Why do pravoslavian christians (''orthodox'') pretend that they are part of the ''True Church'' when they're actually...

Why do pravoslavian christians (''orthodox'') pretend that they are part of the ''True Church'' when they're actually just schismatics? Did Jesus Christ want His ''True Church'' to be concentrated mainly in Eastern Europe? Or did He want it to be universal (Catholic) and have the gospel spread on all continents?

Other urls found in this thread:

whynotcatholicism.net/view/the-early-church-was-catholic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes#1st_century
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE
peshitta.org/pdf/Mattich16.pdf
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amazing how moving further up along the vertical on this diagram correlates with churches becoming more and more ridiculous.

whynotcatholicism.net/view/the-early-church-was-catholic

>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 16:18-19

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes#1st_century

Indeed, but remember what He said:
>the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

>Amazing how moving further up along the vertical on this diagram correlates with churches becoming more and more ridiculous.

The people ascending to heaven are ridiculous.

Peter = Petros

Foundation = petra

Peter is literally excluded from being the foundation. It can be anything except Peter.

And it just so happens to be Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

The muslim conquests, the massacre of the latins, the Great Schism, protestantism, the demonic pedophilia cases, etc. none of it could destroy the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

>protestants unironically think they're Christ

Nice try proddy, pic related, what He actually said.

peshitta.org/pdf/Mattich16.pdf

As I've told you before, it is a wordplay. Deal with it.

I know Catholicism and Orthodoxy claim to be the "true" path but are there any Churches around today that try and practice as close to the Early Church as possible?

Yeah, the churches of Armenia/Ethiopia/Syria are pretty ancient.

>whynotcatholicism.net/view/the-early-church-was-catholic

So which Skydaddy is best Skydaddy then?

Interesting, I'll have to read about them.

The Oriental Church is also fascinating.

Probably Zeus/Jupiter.

Dude actually went out and got laid rather then knocking up one single probably ugly, jewish woman through magic powers or whatever the fuck.

When the classical deities of the greco-roman world cucked, they cucked absofuckinglutely everybody including themselves.

>Then we can preach the gospel in the regions far beyond you without boasting about things already accomplished by someone else.
2 Corinthians 10:16

>And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations.
Mark 13:10

Who did so? The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church or pravoslavian schismatics?

>Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 6:7

#rekt

Adam. Adam is the best god.

What an idiot you are.

We unironically died in Christ, and are therefore alive, yes.

>but muh cannibalism

What a lying sack of shit you are. The bible was not written in Aramaic, and you have absolutely zero evidence that Jesus was speaking Aramaic.

Zero.

When the inspired writers of the bible wrote it in Greek, they took pains to make it perfectly clear that Peter, whom Jesus called satan about a minute later, was not the foundation of the church.

At all.

>muh keys

Another idiot to assure the first idiot that the Greek the bible was written in is incorrect.

>and you have absolutely zero evidence that Jesus was speaking Aramaic.
He wasn't speaking greek, that's for sure. It's all about Lingua Franca.

Why do different Christian sects claim the Bible isn't infallible and acknowledge the Gospels were written quite late but then bicker over the meaning of different verses to prove their points? And yes Matthew 16:18 is exactly what I'm referring to: Matthew wasn't written until approx 80AD yet people argue over that verse like their lives depend on it

Ooooohh real scary christard, too bad that the galatians wound up chasing the bible banging dipshits out of their lands and were ultimately peacefully absorbed into the romanized peoples of anatolia.

The inspired authors of the bible wrote it in Greek.

Not Aramaic.

The only passages in the bible in Aramaic are from Babylon.

Hmm? According to christian mythology adam wasn't a deity, he was the first human.

>Slipping peacefully into hell is a good thing.

Yup. And then the Greeks deified him, as they deified many others.

If the Greeks deify you, it does not make you a god.

>The inspired authors
Also known as the people making shit up, just so the rational people in the crowd understand what the delusional types are actually trying to say here.

Please have sex.
Please fuck off to /pol/. Please, pretty please? I can deal with you on /pol/ because I know your argument is absolute shit, but you're bringing the image of Christians on Veeky Forums down.

Roman society was actually quite nice, and far from being any sort of hell even in the latter days of the empire.

Unless you're referring to the christian hell in which case I feel it necessary to remind you that place is as fictional as the heaven of the same mythology.

Also, Peter is the one with the keys, but from the sounds of it he and James didnt bother with the gentiles. What gives?

That's how they're known to you, which is why you're slipping into hell.

>The bible was not written in Aramaic
I never said this. What Jesus Christ said though is: ''(You are) Keepa (and on this) Keepa (I will build my Church)...''

In french for example it's:
...tu es Pierre, et sur cette pierre...

It is an obvious wordplay, wether you like it or not.

>you have absolutely zero evidence that Jesus was speaking Aramaic
Weak bait.

>Peter, whom Jesus called satan about a minute later, was not the foundation of the church

>muh keys
Too stupid for symbolism, aren't you? Silly proddy.

You're not a Christian.

>Please have sex.
Are you offering? Because I already get sex from some nice ladies down at the local "massage" parlor. I'm not interest in hairy fat Veeky Forums dudes.

>the Gospels were written quite late
r e m i n d e r

>>Yup. And then the Greeks deified him, as they deified many others.
And what is your point here exactly?

>>If the Greeks deify you, it does not make you a god.
Yes and? Not seeing what you're trying to get at here.

I'm not the one who claims to never go to Church.
>paying a prostitute
What a schmuck.

Ask the Christians being thrown to the lions if it was quite nice.

>not paying a prostitute
Enjoy wasting money on the fat disgusting pigs that the average modern american woman has turned into.

Peter used the keys to open heaven to the Jews at Pentecost and to the Gentiles who were obviously already saved at Cornelius' house.

There is no more use for the keys. They were not physical. The were not handed down. They are yet another papist lie to grasp power.

>he isn't going for those Mexicans girls

The inspired writer took pains to make sure you would not think that was the case.

So you do not believe in the inspiration of the bible.

So you do not comprehend the bible.

That saying Zeus/Jupiter is the best god, you are worshiping a human being deified by other human beings. And that following them is following them to hell, in Nimrod's case.

Two things: It is highly doubtful that christians were actually fed to lions all that much or ever.

Secondly, the christians of the early roman empire were seditionists and traitors who attempted to undermine the roman state at every opportunity. Try to seriously undermine the military and economic efforts of any given modern state and see how fast they find a reason to imprison you for a damn long time.

>The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7

>The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.
Proverbs 8:13

>The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
Proverbs 9:10

>The fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short.
Proverbs 10:27

>In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

>The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

>Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble with it.
Proverbs 15:16

>By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one turns away from evil.
Proverbs 16:6

>The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.
Proverbs 19:23

>The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.
Proverbs 22:4

>Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. Blessed is the one who fears the Lord always, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into calamity.
Proverbs 28:13-14

>The inspired writer took pains to make sure you would not think that was the case.
Do you actually believe the bs that you write?

I believe all truth, no matter how inconvenient.

>>That saying Zeus/Jupiter is the best god, you are worshiping a human being deified by other human beings.
There is nothing akin to reliable evidence that the classical greek and roman pantheons were humans made into deities. Not the main gods and goddesses that everyone is familiar with anyway.

Besides, jesus wasn't a deity either, he was an idiot that got nailed to piece of wood for defying the authorities in the province of Judea.

>>And that following them is following them to hell
Except hell is fictional so this is wrong.

Oh and did I forget to mention that I'm not actually religious? I just find the deities of classical mythology far more entertaining then anything found in christian mythology.

Too bad you're biblically illiterate, silly proddy.

>A witty saying proves nothing.
Voltaire

Any other pitiful attempts to make me afraid of your imaginary friend you want to try?

>following a fag
Are you gay?

Oh wait a minute, the webm here Was taken from a fire somewhere wasn't it? Probably on an oil rig or someshit like that. Now you got me all bummed out and shit for the poor bastards who died or were permanently disfigured in the blaze.

You're almost as much of a dick as the skyfairy you worship christard.

>The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14

>following a guy who got rekt by the authorities for doing stupid shit
Are you retarded?

Yeah no that bullshit doesn't work either.

Better a law-breaker than a faggot.

Both Eastern an Oriental Orthodox really do practice very similarly to the ancient Church. For reference, we (Eastern Orthodox) sing hymns that were called ancient tradition as far back as the fifth century AD.

Not really, especially when roman laws were surprisingly minimalist.

>Pay your taxes
>Do not attempt to rebel against the state
>Do not kill each other and/or set random things on fire

Fuck man they even had legal drugs and prostitutes.

Well by that logic any conversation by a believer with a nonbeliever is pointless, because only the believer has the means of sensing the truth. A proposition which to any nonbeliever appears to be a form of delusion

So if we cannot agree to stick to materialist facts for the sake of dialog what is the point?

So? It's better to follow a lawbreaker that dies for his cause than a fag that does nothing but write.

>Was taken from a fire somewhere wasn't it? Probably on an oil rig or someshit like that.
No, it was during a homosexual party, 500+ were injured.

>Now you got me all bummed out and shit
You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

The point for believer is for the rest of us to convert to his religion. There is no logical debate to be had here because no religious person thinks their way into their religion in the first place.

>How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep! The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this.

Psalm 92:5-6

Why do you post the same images here every day

Also I'm still waiting for an answer to

Depends on the cause really, the early christians wanted to undermine and destroy a reasonably peaceful and prosperous empire in the name of a non-existent heavenly utopia.

See this here?
Specifically the bible quote?

The people who wrote that down were spiteful pricks who hated all the good things of this actual life in favor of a supposed heavenly existence that will only happen after we die.

Urine idiot.

>Does not believe the bible.

In modern speak thats the same as saying: everyone who disagrees with my religion is a fool

Its the ancient equivalent of shit posting

Of course it does.

So it's better to follow a writer that bitches and whines about stupid shit and is followed by fedoras, correct?

Your question was insipid; why should anyone respond to it?

I have no idea how to take this other then you being a moronic autist.

I mean really "urine idiot"? Is that the best lame pun your dumb ass can come up with?

Exactly. Only the fool says in his heart "there is no God".

That's what I smell when I read your post. Rank, stale urine.

>no religious person thinks their way into their religion in the first place
I became atheist because I lacked understanding like you and I even watched nearly all The Atheist Experience's episodes, I eventually grew out of atheism, became deist and now I'm Catholic again and will remain so until the day I die, meet and hug Jesus Christ.

>Why do you post the same images here every day
Because I like them.

What was insipid about it.

>Its the ancient equivalent of shit posting
>exactly

Nice to see someone keeping tradition alive

No it really doesn't actually because at that point you're just announcing that there is nothing to debate because you have special knowledge that no one else has access to, which is practically no different from something you pulled out of your ass.

Which writer is this? I assure you that voltaire had perfectly legitimate complaints about the french monarchy. And most "fedoras" probably haven't even heard of him as he wasn't an atheist exactly.

Whatever dude, what happened was you returned to the religion of either your family or culture upon becoming an adult. There is no objective truth involved in this process, and if had been born in a place with a different religion you would have returned to that instead.

>Why do different Christian sects
There are no Christian sects. There are Christians, and there is everyone else. All Christians are alive; everyone else is dead.

>claim the Bible isn't infallible
These would be the dead ones.

>and acknowledge the Gospels were written quite late
These would be the dead ones trying to curry favor with the world, not knowing that friendship with the world is enmity with God.

>but then bicker over the meaning of different verses to prove their points?
Dead people enjoy bickering.

>And yes Matthew 16:18 is exactly what I'm referring to: Matthew wasn't written until approx 80AD
Insipid.

>yet people argue over that verse like their lives depend on it
The authority of the Roman Catholic Church crumbles when the verse is properly understood.

So, you're just a typical religious idiot mad that his stupid belief system isn't credible to people with functioning brains, good to know.

I don't believe you, no I know I don't believe you because of fags who shitpost with fedoras quoting him about stupid shit, like the Holy Roman Empire.

Correct. God, God's Word, the things God says will happen; these are not up for debate.

You actually do not have a method to understand the supernatural/spiritual things of reality.

You live as an animal, by your senses.

>The people who wrote that down were spiteful pricks
It is out of the heart that evil thoughts come, as well as murder, adultery, sexual immorality, stealing, false testimony, and slander. These are the things that make a person unclean. But eating with unwashed hands doesn’t make a person unclean.

Matthew 15:19-20

These are wise words and you know it. Letting a man sodomize you is evil and aknowledging this does not make one a ''spiteful prick''. Satan is literally rubbing his hands everytime you are letting yourself be sodomized.

Where oh where to even start with this post?

>>There are no Christian sects. There are Christians, and there is everyone else. All Christians are alive; everyone else is dead.

I mean really look at this stupid shit, you aren't here to debate anything, nor to discuss historical events, you're just here to browbeat people with christcuck propaganda in a pitiful attempt to convert people to your stupid religion.

What's more you're doing this on Veeky Forums of all the fucking places, holy shit you are hilariously stupid.

>claim the Bible isn't infallible
>These would be the dead ones.
Again more idiocy and nothing to refute either, just more "MY FAITH BEST FAITH FUCK YOU FAGGOT".

Correct.

I am here to tell you the truth.

Correct.

Faith in Jesus Christ is better than faith in anything or anyone else.

See how much you're learning from me being here?

>These are wise words and you know it
No actually I don't know this and I will thank you to stop pretending that you know what I'm thinking. Even the word murder in that quote is open to scrutiny because what sorts of killing is unlawful depends on time and place.

The only two things from that quote I can reasonably agree are bad to do most of the time are false testimony and slander.

>were spiteful pricks

Exactly the opposite. If you read it for yourself, you would see that it goes on to say "and so were some of you."

The only thing you have done so far is to convince me that you are an idiot.

Cuckolding niggerdicks

All you have to do is call someone a fool to be guilty of their murder.

>They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of their ignorance and hardness of heart.

Ephesians 4:18

You don't have a means of understanding the supernatural either, because the supernatural doesn't actually exist.

Yup. People who believe the truth, to you, are idiots. Luckily the bible predicted your response.

If you'd like, I'll state openly that animals actually have more understanding of the supernatural/spiritual than you do, if that's what you're plugging for.