Who are some "authors" you can't stand?

JunkTop
JunkTop

Who are some "authors" you can't stand?
Camus
Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me. Awful.
Sartre
Even more awful than Camus.

Attached: 1519451733659.png (108 KB, 834x438)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Nailed it. The two worst and most criminal French "intellectual" writers.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I've got eight words for you: you're brainlets.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Dislike him.
Could have stopped there.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I tried to read L'Etranger but the perspective of the protagonist was so tryhard and fraudulent I was not bothered to finish the work, a non-entity indeed

MPmaster
MPmaster

This board's fascination with Nabokov's quips against other authors is so embarassing. Study those writers' work for yourselves. Or even Nabokov's. Something. Just pay attention to literature and not the social climbing and sniping, you fraudulent fucks.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

The absolute state of this poster. An ideal pseud. Passionately grieved and honest but of a maudlin kind

Bidwell
Bidwell

Sad!

iluvmen
iluvmen

Is there a pic like this for stirner yet?

Emberburn
Emberburn

I agree OP

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I have, Nabokov's opinions on writers are extremely accurate for the most part. The only one I disagree on is Dostoevsky

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

lol

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Anonymous 6
Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. Mediocre. Fakes realism with easy platitudes. Execrable.

Supergrass
Supergrass

You agree with him on Thomas Mann?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

This. Nabokov opinion on Thomas Mann is appalling

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Gay pedo

iluvmen
iluvmen

Don Delillo can't write for shit. White Noise is the most underwhelming "classic" I've ever had the indignity of reading

Skullbone
Skullbone

I am not your personal property.

Attached: grugstirner.png (14 KB, 467x391)

Flameblow
Flameblow

nor I

Attached: MAX-Stirner.jpg (106 KB, 500x600)

WebTool
WebTool

Shakespeare. Gibberish! Signifying nothing. A true genius would compose clear and simple sentences, eschewing obsolete words for the language of the time. Hark! Methinks he was a retard!

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Five minutes in paint

Attached: dfgjdghdgfh.png (80 KB, 753x800)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

That just looks like a regular Stirner drawing

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me. Awful.
Isn't this a Nabokov quote?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

The thing you have to understand about Nabokov's quips are that they're made in jest and to just attract attention to himself as a writer. What better way to get publicity than to criticize a famous writer as bad? Have you heard of Donal Trump? Looks like Ol' Donny reads the Nabby quite often.

Booteefool
Booteefool

At the time Nabokov made these statements he really wasn't in need of any more publicity.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

A man is always in need of more (you)s

Spamalot
Spamalot

make the brows meet and make them heavier.

Inmate
Inmate

He was a homosexual pedophile (and wrote a fictionalized version of that).

Methnerd
Methnerd

OPs entire post is taken from Nabokov's notes on other authors.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

literally the most accurate one
Never gonna make it

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

"Ol' Donny" would (rightfully) never give Nabakov the time of day. As an ESTP, he sees through Nabakov's INFJ pomposity

whereismyname
whereismyname

Stefan Zweig. Such a bigoted cuck w/ nothing interesting to say.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Redpill me on Zweig

TreeEater
TreeEater

Nabokov is textbook INFP, retard. I don't know or care about the Donald but you're probably wrong there too if you'd mistype Vlad like that.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I don't think Trump really knows how to read. Not illiteracy, but more extremely short attention span and absolute disinterest in literature. He speaks like a scrabble board that only allows two syllable words.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Nabokov is textbook INFP, retard.
Not that user but I don't see it. I'm an INFP and he seems INFJ by a mile.

this post
INFJ are one of the least pompous, because they're the least affected. And if anyone is seeing through other people, it's the INFJ. That's their prime raison. They have super stats for that shit.

askme
askme

Oscar Wilde, D.H. Lawrence, David Foster Wallace. I just can't do it

Firespawn
Firespawn

Dosto, Mann, Balzac, Pynchon, Cervantes

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit