of the hunger, but the officers were pretty strict too.
As far as i know from my grandparents, the Italians were okay-ish, but the Germans caused more trouble, beatings and such (great granpa was beaten when they asked everyone at their village to hand over weapons and he hid an old family pistol)
My grandparents were at the countryside where food wasnt a problem but in the cities many people died of famine on the streets.

Was she hot Ustashe gurl?

she was a little girl, and her parents weren't part of the partisans or the fascists, So she mostly fled from one ruin to the other.

Living in a nazi fantasy world?

Read Richard J. Evans "The Third Reich in Power"
Also Mark Mazower "Hitler's Empire"
And Michael Burleigh "The Third Reich: a new history"

It was a nightmare of secret police, informants, pushy arrogant soldiers, collaborators, summary executions, torture and arbitrary imprisonment.

That was if you weren't an official enemy of the state.
Then, it was much worse.

Death to Nazis.

Norway:
My great-grandmother 17 at the time:
>saw a group of them (grey and blue uniforms) walk by on the road one time
>pay GGM's father a good price for rabbits he sold them, one time an officer desperately said "nix mehr pus" because he had sold the Germans a few cats instead of rabbits
>lady from neighbour-house was hired to work as a translator because she could speak German
>the only fighting they saw was the Germans firing (flak) "black clouds in the sky" against British planes

Grandfathers sister:
>Wehrmacht pioneer squad interned in their basement
>kids goes all berserk at them for "bonbons"
>Some Italian guy made funny faces and made the kids lmao
>Huge horses brought by the Germans for work

Some neighbour aged 12 at the invasion:
>standing on some rocks by the sea seeing several German destroyers appear and pass by in the fog with a "hellish speed"
>later hear a "massive thundering rumble" (probably the magazines of one of the norwegian dreadnoughts detonating as its hit by a German torpedo from one of their destroyers)

>In Denmark the passed that law that forced the Jews to wear the yellow bracelet. The first day they had to Danish Christians putted a yellow bracelet on themselves, so the law didn't worked although nobody was breaking it.

This is a myth.

I bet your father is a russian rapebaby.

The pinnacle of human quality of life. The aftermath has been a decline.

Your grandfather (maybe your great-grandfather, you seem a bit edgy) was a humble man. He went to school and worked a part time job. He didn't know about geopolitics. He didn't care about the Sudetenland, but he believed that it was wrong to kill innocents.

So when his nation was attacked and dragged into the century's madness, he quit his job, he left his girl to be fucked by jody, and he left his mother crying and got on a bus to the other side of a continent, where he was beaten and drilled and dieted until he was ready to kill. He'd never shot a man before but inside of 3 months he was on a beach doing just that. He watched his friends old and new die in common, utterly understandable, and completely brutal ways. He lived through the sort of Hell that only man can make. He may have seen the extermination camps, but most of those were on the eastern front - left for the Stalinists to take over.

Your flesh and blood went through hell. He spent the rest of his life having nightmares of ruined cities and German bayonets. He could never bring himself to confess he where he learned the phrase, "food prostitution," nor how often he paid so little. After all, most casualties were caused by starvation. He carried the shame and the regret and the nightmares with him his whole life.

But he never regretted it. He accepted the butcher's bill because he knew Nazism -blind hate, genocide, fascism- he knew these things would cover the world and destroy all good. He could smile whenever he saw his children growing up safe and free, with minds and morals unclouded by hate, with bellies fat with prosperity.

And here you are. And here you are, with a mind so atrophied you can't form a coherent thought, but you bitterly ape a dead man's hate to make yourself feel better about how your aspirations go another year, uncompleted and your dreams grow dimmer. Grandpa paid a dear price for the life you wasted.

10/10, I'd let her execute me.

I'm not German, I'm just red pilled.

Fuck off back to /pol/

>allied countries as Italy Hungary Romania Vichy

You're a funny boy.

Carl the cuck, no one is interested in your cuck grandfather.

>Basically all the jews from allied countries as Italy Hungary Romania Vichy etc were safe.

The fuck they were.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Italy#Jews_during_the_Fascist_era

>The deportations of Italian Jews to Nazi death camps began after September 1943, when Italy capitulated to the Allies and, in response, the German troops invaded Italy from the North.
>n November 1943, the Jews of Genoa and Florence were deported to Auschwitz. Jews of Friuli were deported to Auschwitz via Risiera di San Sabba concentration camp. It is estimated that 7,500 Italian Jews became victims of the Holocaust.

>you can only show goy-approved images!

No.

you are a retard
>what is podolsk-kamenyec 1941

imgur.com/a/PSmeN
then refute these faggot

My grandfather told me the soldiers were just normal conscripted guys who occasionally handed out food to kids. They operated some sort of radar dish near his village but no one had a clue what the hell it was (1940s remember). Someone did cut the power cable at one point but they just fixed it without anything really happening. My grandfather told me it was pretty amazing to see English and American bombers flying over, like a fucking thousand at a time blotting out the sky and taking an hour or two to fly over his village. On their way back they would always be chased by German fighters and he could watch the whole spectacle from his backyard.

>this collection of random images disproves holocaust
man you stormfags really are the worst

It was actually pretty OK as long as you weren't a jew, gay, commie or into some resistance group.
As long as you kept your head down, you'd be fine.

>be nazi
>be firm = you're Satan
>be nice = you're afraid of the people

Yet Americans seem to constantly scour British tabloids looking for criticism of 'murrica to cry about...

I can't believe whoever put that together failed to include this in the first page:

>"Today, I will once more be a prophet. If the international finance-Jewry inside and outside Europe should succeed in plunging the nations of the world into a world war yet again, then the result will not be the bolzhevization of the earth, and thus the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe."
Part of Hitler's speech in front of the Reichstag on Jan 30th 1939

youtube.com/watch?v=4AFhwwgL-94

He DID say that changed if Nazis had to occupy said countries.

because hitler.

And then your grandfather happily smiled when he watched his daughter get fucked by Jamal and his countrymen get fucked by his own government. Seriously where does this reddit tier post come from?

>It was a nightmare of secret police, informants, pushy arrogant soldiers, collaborators, summary executions, torture and arbitrary imprisonment.

Wew lad, why are you describing literally every single government in history?

>that bush
beautiful

Do you genuinely think anyone on this board reads tabloids, foreign or local?