Americans always get ridiculously buttblasted and triggered over the burning of their precious White House...

Americans always get ridiculously buttblasted and triggered over the burning of their precious White House, to the amusement of others.

They always claim Canada and Canadians can never have any claim in the matter, just because their nationalism and pride is too strong to let their far more peaceful, safe, and socially successful neighbour nation have any say. However Americans fall flat here. They claim that the entire event was done by the British, which it was, done so by the veterans of the Napoleonic Wars who were now turning their attention to smash the shit out of America.

But what Americans always fail to realize is that those British soldiers, mostly of English stock, were fighting for the same flag as that which flew in the colonies of Upper and Lower Canada. The soldiers of those colonies were a part of the exact same military as that of Great Britain. Entirely identical, for it was the exact same army up until after the Second World War (as many Canadian troops quite literally fought directly under British brigades and leadership in both wars). Those British soldiers, and the people of Britain of mostly English stock would go on to settle Canada in mass colonization following the War of 1812 and the Napoleonic Wars.

If the majority of Canadians are descended from British Isles people, the vast majority of whom came to Canada after 1815, then how can Americans say that Canadians get no claim in burning down their beloved Black House?

I myself had an English great grandmother who moved to Canada before the First World War with her parents. She died in 1998, and had held me in her arms. Full-blood English woman. She'd get claim to the Brits burning down the White House - why wouldn't her descendants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=50_iRIcxsz0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Canadas only notable achievement apart from catching fire

Im canadian and no one here gives a shit about the war of 1812 lol

Let me guess Mr. Canadian, you're "white" too, aren't you?

Canadians are faggot lol

Why in the fuck would Americans today hold a grudge about such shit? Ridiculous. 2/10 for obviousness.

This stuff belongs at int

They do.

>Americans always get ridiculously buttblasted and triggered over the burning of their precious White House, to the amusement of others.

No, they don't. It's Canadians who think that burning down a 20 year old building is impressive.

The Canadians burnt it down yeah. It's a shame we didn't free them as the 14th state during our rebellion but eh they're the best neighbors you could ask for.

Doesn't matter, canada didn't exist when this event occured and you might want to remember that the "canadian" capital got razed to the fucking ground long before this happened.

>They always claim Canada and Canadians can never have any claim in the matter

Because they can't. It was fucking Britain. I'm not even American, but Canada factually didn't exist as a country until 1931 (or 1982, whichever you prefer). That's like talking about Belgium or Ukraine in the early middle ages.

> Another country burns your capital.
You mean to tell me people dont get butt blasted.

>Americans always get ridiculously buttblasted and triggered over the burning of their precious White House
No we don't, this thread is retarded

>Canadians burnt down the white house

>Canada and Canadians can never have any claim in the matter, just because their nationalism and pride is too strong to let their far more peaceful, safe, and socially successful neighbour

>Socially successful
>Literally on the verge of a migrant rape orgy habbening

The Canadians I mean. It's a migrant safe haven

It was a tie
t. Canadian

we all fall down sometimes

what matters is how high you stand back up

Idk, on the West coast literally nobody ever talks about 1812 and I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of people have completely forgotten it ever happened.

Nobody cares about the War of 1812.
The Canadians don't care, the Americans don't care, the Brits don't care. It was a silly war that changed absolutely nothing externally. Honestly, both Canada and the US came out stronger and the Brits didn't see anything significant change one way or another.

Some British ships came up to DC and burned down the White House, apparently a few Canuk militiamen were with them, and then they sailed south, attacked a fort, failed, left, and the US got a cool song out of it.

It's such a strange war for so many reasons.
On the high seas and in the Great Lakes the Americans kicked the shit out of the Brits, on land the militia just refused to fight and the American "regulars" were a small handful of "soldiers" that weren't much better than the militia.
Until Jackson takes a bunch of slaves, pirates and yeomen and slaughters a significantly larger force of elite Redcoats. After the War was officially over.

We don't though. Literally every 1812 thread on Veeky Forums or /int/ goes
>yeah Brits probably would have kicked our shit in if they weren't busy with Boney
>basically stalemate
>wew New Orleans
>(rare:) discussion of naval aspect, which is kind of a shame because we did best there really
And then a Canadian comes in and starts shit about the White House, assuming he didn't start the thread with it, and we get the cycle of
>lol u mad
>no, not particularly
>yea see look how mad you are

youtube.com/watch?v=50_iRIcxsz0

Where? I live in downtown Toronto, haven't seen any noticeable increase in brown people. Our govenment has been bringing them over as family units and then dispersing them throughout the country so they can't cling together and form communities that become ghettos

>yfw pic related happened

>George Cockburn

My man,