ITT We post what we believe are our country's greatest heroes

ITT We post what we believe are our country's greatest heroes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Italy?
Spain?
The Papacy?

Italy.

Tiocfaidh ar la

What's so special/notable about Cesare Borgia?

greatest slav ever

I feel like we gotta be proud of the moments in history where we were the "bad guy"

>not based D'Annunzio

this desu

This triggers Johnny Reb.

For real though, Washington is one of the few people in history that the more I read about him, the more I respect him.

Skanderbeg.

It's because you're a poof

Hi Serbia.

Serbia? Far from. Skanderbeg is Albania's national hero, mind you.

A counter-argument

lmao lee was 10x the general grant was. Stonewall Jackson > than any union general.

>glorified cheerleader
>hero
>not Charlemagne or Robespierre

>charlemagne
>french

>robespierre

>implying it isn't ole Boney

For Italy or Spain?

because both have several heroes more based (and actually succeeded in their plains).

>5 out of 10 Americans disagree

The Borgias were trying to, at the very least, bring Italy into their influence. They were the first to see Italy as more then a geographic area.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

My hero

Maybe this guy
I'm embarrassed about knowing little of Australian cultural icons compared to some countries

Came to post this

Shame his legacy has been tainted by Chavistas.

I'm gonna go with Arthur Currie.

Both Lincoln and Washington faced situations where they could wield unprecedented power.
Both are fucking badass.

I always thought that was an awesome picture of him too. He a real 'don't fuck with me' look about it.

He really looks like a soldier's soldier.

This guy.

Awarded two separate Victoria Crosses for his actions in WWII. His citations read like something out of a video game.

FUCKING SICK CUNT!!!!!

Accept no substitute

>Robespierre
>being close to any form of success or competence

When in reality

My. Fucking. Nigger.

You guys must be uploading the wrong files.

There was many of them, but this one was always my favourite!

Oh God fuck yeah!!!

But in reality..

>gustav vasa
>hero

What is it with the last interesting kings dying like bitches?

>Gustavus Adolphus: Separated from his men in battle, thrown from his horse, murdered, stripped, left in a ditch

>Carolus Rex: Shot in the head while inspecting a siege camp

>Gustav III: Shot in back at masquerade, continued to rule for a couple days of suffering before he died

>Evola
he ruined the pic

One brought a nation together, the other oversaw it's disunion... One turned down the allure of royalty and the other assumed the mantle of tyrant.

>this triggers the separatist

He had some good moments.I took this picture from some exibition,i am not sure but i think CasaPound organised it.

IT'S 1980!!

8.5/10

Just because his wife ruined his son doesn't mean that Pierre was a great leader.

Wasnt****

Going to have to go for Edward Carson myself, even if he wasn't born in the six counties.

Even as a Unionist, it is impossible to not love the The Big Fella

>Collins
He was pretty fucking based, but I think we're leaving someone important out.

>Brazil
>Not always bad guys
K, senpai.

>He was pretty fucking based, but I think we're leaving someone important out.
We've got heroes for days 2bh

Prove me wrong

alb..? you mean serbia, the lands of the serbs

>Implying Lincoln didn't reunite a fractured nation without overly punishing the south

Does he count?

Traitors will stay mad and form their little traitor clubs, jacking each other off and chanting: "Tha South will rahse aginn." while listening to Uncle Cracker.

This one probably. Small country, but we have quite a few.

/thread

I'm giving him one >>(You). Don't give him any more.

trudeau was a pretty cool guy

if his son wanted to follow in his footsteps instead of sucking off obama or clinton he would have gone with the NDP (because the liberal party has been shit for a while)

Mick Collins is a fucking traitor who sold out the six counties to the Brits and his Irish Free State was not legitimate. He cried to the Brits for help to gun down his former comrades just so he could remain in power. Good riddance, you got the fate you deserved at Béal na Bláth.

A true national hero would be someone like , Wolfe Tone, Sean South, Patrick Kelly or Bobby Sands.

Mur des Fédérés
~ wall of the federates

People who visit Paris go to the Père Lachaise cemetary to see Jim Morrisson or Oscar Wilde's tombstones.

But in same cemetary is the Mur des Fédérés. Where dozens of Communards were shot in 1871. They had just fought for more justice and equality.

What's more courageous than the little man who takes arms against the State? The french State had just capitulated against Prussia. Armed parisians, who had stood a long siege, refused to surrender. RIP.

who's the man on the right?
Leader of India's communist party?

147 heroes shot dead

>hidden hand
Your hero's a dirty Masonic infiltrator, user.

>Cuban
>On the internet
Pick one.

Not really. He was pretty standard in ability, and is most important for being able to not fuck up during times of crisis. In a similar circumstance, most American presidents would have likely been just as successful.

Better choice, although he was ideologically inconsistent and made some disastrous decisions early in the war, underestimating the South and allowing the CSA to make great gains despite the overwhelming advantage of the Union.

Innovative strategian, but not to the degree of Winfield Scott or Eisenhower. In addition, his successes were less impressive than those of Grant. I'd argue he's most important in terms of his influence, rather than actual personal talent.

/pol/ shitpost

Brilliant tactician but ultimately a poor strategian. Still, much of the Confederacy's success was mostly attributable to his own expertise.

Grant's ability to see the big picture while also dominating the battlefield makes him potentially our greatest general, but he was a weak administrator who could never curb the rampant corruption within his own cabinet. Despite facing domestic problems that do not even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the conflicts settled by Lincoln and arguably Johnson, U. S. Grant managed to fuck up.

Literally just a good tactician. Despite performing well individually on the battlefield, he was paranoid (ironic, given his type of death) and refused to share information with his subordinates or peers. This hampered the CSA's success, although the war was quite nearly unwinnable from the start.

He faces the opposite problem of most Confederate generals: Butler understood the big picture, and massively helped the Union win its war, but lost too many battles and men to be considered our greatest leader.

He's worked well with the hand he's been dealt, but it's far too early to guide the significance of the Obama legacy.

Our greatest leader, in terms of sheer ability, is almost certainly pic related. Our greatest leader in terms of influence is probably Hamilton, because his efforts (in conjunction with those of Madison) laid the foundation for the creation of a unified and uniform American state. If not for the federalists, people would be posting Voltaire memes about the "United" "States" of "America".