When will scientism die?

When will scientism die?

When edgy /pol/theists like you start volunteering in a soup kitchen

So probably never

Not for a long time. Unfortunately it is still on the uptrend

Why do fedora-atheists always play Wizards in D&D? Magic isn't real.

Whenever people stop putting warning stickers on biology books.

>>scientism
>>using this term earnestly

I wish peopleyou would metaphysically fuck off and get fucked by your waifu plato

D&D isn't real either.

Why wouldn't they? They can still find it enjoyable.

It's like "Darwinism" or "Evolutionism".

I wonder is "religionism" a buzzword too? "Jesusism"?

>christfags need trigger warnings on books they don't agree with

Truly SJWism 0.1

stop having fun you fedora neckbeard

>Christianism
>Judaism
>Islamism

>Superstitionism

post Diogenes memes

Christians invented trigger warnings, or content warnings.

Their both moralizers who feel the world needs to confirm to their vision of a moral society. Even though they are on different sides of the political map they come from the same impulse to control the thoughts and behavior of others

I wish I'd shaved the comic from Veeky Forums, but the basic point is that wizards appeal as self-insert characters for nonathletic nerds who think that their brains will conquer all their problems and make those popular kids suffer one of these days. Except that they don't know how to actually use brains, they just make characters with 20 INT and use the broken magic system to autowin.

It doesn't help that the D&D dev team is made up of people like Mike Mearls, who were those bullied nerds and now physically recoil whenever someone points out that nearly every culture idealizes heroes who were strong and courageous, and not bitches in robes.

Depends on how you view magic.
You'd be surprised at what you can do with voodoo.

Yeah, why can't they just stop and accept your beliefs about how people should express their morals as a guideline for how they should act?

People generally play wizards because they dont want to choose a specific skill set and a lot of spells are situational

I like situational. Hitting stuff with your sword is boring.

>Hitting stuff with your sword is boring

This is exactly what I was talking about, with spells replacing brains. You don't have to be creative with how your superhuman character (and D&D characters are superhuman, with stats far above demihuman averages), you can just pull a spell out of the book and throw it at the problem.

At least in 2e you had to actually work from a tiny number of spells chosen by the GM, so you had to be creative if you wanted Tenser's Floating Disc to do anything but replace a hireling, but people complained about that and wizards became gods.

When will historianism?

Warrior classes can be interesting if you have good DM

It's just that back in the 90's, I played wizard or spellsword classes because the only dms I played with where boring and unimaginative, I found playing a magic user enabled me to be more situation with these people. These days I only play in worlds that are low magic i.e. magic users and items/spells are ridiculously rare.

>nearly every culture idealizes heroes who were strong and courageous, and not bitches in robes.

Yes because there was never a culture that idealized and venerated wisdom. And there were never any gods of knowledge / wisdom either.

can some one explain the "arguing over the existence of god at the thanksgiving dinner" meme? is it a green text? either way my sides are in orbit

I believe this is some American meme, like the Superbowl and shitting your pants in Walmart

Whats that? most historians realize they are working within certain epistemological limits.

There were gods of wisdom and clever heroes, but they weren't the stereotypical wizard of D&D; the Raistlins with their bloody cough and sneering Machiavellian mastery over the world. Heroes like Odysseus were smart, but they didn't just magic their way out of their problems; the solved them by thinking, then being brave, strong, and skilled warriors.

The classic Thanksgiving of Americana involves bringing in all your relatives, then saying grace and thanking God for His love and blessings this year. Inevitably, when you make the circle big enough, you end up with edgy teen atheists who are incapable of just sitting quietly and thinking about how they enjoy having sex with cartoon ponies while the rest of the family prays, they have to make a big deal about how saying grace is retarded and this doesn't do anything and muh bronze age sky spaghetti monster.

Here's the comic.

Judaism is the official term tho.

The distinction won't be necessary after it kills off all the competition

>When will scientism die?
When you can explain physical phenomena with something else.

Good luck figuring out your percent yield in your freshman chem class by screaming IT'S ALL BASED ON METAPHYSICS HAHA DIE SCIENTISM KEKS