History related cringe

What are the worst most inaccurate things you have heard someone say about history that wasn't a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've heard this one yesterday.

"Americans attacked japs with incest gas during ww2 so jap soldiers started having sex with each other and did lost the war"

And this happened in a class in a law school.

"The Holy roman Empire is neither Holy Roman or an Empire"

Mate I think this guy was fucking with everyone

No he was totally serious.

>le-ghazali caused the end of Muslims doing science XD
Neil Degrasse Tyson should not be allowed to talk about anything other than pop science.

You sure he wasn't just being ironic?

You have no idea about amount of historical revisionism in muslim countries.

Thrusting/Stabbing was not used to kill a man in plate armour. The proof is modern Battle of the Nations fighters not thrusting to win a fight.

Said right here at few months ago.

Heard this gem in Native American History class from a group presentation:
The colonial elites brainwashed the commoners to hate the Indians.

Even my border line Marxist teacher had to face palm that.

would explain a lot actually

Marx's prediction that nationalism would have fizzled out by the end of the 20th century and all national differences would be erased.

>If Hitler hadn't made [MISTAKE X] Germany would have won the war!

Double points for when the suggested alternative is impossible or idiotic.

Be on trip to Society for Military History convention in Tenn.
Stop for cigarettes at a gas station in Nashville. To get cigs have to give my birth date (12/10).
Kid behind the counter -- college age -- clearly trying to impress his girl co-worker, says, "Wasn't that the day the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor?"
After some soul searching (I didn't want to make him feel bad) I corrected him. The girl says, "At least he got the year right."

which country?

What autist would think knowing such a trivial fact would impress anyone?

Turkey. That guy was a Kurd but it doesn't matter a Kurd or a Turk when it comes to historical revisionism.

>what was ww1 about?
>idk, it involved napoleon though so it must've been a 150 years ago.

That reminds me a bit of the American evangelist myths about WWII, like the "Japanese emperor made a secret ceremony to the Devil, that's why Japan was cursed."

The poster you're replying to explained that he is a member of a organization made up of autists interested in trivial facts

You do realize America weaponized faggotry right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

>Wright Laboratory won the 2007 Ig Nobel Peace Prize for "instigating research & development on a chemical weapon—the so-called 'gay bomb' / 'poof bomb' — that will make enemy soldiers become sexually irresistible to each other."[12]
>won the Nobel Peace Prize

Ig Nobel prize. It's satirical

"Asians, whites and australians stole black culture and history and left Africans with nothing." -Student in my freshman english class at a UC

Partly true, Africa has been shat on for centuries by whites and arabs

>and australians
What, like aboriginals? If not, having said white makes that redundant.

Should've turned to the camera and asked "what did she mean by this?"

Africa has been shat on by Africans mostly