Veeky Forums Ruins

ITT: Post Veeky Forums-related ruins, ghost towns, abandoned cultural sites, etc. that you've visited.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

megaliths.org/browse/region/17/view/145
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsom_Salts_Monorail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks like a griefed building in minecraft

Glendalough. Irish monastery with 11th-12th century buildings, now part of a national park.

Where/what is it?

Neat looking place, got any more pics?

The OP pic is of a building in a ghost town in rural Nevada (can't remember which one though).

This is from Candelaria, NV. Modern open pit mine in background (also now abandoned).

Gotta stay classical.

Another building from Candelaria.

Old smelter.

Because you can't spell comfy without castle.

Was just about to post a pic from my trip there last week, most beautiful place on Earth in my opinion.

>colonists dindu nuffin

What is this?

ruins of a french fort atop mount chaberton, franco-italian border

this meme again! that is not man-made u idiot.
>b-but it looks man-made!
yeah and so does the giant's causeway

the path leading up to it

The wall of aradus Syria.

megaliths.org/browse/region/17/view/145

abandoned cottage near pragelato, Italy

Nice, got any pics of the base of the structure? Looks like it was built in the early twentieth century.

Yuanming Yuan ruins in Beijing. The westernized part of the imperial gardens which were razed by the French military in the 19th Century. There were older traditional parts of the gardens that were also destroyed, but these are the ruins that you can go and see. A lot of it has been restored or converted into gardens. Part of the gardens were later incorporated into Tsinghua university's campus by the commies, so much of the university's campus is traditional gardens. Other sections of the gardens were made into a park, which features a big monument to Victor Hugo.

I went there about 2 years ago, it wasn't gloomy or powerful like a lot of other ruins are, but the ruins were fun to play around on (respectfully).

dude clean your sensor

I don't think anyone on this board seriously believes that those hills are man made.

It's just bants my family.

file was too big
I think it was indeed built in the early 20th, as to the base that's kind of difficult since it's mostly built into the mountain and parts have been destroyed, a lot of it is just tunnels and the like. All that's visible above ground are those batteries, built into a right-angled dent cut into the summit, and some ruined barracks below

Old 100+ year old marble quarry near Death Valley.

I've tried, I think those are actually chips and dents

A different ruined fort, this time at Moncervino

I do, I even posted what they digged, don't make me post it again, but I don't think it's an actual pyramid like the egyptians.

And it that's supossed to be a face?

Old fountain at the marble company's townsite. The road leading into the mountains was an incline railway that was used to deliver the cut marble about 3 miles to the standard gauge railroad for shipment.

Most of the townsite buildings were made of wood so not much left except for the concrete foundations and this chimney. Used to have 1000+ people living there at its peak shortly before WWI.

another abandoned seasonal hut

Very cool, got any more of this place?

Here are some remaining A-frames from a monorail that was built in the 1920s and used to transport epsom salts near Death Valley.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsom_Salts_Monorail

fraid not, almost all the pictures I take are just natural landscapes

It's the old man in the mountain, it was a naturally occurring rock formation that used to be in New Hampshire.

Detroit

I just to laugh at detroit jokes, now is just sad.

That's really neat

Ever been to Bodie?

There's a dolomite quarry near Owens lake that I really want to explore one of these days

WTF is that

muh decebal

Decebalus Rex last king of Dacia.

There's a ruined medieval bridge right outside of my village, but for some reason it's nicknamed "Roman bridge"

Not a full-blown ghost town, but lots of abandoned buildings in Goodsprings, Nevada.

There should be some lockpicking magazines and a stealthboy in a safe inside the schoolhouse. Watch out for giant mantis nymphs though.

Giant Fire Mantis in Freeside was a bitch.

Ruins named Cremna or Kremna in Turkey

Another photo from Cremna

beautiful

This still pisses me off

Umayyad city in Anjar, Lebanon

Anderson prison. Been there,you get some weird feelings there. Thousands of Union prisoners died in this little piece of land. A tiny stream ran thru the prison grounds. That was all they had for water. Polluted as hell. All types of diseases. Plus the rebels tortured the union prisoners,they would put food over the death line in front of thousands of starving men. Doesn't take a idiot to know what happended next. Interesting read.

Spent a night at a friend's house there

Andersonville prison, sorry guys

I get that feel, unfortunately.

Any good reconstructions of Rome's centre? I visited those ruins two years ago, and it was hard to picture how it looked during it's heyday. Especially the ruins up on the steep hillside.

An early XIII. century temple ruin near where I live. It was ruined by an earthquake in the 1700s.

>he doesn't get that all man made structures eventually get eaten up by the earth again
>he expects all ruins to be giant clean pillars standing above the ground
>he still thinks that what once was, will ever be
>doesn't understand decay, erosion, etc
>hurr we eternal n shieet
>le everything is a meme meme

God damned motherfucking nigger I'll fucking fuck that balloon-face of yours like a sex toy you fucking scum.

the remains of a Mississippi noble's plantation manor

Rosewell plantation, largest home built in the colonial US. Flemish bond brickwork, high ceilings, thick walls, four stories. The parlor was large enough to use as a ballroom, and Virginia's gentlemen and thinkers frequently met here for parties and meetings.

burned down in 1916

I like it.

House ruins along the canal somewhere in england.

Woah..must been hard place to live in.

Awesome mason work

This gigantic WWII bunker in Bremen.

neato

Djado, Niger, a fortified trading city in the Sahara along the routes towards Libya

As the best preserved of ten similar fortresses in the Lobi area, part of a larger group of around a hundred stone-built enclosures, they are part of a network of settlements that flourished at the same time as the trans-Saharan gold trade and appear to reflect the power and influence of that trade and its links with the Atlantic coast. Recent excavations have provided radio-carbon dates suggesting the walled enclosure at Loropéni dates back at least to the 11th century AD and flourished between the 14th and 17th centuries.

Ouara (or Wara) is the former capital of the Ouaddai Empire lying near Abéché in eastern Chad. It has been deserted since its wells went dry in the 19th century. Situated between hills, it is still home to a ruined palace, mosque and city wall.

Ramesseum, Thebes

Stone House (aka Witches Castle), the remains of a former public restroom from the early-1900's. Near Balch Creek, in Forest Park, a public municipal park in the Tualatin Mountains west of downtown Portland, Oregon.

Tower of Shaft No. 1, Charbonnage du Hasard de Cheratte, Liège.

Retardedly huge stupa in Mingun (near Mandalay, central Myanmar/Burma).

Meteora, Greece

Pic taken from Aghios Nikolaos Anapafsas monastery.

One of five ruined watch towers built around Dar al-Hajar palace. Souk Al Wadi, valley of Wadi Dhahr, Yemen.

Deserted village, Yemen

Craco, abandoned village in Basilicata (Italy).

A hilltop fort in Donegal county Ireland

signage describing the fort

view from the wall

Italian potash mining settlement in Dallol (Danakil, Ethiopia).

Remains of workers dwellings made of salt blocks at left edge of image (bottom half). Salt canyons and edge of depression in background.

wear a hard hat when urbanexploring that shit

Sorrento (near Naples, southern Italy)

An old mill, functioning since the beginning of the 900s and abandoned around 1866.

Abandoned Gulag mine in Kolyma, Magadan

Hey guys, Tasmanian here. I really wanted to show you all photos of the ruins on Maria Island but I just can't find the photos on my old hard drives. Some people tried to settle the Islands a few hundred years ago and I took pictures of the ruins. If you google for "maria island ruins" or farm, etc you'll find some. It's pretty amazing.

Neat. I've been to similar places in the American West (without the stigma of slave labor).

Horseshoe Canyon in Canyonlands, Utah was home to the Anazazi people. These petroglyphs, which can be as big as 5 feet tall, date from 9000 BC. It was also used by Butch Cassidy as a hide-out of the feds; he who let them chase him down there, hide in one of the many side-canyons, then box them in and murder them all.

If any of you happen to go there, theres an ammo box with a Log near the biggest gallery of petroglyphs. I wrote a poem in there.

where's the graffiti and blunt wrappers?

Very cool.

is germanic?

Well it's near a place called Berlin, NV, so sort of.