Define heaven, hell, and what they're like

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYVy7ggiLDg
youtube.com/watch?v=CLuUDrrP44k
youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI#t=2m42s
youtube.com/watch?v=dWvi_lD6_D4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heaven/Gehenna is the spiritual dimension which intersects with the material, but we are blind to it from sin. With more sensitivity to it, the more acutely you become aware of God permeating everything. This is increasingly blissful light if you love God, or increasingly tormenting fire if you hate him.

get that gay shit out of here. this is hell.

This.

God is inescapable. Your soul determines how you experience his all-consuming love.

Far out man.

They are places that do not exist.

>This is increasingly blissful light if you love God, or increasingly tormenting fire if you hate him.
>implying people can only love or hate something, with nothing in between

What an autistic way to view the world

Heaven is a place on Earth

Heaven: Escapist fantasy
Hell: Revenge fantasy

Damnit, Belinda.

This isn't far off by some of the more liberal schools of Christianity though, and by "liberal" I don't just mean those of the past century.

Dante, for instance, was accused of pushing for this ideal. ...And if you read between the lines of Dante's Inferno, you really get the impression that what he was describing in the various levels of Purgatory, Hell, and even Heaven, were not physical places of torment - but the state of mind the individuals who commit such sins tend to live in.

So yeah, maybe Heaven is a place on Earth - but so is Hell... And if you look around you, there are a lot more people in various states of mind that represent hell, than there are those who seem to be a blissful stasis of heaven.

Said outlook also fits in well with various Buddhist thoughts on the subject as well. Tie yourself too much to the Earthy pleasures and pursuits of the flesh, and it will take your mind, as it were.

...and even the staunchest atheist will admit these states of mind exist, and can be brought about by excesses such "sinful" behavior.

He explicitly said an ever increasing blissful light or an ever increasing tormenting fire.

So this is hell?

youtube.com/watch?v=AYVy7ggiLDg

(Keeping in mind that this guy, apparently, never sobered up, and died years later.)

Best explanation right here

youtube.com/watch?v=CLuUDrrP44k

Hell: Any inner city low economic neighborhood with high crime rate.

Then again, I think this was his last performance:
youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI#t=2m42s

Then again, this was his funeral:
youtube.com/watch?v=dWvi_lD6_D4

Fucking Dio man.

More or less agree with him that Hell is a state of being, not necessarily a place of fire and brimstone. But I'm of the school of thought that declaring Jesus divine defeats his entire message, and a lack of credit for divine works gives Christians no true motivation to think of future generations beyond the scope of their immediate children, so what the fuck do I know.

More apostasy from the religious. Quit turning your back on reality and accept that you can't know happiness until you embrace truth

Heaven is a paradise where all kind of ecstasy is received and enjoyed.

Hell is a place for demons to be tortured.

Why are demons tortured?

Example: Heheh, let's go to earth and pretend sexual varieties are a sin and enforce it with torture and laws, in the meantime we will have humans believing aberrations like loving your enemies (demons that want to kill and destroy them) so we can get them in trouble with the actual God.

Yeah, the bible has been fucked over.

dunno. never been there.

I don't think that's what construction workers talk about

Good,Bad

There are three heavens. The first is our atmo. The second is our universe. The third is the dimension where God and the angels currently reside.

There is an enormous construction project going on in heaven right now; the construction of the New Jerusalem, a satellite city 2/3 the size of the moon. It is the city you have heard things about; its gates are made of single pearls, its streets are transparent gold, its foundation is layered gems. It is the mountain of God.

And it is coming here, to our atmo, to our first heaven. When Jesus said He was leaving to build mansions for His believers, this is it. This glorious city/sun.

The earth will be lit from its peak, as God is light. The people on earth will be healed from the leaves of the tree of life. A river of life flows through it, watering the earth. The river is flanked by the trees of life, who give off their fruit each month. There is no sorrow there, nothing unholy is allowed through the gates. The riches of the world will be taken as tribute, and the Lord will rule the earth for a thousand years.

Hell, the second death, the final abode for the unbelieving, is described as the outer darkness, the lake of fire, Gehenna. An ever burning trash pit outside of Jerusalem writ large. Hell is currently devoid of citizens; the antichrist and his pope will be the first to be cast in.

Currently there is a two compartmented afterlife, very much as the Greeks depicted it. One side Paradise/Bosom of Abraham, the other side Torment. Hot and miserable, but tolerable. And a gulf between them so that none can cross over.

Everyone in Paradise left with Jesus to heaven almost 2000 years ago; Paradise is empty.

Hades/Sheol is populated by people waiting to be tried, who stand guilty already by reason of their unbelief, and will all be cast into the lake of fire when they fail to prove to God that they are as God is.

There is no purgatory.

This is the problem with modern scientism. It sees all profound musings on the spiritual dimension of life as just drug-induced nonsense.

I can assure you the great Church Fathers of old were above teenage stoners.

>Hades/Sheol is populated by people waiting to be tried, who stand guilty already by reason of their unbelief, and will all be cast into the lake of fire when they fail to prove to God that they are as God is.
So the final judgement will be a gigantic show trial?

To be honest I would guarantee that even today teenage stoner know more about the world than so called fathers of church.

Yes, demanded by the defendants to show God that by their use of the knowledge of good and evil, they are as He is.

Which is what their father, satan, promised them.

I thought you said you were going to be honest.

They probably aren't real.

Live your life as though they are.

Why would I need to do that?

>Which is what their father, satan, promised them.
How are they supposed to know what satan promised them if many of them weren't there when he made the promise or know anything about the original story.
Many of them probably just think some god/gods created us out of the nose of a dead giant or something.

Because you're facing the possibility of an infinitely negative terminal condition.

I don't know how satan's network disseminates data. I just know that people all over the world try to do good, and avoid evil, and thus be "good people".

Don't underestimate thousand years of accumulated knowledge of all humanity.

Your generation cannot tell men from women.

What if you go into hell only if you live your life as if it was real? It is also a possibility. Shouldn't risk here.

Fuck off christain, fuccbois are top-tier.

God is pretty weak if he can't stop that, don't you agree?

You can think that's a likely outcome if you choose.

Of course it can silly user.

>Hell: Existence
>Heaven: Non-existence.

Who said He cannot stop it?

Why wouldn't he stop it?

People go to hell because of it and he won't do anything.
Dohe want people to go to hell?

Because in His permissive will, free will moral agents are still choosing to believe in Him.

That opportunity is precious.

No, it is not His will that any should go to hell, but that everyone believe in Jesus.

Of course He knows who will and who won't, and has from before the beginning.

Do you want to go to hell?

Except opportunity would be here anyway so your logic have no sense.

No, it won't always be here. It's almost over. This Age is almost finished.

> It is not His will that any should go to hell
It isn't like everyone going to hell by their own choice. So they all went here according to God's will.

> almost finished
Yeah... Like capitalistic system is almost collapsed under the truth of dialectic materialism.

It's absolutely that they are going there by their own choice.

Everyone in hell chose hell over heaven.

No, like the globalists are about to sweep into power.

Everything is happening as the bible said it would.

*nods respectfully towards you*

There is zero mentions of globalists in bible.

> Everyone in hell chose hell over heaven.
God forces anyone who changes their choice to stay in Hell. It is a law that he created.

Give Mom a hug Sunday for raising you properly.

Daniel 7
23 “Thus he said:

‘The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.

Revelation 16:14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

The instant you die you are resurrected in one of two bodies; a body unto shame and destruction in hell, or a body unto glory and life in heaven.

You choose, in this life, which resurrection you will take part in.

Once you die, there is no second chance.

Heaven -
>place for good people
>really good place

Hell
>place for bad people
>really not that good of a place. Bad.

Nope.

Heaven
>Place for the living.

Hell
>Place for the dead.

There are no good people; only God is good. By saying you are a good person, you are saying you are like God.

Good luck proving that to God.

>Once you die, there is no second chance.
Because God forces everyone to stay in hell as I said before. He can give everyone second chance but doesn't want to.

Who tf is God sounds like a dick

> Good luck proving that to God.
This is trivial thing to do. List all your properties or abilities. By definition God could held them all. So you are like God. Q.e.d.

Because reality.

Maybe start dealing with reality. There is no place in heaven for the dead. The dead are separated from God by choice.

Which is why you're asking God to keep Himself away from you, which He will.

And now God lists all of His properties and abilities.

Which of them can you match?

None, can't match what doesn't exist.

Good luck maintaining that illusion.

> Because reality.
Reality is a set of laws created by God. Do you really need to prove my position third time?

Same to you, friend.

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."

If anything religion proven that you doesn't really need that much luck to maintain absurd illusions.

No, you don't. Because you don't comprehend that it's literally impossible to have living dead people. No matter how much power God has, paradoxes are not accomplished with power.

You would just be better off playing the hand you're dealt, rather than whining at the dealer.

You are the guy who said that heaven isn't created yet right? So I have a question about that. Does that mean that if someone died and went to hell/hades the place that is miserable but tolerable and while they were there regretted their decision could they not pray to God, or ask forgiveness durring the trial at the end to avoid the lake of fire?

Correct. Jesus told a story exactly about this very situation in Luke 16. The certain rich man and the beggar.

This is what the rich man, in Hades, said to Abraham, and Abraham's response:

"And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

“Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’

Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’

And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’

But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

Jesus rose from the dead, and yet many are not persuaded.

> paradoxes are not accomplished with power
God created literally all of the rules. If there exists a possible contradiction then God willed it to be a problem for him. Paradox is merely self-imposed, if you remembers that rules behind it derived from God's will and choice anyway.

To be fair those that actually saw him rise from the dead were persuaded, seeing is believing. Also that rich man isn't in the lake of fire. And it does sound like he does not want to choose the lake of fire and would prefer paradise. And aparently hell isn't seperated from God since you can still talk to him. So why can't you repent after you die, but before the final judgement? It seems cruel to let everyone there wait knowing that they will get a show trial then get the worst punishment ever. I mean the least that God could do is just get it over with and send them to the lake of fire now, to avoid having to wait centuries/millenia of dread knowing your fate.

At this point I can only hope you are being obtuse on purpose.

I have no clue why you care about God making the rules when you're not even attempting to follow them. Any of them. And you're letting your pardon go to waste.

Because the instant you die you are either resurrected unto shame and destruction in a body designed to survive hell forever, or you are resurrected unto glory to live with God forever.

That transformation is permanent. It is Life v Death. The living go on with God into eternity; the dead go on without God into eternity.

Instead of "Why can't God....." maybe a "Why don't I....." is in order.

But thats not true. You can get kicked out of heaven/paradise into hell. It happened to Lucifer if you tried to usurp God you'd get your ass kicked down into the fire. So if someone truly repents and asks for mercy BEFORE a verdict is actually given at the final judgement I think they should be given some clemancy, and not sent into the fire.

Nice fucking job asshole, the fucking autist is here.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE FAGGOT. JUST FUCKING LOOK AT THIS SHIT

>2016
>people still believe in Christianity

Literally why? If your autism compels you to be religious, be a deist. There is literally no excuse for following any modern organized religion.

Satan was an angel, not a transformed new creation in Christ Jesus. There is no plan of salvation for any angel.

And there didn't need to be any for any humans, either.

I'll just show you what the bible says, because saying the same thing over and over and over again is kind of insane:

John 3
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Before the trial begins, you stand condemned.

Jesus rose from the dead after claiming to be God.

>checked

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.

No, he didn't.

The only thing your posting on here in response to the rather complex moral conflicts present in the idea of omnibenevolent + omnipotent deity have done is to convince me that if your deity actually did exist he would be the worst and most terrible tyrannical monster to ever exist.

Nice job you faggot, I now hate a fictional character.

>evidence required

Also, even if you had indisputable evidence that he died and then came back to life, that proves he or someone in his time period had some kind of magic - not that he's god.

Of course He did.

No actually he really didn't, because magic powers don't actually exist in the real world and the only evidence you have to the contrary is a holy book of dubious accuracy and merit.

I follow every rule that created by God. I just ignore homerules that created by bunch of memers under his name. That is totally is optional.

No, he didn't.

Glad I could clarify things for you. In addition, God is not "omnibenevolent", whatever that might be.

Jesus is God.

He did. Actually.

Does he really rose from the dead? Maybe he just fabricated one. Who registered his death anyway?

You just lied. Sorry for your luck.

You can't kill a God.

He did, literally rise from the dead and walking out of His tomb, on the third day as prophesied by Him.

The Roman execution squad that stabbed a spear into His heart.