How to think

How does one get deeper in literature and philosophy? I wrote paper for my philosophy class on Kierkegaard and my professor's biggest complaint was that I needed to go deeper.

Attached: download.png (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fECUeP4gonY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You’re not going to make it

Think more. Engage with the topic. Don't just repeat what you read, form an opinion about it or connect your information from one work with information from another. Think more. Did you go to public school?

Attached: youcolt.jpg (130x160, 8K)

Some people can say nothing about the world, does this mean there is nothing to say about the world? How is it determined how much there is to be said about the world? (or anything/everything in the world?)

In depth thinking, and thinking in general, really, is overrated. I'd suggest not worrying about these sorts of trivial matters.

>My professor asked me to go deeper

Well user, what are you not doing in his room right now

Yes, at the time it seemed like a good school but being in college now everyone else seems miles ahead of me.

>t. arrogant brainlet

Yeh, public schools in the US at least are garbage tier. They train students for taking state tests, not learning or how to learn. All I can tell you is work harder. Stretch your brain muscles and try taking a real interest in your classes. Which class is it that's giving your problems? And what was your paper about?

>arrogant brainlet
Say that to my face, cuck. I'll get you thinking about the depth of my foot in ur ass.

oh duh philosophy. distracted.

It's a class just on Kierkegaard and Nietzsche. We spent the first half of the semester talking about Kierkegaard and one thing that stuck out to me was that his idea of the "aesthetic phase" had a lot to do with controlling everything about your life, and even the lives of others.

The end game of literature and philosophy is to realize that studying literature and philosophy is a massive waste of time, so just skip to that.

Don't want to make a thread for this
I've read an entry-level book on philosophy
Can I skip to Augustine and early modern texts before finishing the Greeks?
I want to read the Greeks, but Plato's and Aristotle's complete works will take some time and I'd rather not rush them

Attached: 1520631195036.jpg (331x315, 23K)

you don’t take it seriously and Augustine isn’t remotely necessary to understand German idealism or Empiricism or Rationalism or Analytic or Continental philosophy, the only people who insist upon it are Christians

>you don’t take it seriously
What do you mean? I'm starting out to get a basic understanding

if you took it seriously you’d want to understand Plato and Aristotle completely, then you’d hunger for more and wouldn’t go to Augustine you’d go to Descartes, Spinoza, German Idealism and the Phenomenology, Rationalists and Analytics/Continentals. Wanting to rush around, especially to what amounts to apologetics for irrational faith based thought, is a sign of not taking it seriously

Yep, having a master's degree in literature, I can only concur

DEEEPAAA
youtube.com/watch?v=fECUeP4gonY

Sure, which is why I asked if I should do that or not. I do want to understand Plato and Aristotle, but wanted to know if it'd be worthwhile reading simultaneously with modern texts. Thanks for answering that
>especially to what amounts to apologetics for irrational faith based thought
I'm not Christian but I am interested in Christian thought

Watch deep anime

All the too universities in the world are analytic, not continental. Your professor is a brainlet

god damn thats funny

Attached: 1515178401193s.jpg (250x242, 7K)