Hulu Orders Neanderthal Drama

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hulu-orders-neanderthal-drama-pilot-891078?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR Breaking News_2016-05-05 13:30:00_lgoldberg&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews
MAY 05, 2016

Hulu Orders Neanderthal Drama Pilot From 'Without a Trace' Creator

Hank Steinberg and 'Black Hawk Down's' Ken Nolan will oversee 'Dawn,' from MGM TV.

Hulu is ready to turn its lens on prehistoric times.

The streaming service has handed out a pilot order to Dawn, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The project, from Without a Trace creator Hank Steinberg and Black Hawk Down's Ken Nolan, is described as an epic drama set in prehistoric times. It follows a tribe of Neanderthals as they struggle to survive and hold on to their own way of life after coming into contact with a family of Homo Sapiens. At the intersection of evolution and genocide, Dawn asks the fundamental question: What does it mean to be human?

A co-production between MGM and Hulu, Steinberg and Nolan created the drama and will executive produce. Robert Stromberg (Maleficent, Avatar, Alice in Wonderland) will direct the pilot. Production is scheduled to begin Monday in Ireland. The potential series will be made up of an international cast, withFola Evans Akingbola, Temuera Morrison, Carl Shaaban and Matthew Hopkinsonin final negotiations to star.

Looks like they’re going to cast Black people (and Boba Fett, a Maori) as the Neanderthals, when Africans are the only race that does not carry Neanderthal DNA.

Can’t find a pic for Matthew Hopkinson (too many hits) but I’m guessing he’ll be the evil White Homo Sapien who oppresses them…

>The potential series will be made up of an international cast, with Fola Evans Akingbola

> Temuera Morrison

> Carl Shaaban

>Steinberg

Black africans have Neanderthal DNA due to a Stone Age back-migration

It's common knowledge

That doesn't change the fact that Neanderthals were whiter than a Norwegian eating Wonder Bread in the Artic.

Forgot to mention, that isn't common knowledge at all. You and I know this, but most people on this board are ignorant on that.

These are probably the Homo sapiens, as neanderthals were light skinned, light haired and blue or green eyed (mostly).

Weak bait is weak

Well, at least the northern ones were. The ones more to the south had darker features.

>neanderthals
>apefaces

When will Hollywood fucking get it right? They were more like IRL Tolkein dwarfs.

Not quite but close.

We WUZ Neanderthal n shit

>white people genocided neanderthals to get europe
>europe doesn't belong to europeans in the same way america belonds to native americans or africa belongs to africans
well played Steinberg

>dwarfs

they weren't really that much shorter than humans if at all

When it'll come out I'll ask certain Australian Neanderthal if it's accurate.

She's gonna be Homo Sapiens. That look has nothing to do with Neanderthals.

He was talking about their faces.

They weren't white when they came to Europe user.

>casting black people as Neanderthals

Well, that's weird.

Fucking humans get OUT!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no they weren't. that's just eurocentric pseudo-science. you see what you want to see.

>Soft
>Tissue
>Reconstruction

>someone thought this was real

>Looks like
>I'm guessing
looks like confirmation bias to me