His DrawThread!

It should be fun, right?
Anyone have anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Urs_Graf_Schrecken_des_Kriegs_1521.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Battle_Scene,_by_Hans_Holbein_the_Younger.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Bad-war.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the minimum level of how good someone's art may be to be allowed to post it?

Anything would be great!
I am no artist, I just love history and am willing to try to draw it.

some call me raphael

Didn't you do Dorf Fort?

You are Raphael and Leo in one.
Yeah, (hope that does not hurt my record.)

I am going to go to work now, I will see if anyone asked for anything when I return.

These are pretty great user

I dunno, is this any good enough to be posted in a thread like this?

bump for interest

When I was a kid I used to copy illustrations of tanks, ships, and soldiers like an autist.
Was pretty good at it too.

Also guess what historical event is illustrated in the pic specifically the war and which siege.

forgot pic

Thanks man!
Yeah that's pretty sweet.
that makes two of us.

Nice.
And just wanna add you do draw some rather good cartoons, and I am kinda getting the idea they are based on something from earlier centuries. Is that any right or is it false?

I don't have a lot of Veeky Forums drawings, but I might later.

Yeah, I love the high middle ages (1000-1300)
I try to replicate the style from time to time.
Besides that other times I really love are the 1600s early 1800s and early 1900s.

hey, 100 years from now drawing like that might have value...

Arabs and moors from the high middle ages:
this one was a bitch to comprise. because the Muslims are bound by religion not to draw things, so I had to read through dozens of texts to get ideas of what Arabs and moors looked like. anywhere else in the world, like the Greeks, Latins, and East Asians where a cinch but these guys took an arm and a leg.

and here is General Hookers party tent.

I want to learn how to draw

How do

I honestly have no idea. my job involves me waiting for stuff to break, but for the most part I sit around drawing. You do get better over time. Just draw whenever you have time or are watching a boring movie. (I have no idea how to draw like an art student though)

Draw from reality.
Read Loomis.
Use references.
DRAW AT LEAST AN HOUR EVERY DAY.

That's Korriban

I've done a few history drawings. Hopefully Veeky Forums can get a drawthread going that takes off in the way that Veeky Forums's has.

Niggas got tiny feet.

Drawn with copic markers

He's not some dirty big-footed barbarian.

But you're right, I didn't notice that

Thats amazing!

Pretty sick

Thanks

I love drawing historical things. I thank age of empires for that.

How long did it take you draw that? If you can do stuff of that quality almost consistently you could make comics/graphic novels

Just made some OC.

pls rate and subscribe

really nice ones. I wish I could draw more, but would like a wacomm tablet. Thing is I have to find a used one because I aint no paying 200$ for a thing I might use only once :(

About a day's work 9 hours with breaks I estimate.

pic related is a comic I'm working on with Minoans, Sea Peoples and Ancient Egyptians. Not how it's going to look but it's in the sketching phase with the script nearly done.

This is terrific senpai

I like op's style too. Keep on drawing I can't get enough historical art

WHAT TELL ME MORE

The Bronze Age Collapse is criminally unknown

Awesome m9

>The Minoan is the woman
Good choice user

Very neat

Art history is a great place to start, learn how techniques developed and apply them to your own work.

Start with one point perspective and anatomical proportions

It will come out next year and I'm working with a writer. It's got a subtle fantasy to it and the story is fiction but its set mostly in the Palace of Knossos. The second part takes place in Egypt.

Noice

Nice.

You should draw McClellan's staff at some point. He kept some crazy characters around.

Thanks!

nice

I have some memery that's semi Veeky Forums-related

Kudos to whoever identifies all 4 of them.

>tfw I am not the only who does this.
Rommel
Montgomery
Wilhelm II
Last one must be Slavic (guessing by the collar)

Also just finished Bulge.

Last one is beady eyes guy?

All true, and yes, last one is the demi-orc version of the eternal anglo, from back when he was only an obscure /gsg/-Kaiserreich meme.
Also Id pay to see dwarf Stalin.

>Knossos

Bruh.

What are you using for source material?

Well it could be there or set in a made up palace. In the story it would be abandoned - sort of.

I was reading 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed. I've collected all the relevant Osprey books and search around on the net or the library in one of the three branches in my neighborhood. I've lurked around here too, collecting images of murals and such for the clothing. The writer though is doing the bulk of the research.

hips should to be slenderer famalam

Dude OP really awesome drawings dude!
Have loads of "scripts"/ideas to draw at one point but i never get to drawing. When I do I mostly fuck up and just give up.
I see your style is kinda cartoonic, share more if you want to

Share blog or whatever if you wanna op.

;/ pls b gentl

Vietnam war. Siege of Khe Sanh. Pretty easy.

Morion helmets weren't invented yet back then and ruff collars were not worn either. Those baggy pants were only just starting to be worn by fancy as fuck Landsknecht mercenaries.

For your reference

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Urs_Graf_Schrecken_des_Kriegs_1521.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Battle_Scene,_by_Hans_Holbein_the_Younger.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Bad-war.jpg

>General Hooker
Well it wasn't his name for nothing...

Beautiful true art coming through.

I love it.

Bretty gud. Congrats for getting even the codex-y style right.

You are an national tresure.

Are you from Malaysia?

damnit my shitty tablet won't work

Mađarszozag Mongols being absolute madmen again

I can't draw for shit.

I can copy though. This was from a small illustration on a book of classical warfare

A million hours in mspaint, in case anyone still here.

another one

pls gibe ideas

You guys take requests?

Poorly inproved version.

Maybe.

If anyone has a simple Veeky Forums draw request... I'll take it.

Burning of Georgia

wow that's a biggun

Truly a modern Picasso.

Do banner over Reichstag and/or flag on Iwo Jima.

not a yank eh?

nice
cute

I first saw some of your drawings in the Dwarf Fortress general here the other day.

I love the people you draw, their expressions are just so unique and interesting. Good details on clothing and in general a refreshing style. Do you visit /ic/ often?

I'm working on a somewhat his related sketch. I'll post it if I get to an ok level of completion on it soon.

>the statue
That's adorable.

Post more. idc what.

Labour of love (amounting to about three minutes)

Anyone else want 5 minute shitty mspaint sketches? Or quarter way decent paint sketches if I like the subject.

I like it.

Boston tea party, Francis I getting captured, Ball de Ardents?

How do you guys draw so smoothly on pc?
Pls halp

I think you forgot the red one, Ira Hayes

A bit late. Anything else?

Somehow please draw this like it was an actual newspaper. Antiochus could be butthurt reading it and Scipio look smug or something like that.

Slick mouse control skills.
Alternatively you could buy a Wacom or Cintiq like a scrub.

Thank you that is very kind of you to say.
Sadly I do not have a sight/page yet. (excluding FB but that is retarded)

I like how harmless they all appear.
( I wish I could draw planes)
I don't draw the 1500s much, but here are some men near Madrid. (will you say they look close?)