--Toni Morrison's 10 Steps to Fascism--

1. Construct an internal enemy, as both focus and diversion.
2. Isolate and demonize that enemy by unleashing and protecting the utterance of overt and coded name-calling and verbal abuse. Employ ad hominem attacks as legitimate charges against that enemy.
3. Enlist and create sources and distributors of information who are willing to reinforce demonizing process because it is profitable, because it grants power and because it works.
4. Palisade all art forms: monitor, discredit or expel those that challenge or destabilize processes of demonization and deification.
5. Subvert and malign all representatives of and sympathizers with this constructed enemy.
6. Solicit, from among the enemy, collaborators who agree with and can sanitize the dispossession process.
7. Pathologize the enemy in scholarly and popular mediums; recycle, for example, scientific racism and the myths of racial superiority in order to naturalize the pathology.
8. Criminalize the enemy. Then prepare, budget for and rationalize the building of holding arenas for the enemy-especially the males and absolutely its children.
9. Reward mindlessness and apathy with monumentalized entertainments and with little pleasures, tiny seductions: a few minutes on television, a few lines in the press; a little fun, a little style, a little consequence.
10. Maintain, at all costs, silence.

What did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/
anesi.com/fscale.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminds me a lot of Umberto Eco's signs of fascism.

nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

Why?

This is 10 steps to Nazism, not fascism in general. Mussolini's Italy didn't follow this trajectory at all, neither did Peron or Pinochet or Deng Zho Ping.

You can apply this to pretty much every ideology or religion

>title literally says "10 Steps to Fascism"
>what does she mean!?
breh.

also, i think she left out a lot of things and simplified it too much. i'd add some extra points about fetishization of military, hero worship and cults of personality and rhethoric that emphazises style over content.

These are just regurgitations of some common actions performed by fascist governments stripped of context. Most of them deal with the 'fascination' of a country I.e. removing negative foreign elements. This list is obviously meant to appeal to the public school education we recieve on nazi Germany

This. But writing these things off sheerly as being various ways to 'brainwash' is lie

I think she meant 'I'm a mediocre writer and thinker who has been elevated to a higher status due to my skin color and gender'

Toni Morrison's actually good though.

They make many of the same points, phrased differnetly.

This is just fuzzy cultural critique. It has nothing to do with fascism or with politics at large. Ihope her novels were written at a higher standard.

Beloved is excellent, but other novels I couldn't finish.

>Toni Morrison

dropped

Niggers don't have very high IQs I heard.

Post results

anesi.com/fscale.htm

I don't even know what that means.

le hitler salute

is what it's referencing

You're extremely right-wing. Hence the joke.

Some of the questions were bs from the perspective being illogically critical of fascism from a victim's perspective.

>
>
>2.8
Cuck

>Your F Score is: 3.03
>You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.
Gosh.

>anesi.com/fscale.htm

Anyone less than a 4.5 is a verified cuck.

Isn't this basically what's being done to white people these days?

>Pinochet and Deng Zho Ping
>fascist

> [4] The business man and the manufacturer are much more important to society than the artist and the professor.
Do they really think that's is what fascists believe?

Anyone who believes in supernatural bullshit can fuck right off.

yes

This. Made me write it off immediately. Literally the opposite is true.

my favorite painting right here

Yes?

lolno

4:20 ayy lmao