I'm a liberal history teacher in France

I'm a liberal history teacher in France.
How can I explain this map to my students without sounding like I'm racist?

I don't follow, I don't see anything that could be perceived to be racist.

Tell them that it is eurocentrism if you don't want to get fired.

Blue bannana
Urbanization
Division of labor
yada yada

Would it be racist to say Ancient Egyptians were significantly more advanced than bronze age Europeans? No. Same goes for the past 1000 years.

The bigger problem is how you are going to explain to your haughty French students why Britain is above France without them all crying into their onions and baguettes.

Explain to them that they didn't have guns germs or steel and that was the reason they never developed instead of innate differences in intelligence and you should be OK.

>In densely poplulated urbanized areas where people are close enough the trade ideas and the church doesn't own majority of the land shit happens

here, also don't get sucked into the racism meme, just stick to the facts and work your way up

>I'm a liberal history teacher in France.
The worst kind of person

>I'm a liberal history teacher in France.
No you're not, I doubt your ciriculum has to deal with achievements

just say that it was the truth "at the time"

Those Zebras were raised in captivity though

But also don't get sucked into the "biological differences have no consequence" meme. Also why does this map not account for the integral role Austria, Bavaria, Eastern France and Switzerland played?

Yeah usually to domesticate something you have to capture it and cordon it off. Something apefricans never mastered

So are all truly domesticated animals...

>Yeah usually to domesticate something you have to capture it and cordon it off
'no'
Domestication isn't really about 'capturing'. it's about humans and animals in pastoral communities living alongside one another for long periods of time.

>apefricans
Okay, you should recognize that nonracism is good. Acknowledging the real biological differences in different populations is good, but so is non-racism.

All those graphs are shit. Pic related.

>that graph again

You are incorrect

>Acknowledging the real biological differences in different populations is good,
Why?
>but so is non-racism.
Why?

Don't just tell people to "recognize X is good" if you aren't prepared to offer an argument in support of your position.

The person who made that graph is really eurocentric

>implying Byzantine empire and Caliphate didn't maintain the Greek and Roman teachings that medieval Europe lost

Racism led to the death of six million Jews.

Yeah, I know it's shit. Measuring scientific accomplishment in graphs like these is beyond retarded. That's my point.

You read too much fiction

When Veeky Forums become /b/...
Tu peux y aller je pense, à moins de vraiment vouloir te voir te faire virer je vois pas comment ils pourraient t'emmerder

Because REAL racism actually is a shitty thing. For example, treating subsaharans like cattle is disgusting and is Talmud-tier racism. Yes, we know subsaharans are in general less intellectually talented than other population groups but that doesn't mean they deserve to be treated like absolute shit.

That's not why.

The Depression and the Treaty of Versailles certainly didn't help. Nor did Bolshevism.
How is anti-Semitism racism? Isn't Jewish identity a rather complex phenomenon that transcends race? Is Islamophobia also racist?

you mean I read too much actual zooarchaeology? If you look at pastoral societies most of them have a very complex relationship with animals.

>Yes, we know subsaharans are in general less intellectually talented than other population groups but that doesn't mean they deserve to be treated like absolute shit.
Who's doing the treating, here? I've never purchased an African slave taken from his sub-Saharan family. Africans sold each other into slavery. I honestly don't understand what this has to do with my life.

Just explain the real reasons, which have nothing to do with race.

I was just giving an example as to why real racism is bad.

You're racist.

You're a shitlord bigot.

Where is the example? You're telling me not to treat sub-Saharans badly because it's shitty to treat people badly, not because of racism.

I am merely asking questions.

>5
tell them that the human rights is the most important principles in life and if they do not embrace the republics, they will be in jail anyway

the byzantine empire closed down the greek philosophical academies though.

What's scientific advancement measured in?

Before you go in, think up a question about what you are concerned might be racist, which brings up the question of racism without implying anything is racist.. Then when you get into class, just give them the facts, explain the information as close to the book as you can and spring your question on them.

Let the French shitheads argue until times runs out.

I taught a Political Philosophy course over there and they would get super pissy about Aristotle and Heidegger, who I had to cover, so this trick saved me a couple times.

Hello. My name's Roger and I enjoy posting in race-bait threads. However, I should let you know that /pol/ is a far more appropriate board for the topic at hand.

All the best!

>Croatia
>in the core of anything

lol ok

i know this is b8, but it pisses me off how one of the axis is just labeled "scientific advancement" as if thats quantifiable in any way

That's clearly Venice.

>This is an argument

SA

*Venice's colonies

Also how is South Italy in the core of anything?

"Correct" is I think the word you are looking for. The real question is why on earth would anyone believe that each human race has exactly the same level of cognitive ability.

It was a statement of fact.

Because Homo Sapiens have not existed long enough for significantly different cognitive abilities to have evolved.

>percantage of all persons mentioned
>adds up to thousands of %

>significant figures

sounds real scientific senpai

Not to defend the map or anything but scientific advancement could be measured with things like rate of invention, and complexity of machinery/metalurgy, agricultural output etc.

Naturally that graph is retarded and only good for trolling purposes but hey.

>bully niggers for zebras
>cant domesticate a moose

You could explain how race was viewed back then. Tell him how French education routinely talked shit on the German "Teutonic race" and how everyone else did so.

I bet Southern Frenchmen immigrating to America in the 19th century wouldn't even have been considered white.

Do you wear jeans with a suit jacket ?

>Because Homo Sapiens have not existed long enough for significantly different cognitive abilities to have evolved.
>However they have existed long enough to develop different lung capacities, bone structures, hair densities/textures and disease immunities

Baaaaaw poor germans :((((((
they would never do such things!!!

A brain is significantly different to the those fairly minor changes.

Why does it matter? I doubt the school told you to teach that book. It's not a textbook, it advances a thesis that is way too strong for what should be a regular history class, and is too long to be recommended reading for high school.

>G*rmens

deserve every amount of shit they get.

this might be an offtopic question, but from which book are these pages? just curios, want to read it

It says the title right at the top of the page: "Human Accomplishment."

It's basically just a few hundred pages of cherrypicking sources to advance the thesis: "Western Society is so great that all other societies are basically ants."

nice, thank you and please excuse my retardation regarding not finding the title..oops

You deserve to suck sticky balls, my friendo.

Human Accomplishment: The Pursuit of Excellence in the Arts and Sciences, 800 B.C. to 1950 is a 2003 book by Charles Murray
this, right?

Yeah.

Other regions were highly productive as well, the map just shows the most competitive locations for an entrepôt like Amsterdam. Weavers in Amsterdam were not inherently superior to weavers in Switzerland, it is just that merchants didn't want to pay for barges going up and down the Rhine and Switzerland wasn't as densely populated relatively speaking.

The other piece of the puzzle is the Mediterranean which connects a vast area of the world of which western Europe emerged as highly economically productive in the 15th century at a moment when technology suddenly became a lot more relevant. The area itself yielded many innovations and also distributed them quickly from other regions. If something was invented in Baghdad it would be adopted by settlements along the Tigris, from there it is only a short trip across well trodden trade routes to Antioch and the Mediterranean to be picked up by Italian merchants and spread throughout Europe. Once north sea, baltic and atlantic trade expanded in the 13th century onwards it also gave more access to an even larger area of coast, further enhancing the value of the core.

> How can I explain this map to my students without sounding like I'm racist?
By showing them the same maps of the previous time periods with snowy white Western and Northern Europe.

I'd be more worried what I'd say if they asked why I'm teaching such a stupid shitty book.

>Luther
Was up against much bigger villains
>Wilhelm II
Nice to see you base your perception off of WWI entente propaganda