Was Frederick gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2002/07/06/books/is-there-a-gay-basis-to-nietzsche-s-ideas.html?pagewanted=all
nationalinterest.org/feature/the-fritz-rethinking-frederick-the-great-15978
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic related

>"Fortune has it in for me; she is a woman, and I am not that way inclined."
straightest thing ever said

Yes. The natural life cycle for historical figures is thus:

> birth > childhood > adolescence > young adulthood > middle age > old age > death > homosexuality > blackness

At the very least he was bisexual and used to fornicate with his soldiers. I remember an anecdote about how he used to wave his handkerchief at one of his generals that he fancied, who would later come to his room and give him buttsex.

Most probably, considering his relationships whit that officer his father made him watch the execution of.

So he was bi. explains a lot.

many thanks
OP

Was Nietzsche gay?

nytimes.com/2002/07/06/books/is-there-a-gay-basis-to-nietzsche-s-ideas.html?pagewanted=all

No, just because he likes to suck some dick and take it in the ass doesn't mean he's gay r-right guys?

I don't speak German

Ich auch nicht.

ok then why are you writing in German
(google translate)

я пpитвopяюcь

>я пpитвopяюcь
yer nah that's just a bunch of letters

His father was
>"The most beautiful girl or woman in the world would be a matter of indifference to me, but tall soldiers — they are my weakness"

top kek

>be Frederick II von Hohenzollern
>dad wants you to be king
>fuck you dad, I want to run away so I can keep studying art and music and hanging out with my really, really close friend
>dad stops you, kills your friend and makes you watch
>fine, i'll be king
>do a decent job of reorganizing the army, build yourself a pretty palace
>get your ass kicked by Russia and Austria in 1759
>they don't follow up and crush you for some reason
>get your ass kicked more in 1761
>the Empress of Russia dies, and apparently her nephew is a fan of yours
>he stops the war and signs a peace treaty instead of crushing you
>"All hail Frederick the Great"
>beg russian Tsarina to partition Poland
>pls pls pls Catherine pls
>Fine Fredrich, you will get some land from polacks
>he unites his shitty backwater country because of Russian kindness
>"All hail Frederick the Great"

then why did hitler want to be like him?

Hitler isn't someone to compare anyone to.
He was a complete retard.

I didn't, I said why did hitler want to be like him

Symbolic honestly.

Fredrick build something that united Germans later. Doesn't matter how patethic his doings were, he sitll did it.

ok

I read that Frederick pushed for Paul to be Tsar of Russia precisely because he saw him in a favorable light, could this be?

Maybe, it was common in that time. It's common now.

>This Polish butthurt
Napoleon was also a Frederick admirer btw. He made a backwards shithole into a big boy in Europe.

I'd imagine he was "gay" if he had any sort of sexual desire or preference but he strikes me as far more asexual. Guy cared about his military, intellectual pursuits and running his kingdom more than he cared about romantic relationships.

Proofs?

Absolutely.

He's the most obvious closeted homo I've ever seen.

Nietzsche was straight, he was just autistic.

Napoleon went to see his grave and said that they wouldnt be in Prussia if he was still alive

Historian here.
This had a long, complicated explanation by the foremost biographer of Friederich (excerpted in Iron Kingdom) that this could be equated to "locker room talk", and there had been rumblings that the officer in question was weak to blood, others would coax them, acting like they were homosexuals to imply the fear of blood is enough to make one gay. Seems like taking the simplest context is needed to give the simplest answer.
Hating women doesn't make you gay, it makes you smart, and probably unstable and asocial. Nietzsche was both.
He loved things that kill. I love the silhouette of the Tiger II more than my wife. On some level, she probably knows that.
They don't stomp him because it would be at best a Pyrrhic victory. By the 7 years war, it was established in pattern by a series of heroic victories, followed by brilliant but pointless draws, then a costly defeat. The coupling of never wanting to engage any force headed by Frederich and the new power position of Prussia having great effect on the machinations of Britain and Russia kept him in the fight and above water.
He probably said something off the hook egotistic the night before and had to show some humble nature to someone present. Due respect though. He would have at least set back Napoleon and there would have only been 3 or 4 coalitions instead of 12 or whatever.

Came here to post this.

According to this book review his homosexuality = misogyny. Why would a gay man hate women? Misogynists are disgruntled straight men I thought.

nationalinterest.org/feature/the-fritz-rethinking-frederick-the-great-15978

>This had a long, complicated explanation by the foremost biographer of Friederich (excerpted in Iron Kingdom) that this could be equated to "locker room talk", and there had been rumblings that the officer in question was weak to blood, others would coax them, acting like they were homosexuals to imply the fear of blood is enough to make one gay. Seems like taking the simplest context is needed to give the simplest answer.
Interesting.

>He probably said something off the hook egotistic the night before and had to show some humble nature to someone present. Due respect though. He would have at least set back Napoleon and there would have only been 3 or 4 coalitions instead of 12 or whatever.
There were only seven no? Too lazy to google but it sounds right.

>He probably said something off the hook egotistic the night before and had to show some humble nature to someone present. Due respect though. He would have at least set back Napoleon and there would have only been 3 or 4 coalitions instead of 12 or whatever.
Napoleon had wooden (I think) statues of Frederick and read up on his work a lot. He seems to have genuinely respected and admired him so I don't find it hard to believe that Napoleon, egocentric as he was, might actually feel a moment of awe in seeing the tomb of one of his heroes.

>totally ignores how he took the relatively massive province of Silesia from Habsburgs in 1740

I have to say that sending his wife away, only seeing her once a year on Christmas, and not fathering any kids with her which causes his idiot nephew to take the throne does make you wonder.

Voltaire tore open his boipucci.

Honestly to me it all points more to someone who's asexual more than anything else. The guy really just did not seem to care one bit about sexual matters.

>boy
>pussy
>

>still believing French lies.

aide-de-camps and one other general officer is my recollection
He did and the remark was at least mostly genuine. It is silly to think, though, that Friederich, the man who was one (perhaps first) of many innovative general officers of the 1740's-60s could have changed Prussia's fate against Napoleon, the single figure of the 1790's-1800's at the head of probably the only mostly competent series of general officers at the time.
Best behaved and richest besides Austria proper.
Likely the other way around in a very unlikely occurrence.
It has some credence but less than that he was simply not a sexual creature. Its mostly our modern affliction of finding out that moralists have hidden certain things and that means gays are more prevalent and brilliant than they actually are. They have given "homosexuals" the computer when most (99%) of the string of inventions and innovations which lead to anything resembling a display of virtualized information are due to the hetero white devil.

best bio on this lad? also any very good books on Prussia at all?

Iron Kingdom is Prussia top-bottom.
History of Freiderich II, Called the Great for him.

Gay man here, confirming we hate women to the point of not even considering them human.

Thank you for replying user.

any single volume for fred?

And there's nothing wrong with that.
I do try and balance out the WE WUZ here.
Solid meme though.
College digests you can get for a Hamilton exist in at least a half dozen, but are hard to find because they're not about black women or any other SJW combo pack.
The first hit on google is 688 pages, cannot confirm quality. Frederick the Great and the Seven Years War is cursory but I would consider it more good than bad for the man himself.

Oh, I thought you meant people present for some reason.
There were seven and an Eighth promised in treaty form for the event of his second resurgence. That's how afraid of his personal power they were.

He made Prussia highway to Moscow. He slapped them left and right.

>Came here to post this.
fuck off back to r***** you turbo faggot.