Veeky Forums 4cc thread

Page: implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums

>Veeky Forums cup?
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page

Our first cup, the Spring Babby (implyingrigged.info/wiki/2016_Veeky Forums_Spring_Babby_Cup) starts tomorrow! Our first match will be the sixth match of the day, against Veeky Forums at 3:30 Eastern or 12:30 Pacific.

How many goals will >H>R>E score?

>against Veeky Forums
Oh wow, I suspect some rivalry between the /phil/ boards will come about?

>Veeky Forums
>scores
>once

LETS GOOOOOOOOO

Where can I watch Veeky Forums's matches?

what a shit team with shit names. you just disregarded our suggestions for names and went on with your shitty unfunny ones. shitposting cossack? give me a fucking break.

will not watch until you update names with the suggestions we gave you in your previous threads

so excited! make us proud!

These were poll winners

the polls were handled in the worst way with a retarded inside joke as a question that you needed to answer first. i bet you no one wants shitposting cossack instead of names like maginot line for a CB or byzaboo

>i bet you no one wants shitposting cossack instead of names like maginot line for a CB or byzaboo
I do

explain to me what is the origin of "shitposting cossack". i have been on Veeky Forums since the beginning, and also on Veeky Forums before that so i know of their jokes too.

it feels like some idiot who doesn't even visit here wanted a Veeky Forums cup team for himself, and he was the first one to jump when Veeky Forums was created. he has no idea what kind of threads are here and he thinks his shitty gaius and aulus jokes are funny.

here is a rundown of the shitty names

gaius/aulus - literally no one cares. not funny and no one posts about them. probably the retard owner of the team learned about it and thinks it is funny
#TRENCHFOOT - what??
Finnic Jedi Knights - haha so le random xD does he hold a spork? xDDDD
GAULED - shit name
Charlememe - haha i added "meme" to a known historical figure
Black Hannibal - ???
Shitposting Cossack - ???????
Empire for Sale - ????

literally kill yourselves and dont expect us to watch/cheer for you. you are not even from this board

A majority of the names aren't memes or even somewhat regularly used terms here. Some autist probably just forced his dumb joke name to the top.

Gaius and Aulus are from graffiti at Pompeii

gaius/aulus is funny and i voted for it. you've seen the grafitti page.
#trenchfoot is from that test page asking students to write social media updates like they were from WWI
Finnic Jedi Knights were involved in the Hyper War, which is a well-documented and popular subject on this board
GAULED is a dumb meme, yes, but i understand it, it's a joke and i can accept that
Charlememe yeah i'm not going to defend either that or
Black Hannibal, but
Shitposting Cossack is a Veeky Forums regular. He makes things interesting
Empire For Sale is from that one image of Antiochus or whoever it was fucking up big time in battle

I mean they're not perfect but don't work yourself up over it, we're a new board, this is our first cup. We don't have any base of memes to draw from other than our few months. There's nothing wrong with letting people be excited, and there's nothing wrong with not liking the names. If the team doesn't change for the better after this, we can all complain together until the manager listens or we get a new one. But for what it's worth from me, I think they've done a splendid job so far, especially compared to some of the complete shit-shows some other boards try to hype up as their teams.

I know I'm legitimately hyped about ours.

It's really strange that our names seem to ignore the humanities side of the board, even though that shitfest is a majority of the activity here.

I've unfortunately found they aren't as quick to laugh at themselves. Plus Veeky Forums was already the domain of philosophy shitposting. I don't know, what are some Veeky Forums humanities things to name players with? Like Demiurge or something, I can't think of anything fun

>Diogenes
>>Spooks

>no names mention carthage
it must be destroyed

Just please don't the religionfriends swarm over the team

Pretty much this. Our roster is quite good, considering that it basically had to appear from thin air.

Many other boards also have some pretty crap rosters. And don't even get me started on boards like /out/, whose team is the pet-project of one autist and who have no 4cc culture. At least we're passionate about our team.

>Empire For Sale is from that one image of Antiochus or whoever it was fucking up big time in battle
And here was I thinking it was about the title of eastern roman emperor getting sold around after the empire fell.

Speaking of rosters, with all the 4th crusade shitflinging in this board we really need a player themed after it. It certainly is more Veeky Forums related than that hyperwar bullshit which was an /int/ meme to begin with.

I'm surprised Perfidious Albion wasn't chosen for the team, always gets a small laugh out of me on Veeky Forums

Shit dude you need to chill out, the names are fine for ones that had to be thrown together for a board that's barely a few months old.

Maybe you just hate fun.

>Perfidious Albion
Eternal anglo would be better.

I'd take either honestly, feel like they're common enough jokes to be accepted by most Veeky Forumstorians

Perfidious Albion is more /int/ imo.

But yeah, >eternal anglo in place of >spooks (since Veeky Forums already took that) would be nice.

Mosley is already in there

That's the main problem here, most of our memes are from /int/, /pol/, or Veeky Forums. We have very few completely original memes.

We're a young board of emigres, they'll happen eventually.

>taking Veeky Forums cup that seriously

>retarded inside joke as a question that you needed to answer first

Every team does this to stop shitposters from /4ccg/ infiltrating the vote

We already have a few common arguments that might be used for player names.
Like, Enrico Dandolo for all the 4th crusade/massacre of the latins shitflinging.
Or something about the roman-persian conflicts, since they cause just as much shitflinging as the roman-german ones and we have >muh legions.
We also routinely have three kingdoms threads, so maybe something related to that too.