How did this clusterfuck happen?

How did this clusterfuck happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zvdbDw5bXnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

logical conclusion of Protestantism

Europeans are idiot barbarian warmongers that could never let go of their pre-Roman savagery

typical religion

3 people get thrown out of a window... 8 million Germans die.

>Holy

>Defenstration

Mixing of religion and government.

There's a reason why the US has a separation of church and state and why the French Republic is militantly secular.

Please excuse me. I couldn't help but notice that your definition of "god" differs wildly from my own. I am also of the belief that the Vatican is corrupt and therefore should not receive our support. I will now engage in petty squabbles so my vision of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant.

t. Martin Luther

a governmental system that made no damn sense.

after all such treaties were signed, the Edict of Worms, the Edict of Nantes, etc, the Holy Roman Empire was more divided than ever when it came to religion. And the kingdom's ended up having Catholic lords in Protestant-majority lands or Protestant lords in Catholic-majority lands.

this mix match of religions gave way to the Bohemian Revolt, where a protestant government took up in Bohemia. When Catholic envoys were sent to diffuse the situation, they were thrown out of the castle walls and now you have your causus belli.

From there more powers got involved and just escalated to a full blown continental war.

A mixture of religious turmoil and political clashing for dominance.

German autism like always.

>of Prague

It was the culmination of tensions that were building since the reformation.

What kicked it off was the fact that the new emperor was a Catholic zealot who left Protestants feeling that he'd undo the agreements made in the 1555 Peace of Augsburg. Instead of recognizing that once the Bohemians and Palatinate rebelled, he continued to agitate the protestants, turning more of North Germany against the Empire.

Though the Imperial troops managed to suppress the rebellions, the pants-on-head retarded imperial policies had destabilized the HRE enough for all the neighboring countries to get involved - first Denmark, then Sweden and finally France.

Had Ferdinand II not been retarded, the war would have been over in 1621.

Sweden was a surprise though. The war was pretty much won with Wallenstein's great cucking of Protestants and his march to the Baltic, laying siege to Stralsund the last proddy bastion. Then out of nowhere an irrelevant kingdom by the name of Sweden arrived and began winning battle after battle with a patched-up army of peasants that Gustav Adolph had managed to transform into a pretty effective military. The Emperor being a cunt to Wallenstein also helped though.

The funny thing is that eventually the Swedes were repelled and it was Catholic France who then entered, saved the proddies and ended the war, not before taking (and the Swedes too) some HRE clay for themselves.

Ehh Sweden wasn't any more surprising than the Danes were. The Danes had already invaded in 1625, using the heavy-handed suppression of Protestants as their causus belli, and things were only getting worse after that. Plus, the Swedes had been aggressively campaigning across the region for some time, so it really shouldn't have been all that surprising to the Imperial forces that the Swedes would seize upon the same causus belli to expand their regional influence.

German Princes and the Low Countries used religion as a means to get independence. Habsburg autists used a slightly different form of the same religion to counter this and establish control. France joined in for shits n giggles.

Did he even want his work to become public? I thought he tried to instigate an internal reform without getting the masses involved in it.

>Heave men out of windows in Prague
>Religious shits in Scandinavia want in
>Eventually France trys to cuck Hapsburgs

>clusterfuck

This has nothing on Cambri desu

I've been looking for a good book on the subject for a while, does anyone have recommendations?

Europe's Tragedy by Peter H. Wilson.

It's 800 pages of autistic attention to detail. He spends something like 200 pages explaining the strategic situation leading up to the war, and he does an excellent job looking at periphery elements that weren't technically part of the war but still had a huge impact (notably the wars in Italy).

That sounds exactly like what i'm looking for. Thanks.

It was just the continuation of some unfinished businesses of the precedent century: Emperor vs Schmalkaldic League and Spain vs France and Dutchie v2.0.

Spanish thirds in the Netherlands

He might have originally, but he knew that if he didn't go public and get some support he was going to die the quick and painful death that all the other heretic leaders did. Luckily, there were plenty of rich goyim in the Low Countries who liked the idea of not having to suck the church's dick to get anything done so he found some friends.

I'm about half way through this and the attention to detail is fucking amazing. Just wish I had more time to read.

The Eternal Bohemian

Song related

youtube.com/watch?v=zvdbDw5bXnQ

The Boltons seized an opportunity to capture Winterfell.