Most badass photos of history

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhmXleZXAr0
lookandlearn.com/history-images/M166146/The-charge-of-the-Iron-Brigade-wreckage-of-five-Belgian-locomotives-sent-uncontrolled-at-full?img=1565&search=World War I&bool=phrase
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this

the red army was more Veeky Forums than the wehrmacht desu

DELETE THIS

how do you even run around with so many explosives clanking against each other

You don't, its just for the photo.

We were three: me, Igor and Dmitrij and in front of us germans and a tank. Ivan threw a granade and we were three: me germans and a tank.

the undisputed

>yuo see ivan
>when carring too much bomb
>enemy will not shooting you
>because fear of exploding all battlefield and not win

there goes that
>soviets had one rifle for 5 soldiers
meme lmao

Fairly sure that is Nikolai Yezhov, head of the NKVD; not a naval commissar.

The kings and emperors of Europe prior to World war 1. Notice how they are pretty much carbon copies of each other except for Albert 1.

Incest is a hell of drug

Yezhov was made a Commissar of River Transport shortly before his own arrest. It was a deliberate plot to detach him from the day-to-day management of the NKVD.

Fucking commies
Still a good pic though.

Eery stuff

>1. Notice how they are pretty much carbon copies of each other except for Albert 1.

Nigger what?
You could take any 10 Black people and put them together and they will all look the same same with Asians and they would look more alike these guys.

Can't see the extreme resemblence either...

>tfw these lineages are banished to the trashcan of history
>tfw no hereditary monarchies any more

One of them is Tsar Nicholas II, the other is king George V

Can you honestly tell the difference?

>tfw no hereditary monarchies any more

that's fine with me 2bh

Well Filip I of Belgium is a direct descendant of Albert I so not all is lost

George V had a wider face.

Are any of those medals for their own achievements?

I love how the guy helping him has two watches

He doesn't have a rifle in that photo though.
The meme is safe.

>hiding their weak jawlines under beards

Most of them look like alternate reality versions of HP Lovecraft.

good.

if it was pre-war, no, they are just given because monarchs are all in various orders

Albert 1 is the only one who would be able to seriously claim one for valour or putting himself at risk though. He spend mass with the troops near the Yzer and an artillery shell barely missed impacting the roof and doing serious damage

Kuwait 1991

All fucking nobles must fucking hang

Albert 1 was a fucking badass

A goldmine of badass images.
youtube.com/watch?v=hhmXleZXAr0

train warfare is so cool
Belgium gets invaded
Belgians send 5 locomotives stuffed with rubble eastwards, Germans first shocked when the first one impacted, then preparing and launching counter crashlocomotives.
this is probably the first instance of train ramming warfare i can think off.

Source re Train warfare?

What is that, a 42" cannon?

I want sauce on that train warfare too

fuckin this
/thread

In the first volume of Der Weltkrieg (1925), the German official historians wrote that the Battle of Liège had ended just in time for the German armies to begin their march up the Meuse valley. The Aix-la-Chapelle–Liège railway line was operational by 15 August, although repairs had been necessary at the Nasproue tunnel and the line at Verviers, where 17 locomotives had been crashed together. The efforts of the 14th Brigade, Emmich and Ludendorff were commended and the value of the super-heavy artillery was noted.[33]

This is the only english excerpt i was able to find after an hour of searching, but i know the bit of trivia since i saw a belgian domestic documentaire about the first days of the invasion and what happened, and it was presented by a historian and i've seen a picture of one of the wreckages before

OMG and as i type wreckage, there you go, i'm always so glad when i can back up what i say with a source, it's such a steady habit. lookandlearn.com/history-images/M166146/The-charge-of-the-Iron-Brigade-wreckage-of-five-Belgian-locomotives-sent-uncontrolled-at-full?img=1565&search=World War I&bool=phrase

Bastards

>2/3 people blinked
>Photographer is about to get shot
What a horrible moment to take a photo.

I wonder who would win if they got into a sword fight.

how is this bad ass?

Context: Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, a Baltic German nobleman, was a White general during the Russian Civil War. He was a Buddhist and he believed he was the reincarnated Kenghkis Khan, his main goal being the revival of the Mongol Empire.

George V had reptilian eyes.

Nine Monarch gather at Windsor for the funeral of Edward VII

Showing humanity is badass

yes
t. Veeky Forumsggot

USS Massachusetts (BB-2)

They scuttled her off the coast of Florida. I hope someone saved that figurehead, though.

That belongs in a museum.

This is depressing

Not even a naziboo, but totalitarian imagery like this has a gloomy charme that I find compelling

Kill the bourgeois scum

As if they could have known they were driving an animal to extinction. You think bison hunters consciously thought "Haha hell yeah I love to drive this animal to extinction for my own personal gain"?

Bison aren't extinct.

Also, natives had been hunting and harvesting them for eons. They didn't domesticate or farm them as 'Eurasians' did (hard without the horse), but they did learn to control their populations. Sort of like Spanish letting pigs go on islands or coasts just in case. But until the horse was re-introduced into North America, bison hunting on the open plains was relatively small scale.

Anyway, there are some good theories that native groups were so thinned out (largely by disease) many decades before whites even showed up. Yes the survivors would bounce back, until whitey DID show up. But all these small collapses everywhere also created power vacuums and a great shuffling of the board.

When it comes to the plains, fewer natives = fewer hunters. Sustainability models show that the massive herds seen were almost certainly an anomaly caused by the decline in their primary predator (humans) AND because natives modified the environment in such a way to ensure plenty of bison. Then the natives were mostly removed the equation and bam, bison everywhere.

A wonderful explanation, desu, but it will be lost because of 'muh feelings'

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Otto Skorzeny (Big guy in the field cap) and Adrian von Folkersam (smaller guy i the peaked cap and magazine belts) taking a tour of Budapest after pacifying the entire rioting city with 5 Tiger II's and 100 men, and saving the city from a fate as bad as Warsaw ( The Waffen-SS unit that was to be deployed had already brought in one of those 800mm Karl-Gerät guns out of pure fucking meanness.)

Holy shit I am reading this guy's wikipedia page and jesus christ is he fucking awesome.

>Ungern's troops crossed the northern border of Outer Mongolia on October 1, 1920 and moved south-westwards.[51] Ever since the 17th century, there had been prophecies circulating around Mongolia that a messianic figure known as the Shambhala, the "Hidden King" who ruled a vast and fabulous kingdom inside of the earth would take human form as a great warrior who gave no mercy in battle who would ride a white horse and invade Mongolia from the north. The Shambhala would not only expel the much hated Chinese from Mongolia, but also restore the mighty Mongol Empire, which at its height in the 13th century stretched across Eurasia from Hungary to Korea and from the Mediterranean to the Pacific. As Ungern-Sternberg rode a white horse, invaded Mongolia from the north, spoke fluent Mongol, worshiped at Buddhist shrines and spoke of his desire to restore the Mongol empire, the rumors spread all over Mongolia that the Shambhala had at long last arrived to free Mongolia from the Chinese yoke and Mongol princes followed by their bannerman rallied to the baron's army.

Ahahahahaha the absolute MADMAN

600mm. oops.

Nice. Can I save that pic to one of my folders?

It's all yours my friend ;)

>Otto Skorzeny (Big guy in the field cap)
For you.

delet this

What the fuck is that?

MIRV test firing, that's the reentry I think.