Do protestants believe that Jesus is God?

Do protestants believe that Jesus is God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUy-H5MmeGU
pastebin.com/Yj53GrxN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes, they're not Arians

They might as well be.

Here's how I was taught:
Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are the compression, ignition, and exhaust of the same engine. They're not the same, but part of the same whole, vital to its function, and you need to understand all three both separately and as a whole to understand its working.

What I don't quite get is certain people's Obsession for using Jesus even before the coming of him. Jesus created the world, Jesus sent the flood and so on. Is there any certain reason those people use Jesus rather than God?

But this implies limits and requirements to God's functioning, no?

Not him but:

This triune God (or Trinity) began to allude to this aspect of His nature right in Genesis 1:26–27. There we read that “God said, ‘Let us make man in our image’ . . . God created man in His image.” Here God is a plural noun, said is in the third-person singular verb form, and we see both the plural pronoun our and the singular His referring to the same thing (God’s image). This is not horribly confused grammar. Rather, we are being taught, in a limited way, that God is a plurality in unity. We can’t say from this verse that He is a trinity, but God progressively reveals more about Himself in later Scriptures to bring us to that conclusion.

In Isaiah 48:12–16 we find the speaker in the passage describing himself as the Creator and yet saying that “the Lord God and His Spirit have sent Me.” This is further hinting at the doctrine of the trinity, which becomes very clear in the New Testament. There are many other Old Testament Scriptures that hint at the same idea.

In Matthew 28:18–20 Jesus command His disciples to baptize His followers in the name (singular) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John’s Gospel tells us that “the Word” is God who became man in Jesus Christ (John 1:1–3, 14). Jesus was fully man and fully God. Many other verses combine together to teach that God is triune.

As a start on a thorough discussion on this topic, the chart in pic related is an accumulation of many of the passages that show the deity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

They aren't Christian so it doesn't matter.

So we can say that God is all, in that he can place limitations on himself and make himself infinite or nothing. The point of a trinity becomes moot when God has infinite power.

Christians don't know what they believe, some believe that Jesus is God and others don't. They're just fucking retards.
>protip: If Jesus is God then he prayed to himself

Idiot.

>Christians believe that Jesus is God and others don't
>other Christians don't
>Christians

This is the heresy of partialism.

There is literally no other way to state what the trinity is other than "three hypostasis sharing one ousia". If you're too dumb to look up hypostasis and ousia, it's on your head.

Yes. There's a doctrine called the preexistance of Christ that states Jesus has always existed

I've been taught that God is a multi-dimensional being. It is impossible to conceptualize the trinity. Only a being that exists in a multi-dimensional realm can be 3 things at once.

>inb4 defeatism

>TFW Christians often pray solely to Jesus and not the actual fucking god
That'd be like Muslims only praying to Muhashit

Jesus is God you fucking nerd.

God is Jesus just as you are me but in a different timeline

once the universe starts again roles are switched

There's no problem committing what the Catholic Church considers heresy, given what the organization tolerates and covers up, and given that they pray to Mary and the saints. Quibbling over applying metaphors to the Trinity is pretty irrelevant in the face of outright polytheism and mother goddess worship.

Jesus is God
The Father is also God
The Holy Spirit is also God

Yet none of them are the same being.

nobody said jack or shit about the catholic church. This is a trinitarian heresy, which is heresy in all of christendom, not just papism, given that only dumbasses like mormons and jehovah's witlesses deny the trinity.

Are you talking about this shit?

>youtube.com/watch?v=bUy-H5MmeGU

Because that's modalism.

>3 different beings are divine
That is polytheim m8

No, it's one in three.

1+1=3?

No, you silly fucking goose.
It's God, then Jesus who's also God (keynote that Jesus is in fact God), and then the Holy Spirit, which so happens to be God.

The trinity is impossible because God is supposed to be utterly simple, that is, he is supposed to have no constituent parts. You either have to deny the trinity, or to suppose that there are 3 divine parts of 1 entity.

1(Jesus)+1(father)+1(holy spirit)=3(God)

Why are you doing equation shit? This isn't math.

If we want to be autistic and use equations and shit, the correct form would come from programming and not math

class god{
//whatever god's properties are
}

$father = new god;
$son = new god;
$spirit = new god;

This expresses "three hypostases of one ousia" correctly, according to the greek, and doesn't conflict with the athanasian creed.

>don't apply logic
>DUDE METAPHORS LMAO

>new God
God is eternal m8, there is no beginning or end for him

idiot.

I wrote this in PHP pseudocode. "new" in PHP is just a keyword denoting that a given variable is to be treated as an instance of the class named.

>which happens to be God
What is this some kinna elaborate ruse

>writing code which takes God as an object
That is blasphemy m8

how?

this is simply a rewording of "three hypostases of one ousia" in modern language.

Writing memes in different language doesn't make it more acceptable

It's "three persons of one essence" you mongs.

Polytheist scum get out

Protestants are trinitarian, like basically all Christians since Arianism was banned.

Despite all the edgy papists on here, Protestants are generally Christians. There are some exceptions in places like the U.S. with their crazy snake charming evangelists, but most of the legitimate Protestant sects (Lutherans, Methodists, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Reformists, etc.) would be okay by the Council of Nicaea.
>Jesus prayed to himself
According to the Gospels, almost all Jesus's prayers were directed at his father, as in the father part of the trinity.

You didn't even try.

>According to the Gospels, almost all Jesus's prayers were directed at his father
So Jesus, who is God, prayed to the Father, who is God.

Still, given the influence Egyptian religion had on Christianity this isn't that strange. Pharaohs, who were both human and the divine Ra, would pray to their fathers who were also the divine Ra. I think after Amenhotep III there were some who worshipped at statues of themselves as divine when still alive. So it's no wonder Christianity has similar examples of this.

It's also worth observing that Jesus is both fully God and fully man. So, in a sense, a portion of himself was praying to another portion of himself.

t. Ahmed al-Jafar

if the human portion of him can worship the God portion of him he is neither fully human nor fully God

>
>
>

He is both fully human and fully God.

The way I picture it is Elohim is the creator, the one who the universe is made of. Yaweh Elohim, or the Lord God, is that creator manifested as a singular consciousness, and then Jesus is Yaweh Elohim incarnate in the flesh of a man. So, in essence, all three are God, but they are different layers.

Being raised a Protestant I was brought up to believe that he was indeed the son of God. That fact that his mother was a virgin when she conceived him even further verifies His divinity. I was taught to believe that God had sent Jesus Christ.

Is the Mormon view of the Trinity Arian?

>all three beings are separate entities
>only unified by purpose/action

I've never heard anyone specify, but it seems like the term fits.

This. We're also taught Jesus is the Word, which would mean when God used the word, or spoke everything into existence, it was Jesus.

>protip: If Jesus is God then he prayed to himself

Kek

Arthur Blimley, give Arthur Blimley his things.

I'll explain what happened to me.

>2008
>See supernatural things
>Start looking for God and investigating things
>Start with weird eastern religions
>Things go horribly for me
>I am tortured, locked up, hated, miserable, in pain, demonized, receiving no help, shit goes horrible for me
>2010
>move to christianity the "book" way
>Initially things get a bit better but shit starts getting suspicious and I start getting fucked over again
>Oh it is a test (and nobody helped me with the demonization)
>Start reading up and investigating
>See the contradictions
>Try new things, variations, check what I'm doing wrong
>progressively worse the more I seem to be doing things by the book
>suddenly realize the ruse the moment I pray more to God for help in a very fucked up situation (I even wanted to die of cancer and end it all already)
>Notice this
>Put it into practice, my life improves drastically

pastebin.com/Yj53GrxN

Meanwhile since 2008 Spain is going to hell with no return. That's when the crisis started, also the rest of the world isn't going very nicely.
So I'm taking for granted more actual humans are realizing this and wrath is about to come.

You might want to consider taking a writing class because I read everything you just wrote and I have no fucking idea what you were trying to say.

This triune God (or Trinity) began to allude to this aspect of His nature right in Genesis 1:26–27. There we read that “God said, ‘Let us make man in our image’ . . . God created man in His image.” Here God is a plural noun, said is in the third-person singular verb form, and we see both the plural pronoun our and the singular His referring to the same thing (God’s image). This is not horribly confused grammar. Rather, we are being taught, in a limited way, that God is a plurality in unity. We can’t say from this verse that He is a trinity, but God progressively reveals more about Himself in later Scriptures to bring us to that conclusion.

In Isaiah 48:12–16 we find the speaker in the passage describing himself as the Creator and yet saying that “the Lord God and His Spirit have sent Me.” This is further hinting at the doctrine of the trinity, which becomes very clear in the New Testament. There are many other Old Testament Scriptures that hint at the same idea.

In Matthew 28:18–20 Jesus command His disciples to baptize His followers in the name (singular) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John’s Gospel tells us that “the Word” is God who became man in Jesus Christ (John 1:1–3, 14). Jesus was fully man and fully God. Many other verses combine together to teach that God is triune.

As a start on a thorough discussion on this topic, the chart in pic related is an accumulation of many of the passages that show the deity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.