I'm very sick, and I'll likely be dead before the end of the year...

I'm very sick, and I'll likely be dead before the end of the year. Are there any books that would help me find comfort and acceptance in my situation and death?

Attached: shinjo.jpg (912x896, 74K)

Sorry to hear that OP.

Attached: 41DVhwDRluL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (312x499, 30K)

Seconding

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 41K)

Remains of the day, maybe. Sort of a melancholy book about the end, just not the terminal end of life.

Buddhist doctrine.

What’s going on?

>$22.00
>Made in NERV

I'm sorry you're dying but thank you for spending one of your last moments on earth spreading happiness

dont waste your time on that. read the bible, take mass, and then go do some fun shit

Read the books of the Bible that are mostly poetry. Try and be in the nature as much as you can. Record your life's events in a document. Accept that all things must pass and it's merely your time. Realize that life has been a blessing and be truly, honestly, genuinely grateful for the time you've had here.

You'll be on my mind, user.

>and then go do some fun shit

Degenerate

>I'm dying
>Here's how to not exist

Buddhists are fucking disgusting

Attached: Jean_Anouilh.jpg (300x406, 45K)

Philosophy of redemption

that’s not a good person read his face

What he said.

The Death of Ivan Ilitch, Tolstoy.

Take some psychedelic like LSD or shrooms, no human should die before experiencing a psychedelic trip
>inb4 DUDE ACID LMAO
It has been scientifically proven that they reduce / eradicate fear of death in terminally ill patients

>It has been scientifically proven that they reduce / eradicate fear of death in terminally ill patients

And why is this a priori desirable you silly little twerp. Death should be terrifying and you should have the manliness to be able to endure that fear. Not be a deluded p-zombie in your brief last window of life

Attached: 109885482.jpg (750x1024, 410K)

Plato's Phaedo

>he thinks there's such a thing as a immanent, universal "you" moral subject
very gay

There is if I say so you effeminate little shit

Baghavad Gita
Upanishads
Ashtavakra gita
The bible

>Baghavad Gita
>Upanishads
>Ashtavakra gita
POO

/thread and the Bible. Everyone else is a fag or a poo.

>no Vedas
>doesn’t say whih Upanishad
>no Baghavad Purana
lol
trying too hard

>muh christian God

>Le singularity

Nice empty idealism but in reality people simply want to feel at peace in life, in dying, and in death. No such things as a priori / a posteriori, these are concepts of intellectual poison. The dictator here is how individuals feel, that's all that matters (especially as you're dying), not the fiction of failed, dead men (philosophers).

Mukhya upanishads
Upanishads are part of the vedas, why would he need to read anything else in the other Vedas about ancient Hindu rites or whatever

Becker's Denial of Death

w;t

Attached: montaigne.jpg (323x499, 42K)

/thread
Ivan Ilych is made for this. Quite short too, you can knock it out and have time for others (and for some poetry).
I'd definitely recommend To the Lighthouse. It's my favorite book, and I think it'll leave you with a comforting impression of the work of both time and other people in our lives.
Sorry to here it user. Remember what Nabokov said about the cradle rocking above an abyss and all that. Your time being conscious is its own infinity!

Attached: ivan ilych.jpg (317x475, 19K)

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Muramaki. It deals with an inevitable fate and 'death' in a sense. I can't relate on a personal level though, so I'm sorry to hear about that. It's hard to recommend to anyone how they should personally spend what time they have left, but I hope it's well spent.

Attached: u.png (201x250, 9K)

Thank you for showing how retarded you are