Old Photos

I'm doing to dump a bunch of photos of 19th/early 20th century cities and towns in Asia/Africa before they were Westernized/Modernized.

Post other kinds of old photos if you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7WcnTeeU3VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Delhi after the 1858 rebellion.

Amritsar, less than a decade after the fall of the Sikh Empire.

Cairo under the Ali Khedivate.

Ottoman Aleppo.

Qajar Kashan.

I wish I had friends.

Tokyo

I bump. I think this is amazing. Original impressions from 150 years ago make my dick go hard.

I'll post a few more then.

This is some weird slave-hunting tribe in Nias, off the coast of Sumatra. I'm not sure of the year.

Kumasi, in Ghana, after the town's sacking.

Some stuff from modern Uzbekistan

Mali

that stone mound in the back for this weird stone jumping sport they do, still practiced today

youtube.com/watch?v=7WcnTeeU3VM

These next three are a panorama

care to elaborate?

Cool. I love how they still have the traditional houses instead of demolishing them like everywhere else.

from a layman's perspective, could you say that is japan in it's "original" state?

they jump 2 meter stones for fun

Another part of the city.

By 1897 Japan was pretty heavily modernized, that street is I guess is just from a more 'traditional' part of the city. I'd assume it's a lot like what earlier 19th or 18th century places might have looked like.

Felice Beato's photos from the 1860s are probably the most 'authentic', since they mostly pe-date the Meiji period.

funny, they dont look weird, they look strangely generic

>great city of samarkand
>pretty cool bro in civ5
have they been wrecked by some war in 1871?

That's just about everything.

Central Asia was kind of shitty after the Silk Road lost importance. Those dried-brick structures tend to just fall apart if they aren't maintained properly.

Most of those buildings have been restored or rebuilt now.

Ol' Hickory, circa 1845