Defend this, Britbongs

Defend this, Britbongs.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Jenkins'_Ear
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Petropavlovsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Terrible leadership and logistical struggles.

Eternal yank attacking after the end of the war

It's easier to defend than it is to attack across an entire ocean

Defend this, Britbongs.

>ragtag group of civilians, women, children, militia, and pirates vs over double the amount of professional troops from the greatest army in the world at the time
No excuses.

Defend this, Britbongs..

Defend this, Britbongs.

>War of Jenkin's Ear

Defend this, Britbongs..

So partisan and guerrilla forces don't have history as effective agaisnt larger, better equipped forces?

>John Coffee
he was a speedy fellow

There was no guerrilla warfare at New Orleans.

>from the greatest army in the world at the time

What are you smoking
The greatest army in the world during the Napoleonic Wars was the French army, followed by the Russian, Prussian and Austrian ones
Britain had the greatest navy in the world, but their army was utter shit and suffered great humliation through the Napoleonic Wars

Fucking Americans man...

In regular pitched combat? Absolutely not.

>1815
I think the French suffered a set back that year.

>Being this historically inaccurate on a history board

Well, after Napoleon's fall, the best armies were the Russian and Prussian ones

>Russian propaganda

TRYING TOO HARD.

Please, explain me how the British army was superior during the Napoleonic Wars despite the fact they struggled for 6 years against a secondary branch of the French army on an irrelevant theater while the real war between the world's greatest armies was being fought in Central and Eastern Europe

Deal with it butthurt britbong (no plural for your samefaggottery)

>Britbong damage control

Take this shit to

I'm not going to claim that the bongs were better than the Napoleonic French, or even the Prussians, but there's no evidence to claim the Austrians were any better and the Russians sure as hell weren't.

But this board was created so /int/ would be free of historical discussions

>take history out of Veeky Forums

The Russians fought their way from Moscow to Paris against the main French army in two years
The British fought their way from Portugal to the Franco-Spanish border against a second rate French army in 6 years

Nuff saif

More failures of perfidious Albions please

Ragtag militia? Is this not the war of 1812? The US was an established nation by this time.

>>War of Jenkin's Ear

Some smuggler named Jenkins got his ear chopped of by a spanish coastguard.

Jenkins goes to the parliament with his ear and the absolute madmens actually declares the war

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Jenkins'_Ear

Wonder how that war ended...

The US did disband the continental army in favor of a very tiny standing army attached by state militias.

Since standing armies were the tools of tyrants apparently.

And not a single Frenchman in Russia died from attrition, right? Oh wait, no, almost all of them died from attrition.

>Jean Lafitte
>american flag

Defend this, Spics

My mistake then. Good on ya, Yanks.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Petropavlovsk

Explain this, Bongs and Frogs.

Beating an enemy you outnumber 4 to 1 in a decade, such an achievement!!

Actually it was 9 years.

Still nothing on the first armada, Juan

All these embarrassing losses yet the UK still won history

UK was the pre-eminent economic power. What the US and UK really show is that being good at warfare and being powerful aren't really connected.

I'm American, so don't get all buttflustered at me for saying Americans are OK at waging wars and then point to tactical victories over some Vietnamese guerillas.

Losing battles is fine as long as you win the war.

Britain reminds me off a Dragon Ball Z character. They start out getting their arse whooped but win in the end somehow, usually due to outside influence or natural luck.

More like they stay away from the real fight and wait until their friends beat the enemy to claim the glory

Reminder English is just bastard French.

>he thinks that the US army in the war of 1812 was made up of civilians (???), women, children and pirates
>he probably thinks that about the American Revolution too

But this is what America did with France to Britain