Was the Ayyubid Caliphate an example of multiculturalism working?

Was the Ayyubid Caliphate an example of multiculturalism working?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Arabs treating all non Arabs like shit

One culture ruling over other cultures is not multiculturalism

Multiculturalism is a modern ideology and has nothing to do with medieval Islamic politics or society.

What, by increasing their taxes? Nothing compared to what the Catholic crusaders that Saladin was protecting them from would have done to them.

But Muslims, Jews and Eastern Christians living side by side is. Not much conflict between them though, because they were all concerned with the real enemy, the crusaders.

It was better for Muslims in the crusader states than in Muslim states

For the peasants.

/thread

They didn't live in the same place. And they were still all ruled by Muslims and Arab culture.

Multiculturalism is a modern concept of quite vague definition, so I would say no, no it wasn't

Its the only kind of "multiculturalism" that can work though

The Ayyubid Sultanate was not a caliphate. And no, the various pre-11th century medieval Muslim caliphates were more like America in the 19th and 20th centuries

>God Bless the Caliphate
>The rest of the world lives in tyranny
>All races and religions are welcome, but of course will adopt superior Arab-Islamic culture because everyone will integrate into economic and social prosperity of the Caliphate
>Well off non-Arab, non-Muslim minorities can get ahead in life and do really well for themselves, but will usually be self-made entrepreneurs or government employees
>If you're not with us, then we need to free the shit out of you so we can fight you over there, rather than have you come fight us here

Saladin was more like Donald Trump in that his goal was not multiculturalism of yesteryear but to "Make Islam Great Again."

Implying Arabs had it have culture

What about Ummayad caliphate I thought.they were nice

>comparing Saladin with Donald Trump
Now I've truly seen everything.

You mean, increasing their taxes?

Yeah, Trump's big thing is isolationism.

Saladin was in every way a fanatic. Islamic Law may have occasionally seemed more tolerant, but he was by no means open minded.

>american education

>Arab mudslimes destroying and assimilating cultures
Thats not multiculturalism

As far as I know, they didn't really care about religion, both the Christians and the Muslims. Moors were loyal to christian kings. The Spanish Inquisition is overplayed

t. Muslim with a fetish for medieval Europe

>Arab mudslimes destroying and replacing cultures
Sounds like regular multiculturalism too me

t. faggot education
Muslim peasants were more well off in the Crusader States

Weirdly I have a fetish for the Islamic Medieval period when I'm pretty impartial when it comes to Islam on /pol/. I think it's the intrigue of how Turks and Arabs were originally nomads who ended up carving out big empires and defeating many big powers.

There were no peasants in muslim states.

There are also no gays in Iran.

Perhaps, they're not faggot Americans after all. But there literally were no peasants in muslim states.

>People itt calling the Kurdish Ayyubid arab

>But there literally were no peasants in muslim states.

Say it again senpai.

There literally were no peasants in muslim states. There were no farms.

>there were no farms

>greentexting

>There were no farms.

Keep fucking going. This is giving me stitches.

You do realize that all food was exclusively produced by their Byzantine vassals who supplied them with food as a form of tribute? You can't grow shit in the desert.

>there were no farms

>The entire middle east, including Persia, Egypt and most of north africa was desert and had no agricultural potential

The fertile crescent for instance is well known for being a barren hellscape and the Abbasids were notorius hunter gatherers.

except ya know in the fertile crescent and the Nile river areas which is where most people undoubtedly lived because you could actually fucking farm there

>there were no farms
So they literally created Eden on Earth?

The nile river delta literally fed all of Constantinople for free before the Muslims took it

>You do realize that all food was exclusively produced by their Byzantine vassals who supplied them with food as a form of tribute

So what you're saying is that there were farmers (peasants) in muslim states.

>There were no farms

>There were no farms.
nigga farming was invented in the fertile crescent for a fucking reason

For the idiots who cannot possibly believe that Muslims were treated well in the crusader states, the reason is because the leadership was desperately afraid of mass Muslim revolts so treated them well to prevent this. It's not a hard thing to believe.

>Allah handed down bread down to them every dingle day

But breh, why would they bother keeping the muslims alive if the muslims didn't even farm or anything? Its not like they contributing to the economy.

>led by a kurd

Look guys, an actual retard.

be honest, you didn't think this over correctly.

Even the most multicultural society in history had a dominant culture, see Austria-Hungary.

Simbly epic

ebin

This is the greatest thing I've read on Veeky Forums.

fuck off back to r/history

For idiots who still believe Muslims were a majority in the crusade states to form a problem, it was the Crusades that ended the Christian dominance in the levant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine

Yes, the kuffar must pay the Jiyza and accept Islamic law. This is multiculturalism in action Insh'Allah.

>Ayyubid Caliphate was a thing

Bohemund/10

It is a valid comparison, indeed.

>Muslim peasants were more well off in the Crusader States

Of course, for work on the land of a stinky barbarian (that was yours before him and his hosts arrive) paying more than 70% of your work it is better to have your own property and work for yourself and your family.

Or, working for third parties, have a firmed contract for results quotas, rather than servitude.

Please. It was better to be a peasant in the Islamic World than to be a free man in a European fief.