Why do you love him so much, Veeky Forums?

Why do you love him so much, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

economics.mit.edu/files/8702
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it true that Lenin sodomized him on a regular basis?

Wait, does Veeky Forums even like Nicky?

Also, that glorious mustache.

I hate him so much because he was obsolete and even harmful as an Emperor

too soon

I dislike him as a monarch but feel bad for him as a person, or at least feel bad about his end.

Some people pity how he and his family were executed. I dislike Communists with a passion, but I honestly have no sympathy for the Romanovs since they shed tons of their own people's blood and repressed civil liberties. The people were merely cattle to be worked to death.

And I love how everyone overlooks how anti-Semitic he was. His whole court was notoriously anti-Jew. The Russians were far more nasty to Jews than the Germans and Austrians at that point in history.

>And I love how everyone overlooks how anti-Semitic he was
KEK
>implying that's not why we like him

It's more pity than like

Because imagine nowdays russia; still having a tsar residing in the winter palace. It would have been a beautiful sight.

Imagine the UK without the royal family and be a republic. It'd be barely recognizable.

kind of this.

with the tsars' death russian culture declined.

this

>It would have been a beautiful sight

And Russia would still be a backwards shithole. Even more than it is now.

Because his life is a beautiful tragedy and how relateable the feeling is of being thrusted into a position without being ready for it.

It's hard not to sympathize with a man who had his entire family murdered by vicious commies.

Nicky a cute

Because this board is obsessed with romanticising absolute monarchy, the more suffering by the masses the better.

>implying this is true
Half of the board is autistic Marxists and the other half is weebs.

No. Shitholes like S.Korea, Singapore developed fantastically with autocrats. In fact, Russia would be far more developed. That Russia needed stalin is a meme. See:

economics.mit.edu/files/8702

I have one question to you Veeky Forums

do. you. want. to. shoot. ME?!

not an argument

I've always thought Veeky Forums was more on Lenin's side than Nicky's side

Aren't a lot of you gommies

im leaving this board if thats the case

>with autocrats

And Stalin was what?

God

A communist dictator. Central planning of economic activity, wherever it has been tried, led to economic stagnation and decline.

He was one of us.

At heart, Nicky was a shy, introverted man who by chance was thrown into a position of power for what he was not ready.

He tried to do his duty but he failed. His crime wasn't being cruel and bloodthirsty. If he was such a man he wouldn't be deposed. His only fault was being weak.

I dont, he lost to the fucking nips in the shittiest way possible. Couldent do his own fucking coronation and let 13.000 people die by a human stampede.

doubtful, i don't know whats the reason but communism seems to destroy any semblance of culture and civility on any nation where its practiced

what russia need is strict authoritarian style technocrat which can modernise and develop the country as fast as soviet had done, without all the social/communist bullshit which cause them into human trash, probably something like singapore or meiji era japan

look at difference between mainland china and non communist chinese principalities like Taiwan, Hongkong and, and Macau for ex. while mainland china is shit russia tier, non commie chinese are comparable both culturally and economically to japan

>He tried to do his duty but he failed. His crime wasn't being cruel and bloodthirsty. If he was such a man he wouldn't be deposed. His only fault was being weak.

No he was stupid and stubborn at the same time. Being weak had nothing to do with making idiotic and bizarre foreign and domestic policy choices.

His refusal to abdicate or share power until he was physically forced ensured the destruction of his country.

What is worse is that he was in a prime position to deal with the troubles of his country or simply maintain the status quo. At least with poor Louis XVI he was a victim of massive debt and harvest failures but there was no such thing to absolve Nickolas who ran his country into the ground, destroying a dynasty that had ruled for half millennia.

To quote that chinese guy in that documentry about doing buisness in Africa

"not only did you not preserve what was left for you, you destroyed what remained"

Are you honestly of the opinion that the whole of China could be comparable in development to Hongkong or Macau if the nationalists won the civil war and mao lost?

Not the poster you are responding to.

No, hongkong and macau were trading ports and were developed to some extent even beforehand. It's just that history has given us literally almost controlled experiments of communism: see north korea vs south korea; see east germany vs west germany; cz rep and austria were very similar after ww2. See how things turned out

It's just that centrally planned economies do not work. Mainland china started developing after deng xiaoping basically introduced capitalism; before that it was north korea status.

He seemed like a pretty incompetent ruler
but I gotta like him
My first two names are Nicholas and Alexander

>No, hongkong and macau were trading ports and were developed to some extent even beforehand. It's just that history has given us literally almost controlled experiments of communism: see north korea vs south korea; see east germany vs west germany; cz rep and austria were very similar after ww2. See how things turned out

I know that, I just get the feeling that some people geniunly do not understand why places like Hong Kong and Singapore are not models that could be replicated as a general rule.

Its up there with the "without Christianity we would be hyper advanced".

>It's just that centrally planned economies do not work.

Oh they certainly work, however not by peacetime capitalist and individualist standards which our the norm.

nope but it would still be significantly better

Then using

>
look at difference between mainland china and non communist chinese principalities like Taiwan, Hongkong and, and Macau for ex. while mainland china is shit russia tier, non commie chinese are comparable both culturally and economically to japan

Probably wasnt sensible

Because he feels human to me

He was hot

south korea vs north korea
or east germany vs west germany

I lived in commie-land for 9 years of my life while i was young, trust me, they do not work. It's the main reason shit collapsed and isn't used anywhere anymore except in insane north korea.

I didn't say the other issues you talked about were not sensible only that your comparison with Macau and HK were not sensible. At worst they were deceiving and at best they misrepresent your viewpoint

This.

As a straight man I feel comfortable saying Nick was fucking pretty.

>I lived in commie-land for 9 years of my life while i was young, trust me, they do not work. It's the main reason shit collapsed and isn't used anywhere anymore except in insane north korea.

Did you read that post or did you just automatically assume I though those regimes were great ?

Wasn't he being cucked by Ra Ra Rasputin?

Give up, you'll never convince some deluded westerner so thick in the head with ideology.
Stand your ground, don't let these fucks ever gain power.
t. Polan

The only reason some people defend this idiot is because they wanna fuck him.

He was a simple hard working man born into the position of a monarch.
He should have just been exiled to Alaska indefinitely with his family.

>honestly have no sympathy for the Romanovs since they shed tons of their own people's blood and repressed civil liberties

yeah that Olga, always shedding people's blood

that dang teenage Alexei, always repressing the civil liberties

>how anti semitic

That's why I like him

>THEY WOULD HAVE RALLIED AROUND ONE OF THE AEIRS TO THE THRONE
>HURR DURR
Nicky did nothing wrong, fuck bolshivik apologetics.

>His whole court was notoriously anti-Jew

Sounds like a cool guy

No idea why people on this horrid board like him. He was incompetent as fuck, just let the mad monk screw his entire family.

CRASHING THIS MONARCHY WITH NO SURVIVORS

Is he the most handsome monarch in history?

As far as the hohenzollens went yeah he was

Why is everyone super grumpy?

Maria was best Romanov waifu

Nicky didn't like banks unless he was the major share owner

Taking photos in old times was serious business. People never smile in photos of that era. It's a relatively new practice to smile while being photographed

Oh it's the
>Stalin turned third world shithole into superpowaaa!
meme

I wonder how it felt when they both had to take down their cousin.

because /pol/ and neoreactionary revisionist memes

fuck Nicholas and the Romanovs, they deserved everything they got

Monarchy is not reactionary.

Edgy.
Meet your new Queen of Russia.