CJ Napier on Sati Prohobition in India

>Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs.

Was he in the right?

looks like whitey colonialist wants to patronize some darkies and orientalize them with his biased euro pov

obviously yes

He was pretty based. A violent bully, perhaps, but what kind of Imperial military leader shouldn't be?

>Come here instantly. Come here at once and make your submission, or I will in a week tear you from the midst of your village and hang you

Hard to argue with that.

I like how he doesn't argue about objective morality or universal human rights and stuff, and just enforce his subjective morality on others by force, because fuck them.

>objective morality or universal human rights
>subjective morality

hhaahahaa 11/10 made my day

And he's right. You can discuss about ethics for millenia (and we have) but practical morality has no need for argumentation, only power backing it.

Yes, it's short and rather condensed, but he does offer an interesting perspective there.

That's the way to do it.

>confiscate all their property.
>1800's
Brit pieces of shit. No wonder we revolted.

Did they take your loo?

>That will be 2 grains of rice and one straw hat raji

>Was he in the right?
Yes, he was.

For burning a girl alive? That genteel as fuck for the 19th century norm.

I'm not Indian, I'm American.

Executing a person and leaving his family destitute is fucking medieval tier barbarism even for the Founding Fathers.

Im just the pointing out the irony of Brits replacing barbarism with another form of barbraism.

>Executing a person and leaving his family destitute is fucking medieval tier barbarism even for the Founding Fathers.
You don't know as much about our history as you think.
>Im just the pointing out the irony of Brits replacing barbarism with another form of barbraism.
Yawn.

>we
you are two hundred years old lad?

>Executing a person and leaving his family destitute is fucking medieval tier barbarism even for the Founding Fathers.
then he shouldnt have fucking burned a woman alive you retard

>the Founding Fathers
>Founding Fathers
>Founding fucking Fathers

>implying "universal" human rights are not subjective

Im not shitting on execution. I'm shitting on the fact that the property is confiscated.