Can anyone tell me about this hoplite statue?

Can anyone tell me about this hoplite statue?

I cannot seem to find any information or additional images of it

Never seen it before, or any statues like it.

I am curious too.

Huh you know I've only ever seen That statue from that picture

Just a shot in the dark, but is that supposed to be Pericles?

Interesting, you could probably pin down a pretty exact time period that was made. Although stereotypical, that breastplate and that helmet were largely of different times, and it would be uncommon to see them used at the same time. It's more likely that this isn't a classical sculpture, more something done later. That's all I can tell you though.

What are you talking about? You had these two at the same time. Since greek armor wasn't pretty similar throughout the years it wouldn't be that crazy to see the two together. Expecially since that corinthian helmet is an older design.

Plus here is the original which the sculpture was probably modeled after, so it could be a modern copy.

Do you have a provenance for that relief?

I think it's in the louvre or the British museum. Although the original date and place I have no idea. I've seen this one in my old textbooks but I don't have them anymore.

Alright thanks!

wouldn't mind knowing his workout schedule, nigga's ripped

Found it OP.

Pic related, from the British Museum.

Of course I forgot to attach the picture.

Thank you, I appreciate the help anons

I can't find GR 1780.0913.1 though, and I wish I could.

Riperino. Probably at the British museum as well. I often go to greece and it's not in any of the museums in Athens.

Well I found it.

Had to search for GR 1780,0913.1 (comma rather than period, fuck you Brits)

pic related
>CAPTCHA
Is a real address in my city wow.

Awesome. Now we just need to figure out where Op's pic comes from.

and information page

>probably

I love it

OP's pic is a copy. Roman, most likely, but maybe modern.

Since the original has no known sculptor, no confirmed origin (temple or building it was attached to), and I don't have a name for the type, I can't get any information.

If anybody knows the type name that would be great. I don't have access to an appropriate image database and none of these seem to be in any books I own.

It's renaissance arts. The structure of the sculpture and the large, powerful hands with muscular form give it away.

Bruh look at the original copy
It ain't from the renaissance