Any legit pagans here? I need help making contact with the gods

Any legit pagans here? I need help making contact with the gods.

Other urls found in this thread:

odroerirjournal.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You might find help here
not even trolling

I guess I'll suck up my pride then and accept I'm one of the wackos.

>legit pagans
They don't exist.

ayy, as long as you don't hurt anybody and aren't pushy your fine in my book.

I'm a Yoruba pagan

What do you seek, my oyinbo friend?

Well my practices tend to the European side of things so I'm not sure how much you can help me, especially as I know nothing of your tradition but I have felt a calling for some time but when I pray I have trouble connecting with the gods and feeling their presence, much less real world effects.

>Unironically calling yourself a Pagan

Have you tried dying in battle?

>I need help making contact with the gods.
Don't. They're fucking assholes.

At the end of the day there's only one God

But it manifests itself in all of reality

The trees, the sun, the moon, animals, fungi, everything

The gods are a laughing child, a crackling stream, the whispering winds, all of it

People especially in the west fail to take the time out to appreciate the world around us.

Your best bet is to leave something like food or alcohol out for the spirits of your ancestors

Hindu here
Which gods do you seek?

I speak of the gods by their Æsir-Vanir names (Odin, Freya, Thor, Frigg, etc.)

>Yoruba pagan

Now that is one I have not heard of so far. Most of the pagans here tend to all be Asatru or another European group.

Can you please tell me a little bit about what you believe? I'm genuinely interested.

>legit European pagans existing after 1500

lol

>Any legit pagans here?
none unless there are Hindus on
also """""paganism""""" is broad as all hell

in Iceland they did
even in the censuses since they began there's always been a small "other" of Norse traditional faithfuls

Well fortunately for us, Christian and Muslim influence was negligible until the middle 20th century so at least 1 in 9 or 10 of us is a pagan

We believe in one God called Olorun, sometimes called Olodumare (owner of heads AKA where the soul is)

He made the overall universe and then fucked off to ignore us all, leaving the Orishas to be the stewards of the world.

The Orishas number about 400 and are basically angels/lower gods.

We think people have 3 souls.

Olori is the head soul and functions like a sort of guardian angel. A persons Olori guides them in life and helps us use our spiritual and physical strengths to the best of our ability. We offer it oil and chicken blood in return for luck sometimes. Olori is a part of a person's inner personality.

Ipin ijeun is the stomach soul. We don't pay it much mind because the stomach soul gets offerings EVERY DAY.

Ipori is the big toe spirit, and protects you before going on a journey.

The heart or ghost-soul is what makes you conscious. And it's the ghost-soul which leaves at death. When we die we go to Ipo-oku, the world of the dead. If your soul becomes lost or overly attached to something on earth it is at risk of being devoured by evil spirits, turned into an evil spirit, or cast into the burning world.

Sometimes people in the world of the dead reincarnate back into the family, or as animals. Dead people become vastly more powerful but mostly go on with their new lives in the afterlife. Ipo-Oku is like earth but the weather is always perfect, everything is beautiful, work isn't hard, and food is everywhere.

The world was created when Obatala came to earth on a golden chain carrying a bag of sand, a cock, and a white kitten.

Obatala scattered the sand above the ocean to make land, and the chicken spread the land. The kitten was just a pet.

Then the other Orishas came down and found the jungle was too thick to cross. So Ogun (smith) chopped it down, building a city called Ile-Ife on it.

>Mfw this post
Absolutely Kufr

Sounds off the hook. Thanks for sharing.

Didn't the Yoruba basically convert to Islam via proxy due to its proximity to Sokoto? Also, does Voodoo actually find its origins in Yoruba tradition or is that just pure speculation?

Bring it on, Fulani scum

You're only fit to touch cows

Are you actually Nigerian or am I being memes on right now?

Nah, it was mostly Nupe and Hausa missionaries and traders

We had 0 respect for the fula "caliphs n shieet"

Other bunch became Christian because of white men in the south

Vodun is Yoruba religion with all the names changed

Think Greco-Roman mythology

It's only when you hit Twi speaking territory that things change completely. Those blokes think a Spider made the world and plays tricks on everybody.

Yes

Is it true that everyone is still bitter as fuck about Biafra and the civil war? My freinds from Lagos and he says people still bring it up and it basically triggers the fuck out of everyone when they do.

It's like that Polanball comic

>Baba we're learning about the Hausa today
>DE HAUSA, YOU SAY?
>My son...let me tell you about the Hausa
>DEY ARE DE FOOOKING DEVIL!!
>DEY RAPED! DEY KILLED! DEY LOOTED! DEY HUMILIATED DE GLORIOUS IGBO NATION!!

Meanwhile...in Kano

>Baba, we're learning about the war in Biafra
>lol who cares?

Here, I hope it helps you

>>Any legit pagans here? I need help making contact with the gods.
A secular history&humanities board really can't help you with this all that much, that said odroerirjournal.com/

I dunno if they can help you make contact with your gods or what have you, but this should at least help you look in the right direction for that.

>norse faggots even shit on their precious shittified version of germanic paganism
muh ancestors didn't die in an attempt to protect irminsul so that Sven could use it as a dildo

there isn't any. last legit germanic pagans lived and died hundreds of years ago. modern day "pagans" are just muh heritage-larpers or some black metal weirdos suffering from alcoholic delirium. and it's good just as it is, it's a dead religion and it should stay so.

>>last legit germanic pagans
You don't get to decide who's religious beliefs are legit or not.

>it's a dead religion
Not anymore.

and it should stay so.
No it shouldn't.

If we're going to have people seriously worshipping a dead jewish dissident from palestine as the so-called son of god long after such beliefs had become non-credible for people with functioning brains, I see no reason why "heathens" shouldn't do their thing either.

I honestly don't give a fuck about what kind of deity one worships. But what annoys me are the "muh heritage" fags, that want to embrace the tradition of their "ancestors".

only reason why anyone would worship abrahamic god either is that they're grown into a religious muslim/christian/jewish culture. such is not the case with some edgylarper who has listened too much burzum and drank too much moonshine.

This is true to a certain extent, but converts still exist.

>>such is not the case with some edgylarper who has listened too much burzum and drank too much moonshine.
This is just pointless and stupid insults because you don't like a given group.

This is wrong apparently

seriously, tell me one good reason why anyone SHOULD "convert" to a religion that nobody has believed in for a thousand years and that nobody really knows anything about. they're all either larpers that don't really believe in anything or actually mentally ill.

Because they feel like the teachings and trappings of the religion resonate with them. The fact that it's not entirely in line with how it was practiced 1,000 years ago is irrelevant and I don't see why it would. Modern Christianity is also very different from what it was centuries ago, and you know, there were initial converts to Christianity too. Were they all also larpers and mentally ill?

If your a believer in the old gods don't call yourself by a christian smear word, there is most definitely a name for your regional variation of the gods. Also paganism isn't like christianity, prayer isn't just getting on your knees and talking hoping that someone will hear you, offer libations and do things to honor the gods and in your times of need they should help without you even asking. Remembe though that the old gods follow a kind of xartus or way of the universe and they do what is just not in a human sense but in accordance with a greater will that may not always seem just to humans. Also don't try to ever meet/summon a god in the physical realm, 9.99/10 your gonna get what can be best compared to a demon. If you want to divine things for yourself try the astral plane, some people think its just lucid dreaming but best case scenario you divine some external truths worse case it is just lucid dreaming and your divining truth internally from the subconscious.

Take mushrooms or DMT. The gods will commune with you.

>there were initial converts to Christianity too. Were they all also larpers and mentally ill?
it's completely different. christianity made sense back then. even the most learned men didn't know much better of how the world works. in modern days there is no real reason to convert to anything. only ones that do are uneducated and/or uncivilized and seek the understanding from something that is somewhat familiar to them, so it's basically either christianity or islam. i'm not saying that it's right either but at least it's somewhat understandable.

Christ, and I thought the Christians on here were fucking crazy

The humanities side of Veeky Forums is mostly a pack of role-playing faggots with the occasional legit mentally ill person.

>>seriously, tell me one good reason why anyone SHOULD "convert" to a religion that nobody has believed in for a thousand years

Because it appeals to them, there is no other reason and they don't need another.

>>they're all either larpers that don't really believe in anything or actually mentally ill.
You're just insulting people you don't like because you think it's funny. I do that too, and I'm no religious person, but these "larpers" aren't the problem we have on this board right now.

Be upset at the christian preachers for constantly coming in here and trying to convert people and shitting up any and all discussions of their religion with their autisms.