Seriously, what the fuck was this guys problem?

Seriously, what the fuck was this guys problem?

He was Puritan.

bad bitches

He was the beta uprising
>No dancing (normie activity)
>No drinking (normie activity)
>Modest life of faith (anti-normie)

He actually believed in religion.

He basically wanted to turn England into a Caliphate ruled by Shia law, except Christian.

Fuck I meant Sharia

REMOVE PADDY

No fun allowed.

>Seriously, what the fuck was this guys problem?

A curse upon you Oliver Cromwell
You who raped our Motherland
I hope you're rotting down in hell
For the horrors that you sent
To our misfortunate forefathers
Whom you robbed of their birthright
"To hell or Connaught" may you burn in hell tonight

The Irish

And in that regard he was entirely justified

>JUST DO IT

He was a failure at life who kept getting kicked out of town.

Too much lust for kike dick.

This.

I don't agree with his religious views but he was great military leader.

Britain needs someone who had the same courage as him.

Was he the corn guy?

Super saiyan desu

please actually read a book. One of Cromwell's deepest seated beliefs the religious tolerance (except against irish catholics kek)

was religious tolerance*

>what is jizya
You do realize a caliphate can have "religious tolerance" while fully implementing Sharia law, don't you?

>religious tolerance
>Except these guys lol fuck them

How is this any different from Muslims deciding Christians and Jews are okay but polytheists deserve death?

I was being half serious. One of the reasons for the English Civil War in the first place was the fear that Charles I was a crypto-Catholic (see Laudianism) and it appeared that he was going raise a standing army (read: a permanent professional army that was solely loyal to the king because he would be paying them out of pocket) in Ireland to crush the English gentry. Seen in this light, it's no surprise that Cromwell led an expedition to Ireland after having killed the king because it was seen as a hotbed royalism which, considering suspicions about Charles' faith, was linked in the minds of Englishmen with Catholicism and absolutism. On the other hand, as far as I know English Catholics weren't targeted during the Commonwealth

I'm not talking about the Caliphate, I was only criticizing your idea that Cromwell wanted to establish the equivalent of sharia law, which is plain false

You do realize non-believers can be subject to Sharia law in an Islamic theocracy right?

"Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland" is a pretty neato title though

Yes...I know about the "people of the book" and the tax they had to pay. But again, were talking about Cromwellian England, where no Catholic or dissenter had to pay a religious tax

Jizya is not Sharia. It shows you can have Sharia law without everyone being a Muslim.

Are all proddies this dumb?