Skincare

I got postinflammatory hyperpigmentation aka acne scars. How to treat them apart from sunscreen and some mineralizing oil? does silicone still work years later?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5QEQgMUp
pastebin.com/pNuurVyP
pastebin.com/Ujf2x9M6
pastebin.com/epLqSbEQ
pastebin.com/0H5gag01
pastebin.com/g08mFts8
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
skinacea.com/about.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've got these too. the only thing that can really fade them is time my dude. I mean, you could try using a chemical aha or bha to help aid in cell turnover, but a lot of products are just marketed well. most don't really do anything. so don't waste your time and money

mine have lightened up almost completely after a couple months. it sucks but no one notices them as much as you do anyways

just eat right, maybe supplement with some vitamin a and c, and be gentle in your skincare routine. healthy skin will repair itself eventually

0.25mm-0.5mm dermarolling weekly. Apply copper peptide GHK-Cu afterwards to boost collagen production. Continue applying L-ascorbic acid serum (vitamin C) daily for the same reason. Remember to exfoliate two times a week with a gentle brush. Glycolic+mandelic acid one or two times a month depending on the strength helps a lot too.

Does vitamin c serum need to be refrigerated or can I just store it in a dark place?

what are some good sunscreens available in germany?

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips:
pastebin.com/5QEQgMUp

How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads:
pastebin.com/pNuurVyP

Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face:
pastebin.com/Ujf2x9M6

How to improve your skin tone through diet:
pastebin.com/epLqSbEQ

Studies on how diary and sugars create acne:
pastebin.com/0H5gag01

How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, masturbation, toxic ingredients, parabens:
pastebin.com/g08mFts8

FAQ, complete mirror:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

skinacea.com/about.html

What should I do?

Get a haircut and see a dermatologist, you still look like you have a handsome face and your scarring wont matter if you still look cool.

go full freddy

Oh fuck you guys I just got a sunburn, on my nose mostly but also my forehead and cheeks
I already am putting aloe Vera on it but is there anything else I can do to lessen how shitty I'm going to look?

actual moisturizer (and not just aloe vera), foundation/spot concealer, sunscreen, cold wet towels/similar. it's a superficial burn. treat it like one.

Thanks user, but does sunscreen really help with preexisting sunburns?

More importantly, how should I change my regimen for the time being?
Should I quit BP, SA, and toner (a shitty alcohol based one)? Is cleanser fine?

yes. it's absolutely vital that you protect sunburns from more sun exposure. the area is very sensitive.

you should cut down on BP right now. just for a couple of days. salicylic acid is actually good for sunburns, but you shouldn't use it more than 1-2 times a day. cleanser is fine as long as you don't get too dry.

Thanks user

Top fucking kek.

That file name.

See a derm, there are things out there for this kinda thing now but you should get them through a professional and not just buy it online on 4chans advice. Take all necessary precautions when it comes to your face

If you want a temporary fix... let's say your heading to a beach or something, apply some hydrocortisone cream, the redness should be gone the following day but will probably return pretty quickly

quick question, is it possible for your skin to get ""lazy?"" i've been moisturizing twice everyday for a while now, and i notice that when i miss a day or two my skin gets kinda dry and itchy. i mean it could be that my skin was always like this, or just that the weather got hotter but idk.

bump the thread if you ask questions in it, faggots

I have really oily skin and bad acne yet BP fucks up my skin every time I use it, even after moisturizing. Do I just continue to use a cleanser everyday?

yeah it can definitely become dependent on the moisturiser

would drinking more water get rid of very mild spot scars?

nope

You should drink 2 litres anyways

any tips, they're almost not noticeable, but i'm insecure and would feel better with them gone

Sorry I felt really lazy

How old are they?

Using sunscreen keeps them from getting worse. Silicone-gel/sheeting (mostly OTC) as well as Retin-A will help smoothen very superficial scars. For in-clinic treatment, consider mild chemical peeling, mild dermabrasion, or laser resurfacing.

>Retin-A
sounds what i'm looking for
muchas gracias user

I've used Nexcare's specific hydrocolloid bandages for acne before and they work great, but I can only find them on amazon.

My local Wallgreens has pic related. Are these the same thing? Can they be cut into smaller pieces and applied? Also if anyone has another similar product they like I'd be curious.

thanks guys

Anyone?

How can I get rid of blackheads on my nose? I also have hair growing on top of my nose.

Also I have a lot of scarring on my cheeks. Should I just go see a dermatologist instead of wasting my time here?

Face is starting to really clear up, but my back still get these painful red pimples, have no idea why. I shower everyday, wear a new clean shirt everyday, change bed sheets twice a week. What do?

has anyone ever tried that derma roller thing??? i've heard it's the only thing that really can help other than time. that with vitamin c

chances are that they arent blackheads on your nose and are sebaceous filaments. you can reduce the size and appearance of them with the oil cleansing method. As for the scarring, you need to specify which type of scars you have since each have different treatments.

if those are really blackheads, check the links posted above.

Hey guys.

There is one thing that I noticed a while ago but it never bothered me.

I think the part is called the 'alar grove', but since I'm not sure I'll just call it the outer nostril.

Well, my outer nostril is red-ish like it's inflamed It's not rosacea as I only have it there.

Is there any reason why I have that shit?

I have some stretch marks on my back, they are not red but is there anything I could do to make them less visible?

not really...
Ihave read about using baby oil or body lotion, basically keeping the skin moist, but it did nothing for me

over the time (in the sense of years) the become less reddish to a light purple kind of tone and then become whitish, very light pinkish and do not stand out of your skin ver much (at least if your white)

Cover them with clothes.

okay, how often should i use a chemical exfoliator (stridex)? really? the wiki says only like 3 times a week, but i see people in these threads using it every day.

I have these odd bumps on my triceps area, how do I deal with them?

Doesn't need to be refrigerated, but it can help. Light is the biggest issue. Either get a dark bottle or store it in a dark place.

With a new BHA or AHA, start once every 2-3 days. Ease into it. After a couple weeks, use it every other day. Then go to everyday. Your skin may or may not purge.

Alright, guess I'll bite the bullet and order some.
Is C20 OST a good brand?

That's actually amazing

Can i get this done somewhere?

>thinking it's that simple to get rid of scars

I'm really into the organic methods of skincare since I don't know what will/won't break me out.

Anybody tried Apple Cider Vinegar as a way to decrease large pores?

How is my skin?

better than your face

Best AHA product(s)?

Who /jojoba/ here? Do you like it?

How to fix this bullshit ass.

lmao sorry for the late response. Yes, that is a good choice. It's one of the more common ones to start with. Please do patch test also.

Stop scratching and squeezing it all the time. Stop using shampoo as much, especially without conditioner after. If neither of these help try switching to sulfate free products, that's what worked for me.

That will fuck up your skin's pH levels so badly.

Is lemon a safe way to get rid of dark spots?

Boys how the fuck do I get rid of dry scalp,
And after I get rid of it should I be using organic shampoo and conditioner three times a week?
Or does the shampoo and con not matter?

np
>tfw never patch test
Is amazon a good place to buy the serum from? I've heard they have fakes on there.

Are you seriously considering buying vitamin c serum? Just buy a bag of l-ascorbic acid powder for like three bucks, store it in a dark and dry place and make your own serum which you can use for a week before making another batch. Don't waste your money on a serum. You can get vitamin c powder off eBay but I buy it from owndoc.

Meant to reply to

Wow, I'll look into that, thank user.
Sounds a lot more cheaper and convenient than buying it outright. I wonder why I see so many people buying the serum instead of making their own?

Can it go bad from heat? That's something I can't really control.

I'd make one batch of vitamin c serum each week and store it in the fridge. I don't think you can store the actual powder or crystals in a fridge though, but I'm not sure. I just know it has to be a dark and dry place but I don't know about heat.

Alright, I'll do that. Thanks a bunch!
Something like this should be added to the skin care general OP for other anons.

so this stridex stuff helps with removing blackheads/whiteheads right?

what do you mix it with?

I have constant razorburns around my neck, how do I avoid that? I can't help but shave against the grain after shaving with it first or I'll leave a ton of hair that will start ingrowing.

tfw when i have rosacae which fucking kills any confidence that i have when i look in a mirror

how do i make the redness go away senpai pls

Boil some water, wait for it to cool down so it's warm. Some people mix it with their facial creams too.

damn

use cumin oil (recommeded)
>apply every-night before going to sleep
or
onion juice
>twice a week, apply overnight
your welcome

I've got fucking cancer on one side of my face. Fucking craters. Please. Fix me. It's only on that side and I look like fucking two face. Is there a different way to fix this?

Lasers

Until then, foundation/spot concealer

Does water make my face pasty/puffy

Don't know if I can fit any more products into my routine unless I switch something out. Looking to put some retinol in there somewhere, should I get a serum or find it in another product?

do you guys use sunscreen at night? seems a bit much to me

>sunscreen at night
please read this sentence and tell me why you thought it made sense to post this

Carthamus Tinctorius (Saffl ower) Seed Oil**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil**, Limonene*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citral*, Linalool*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunfl ower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

got this shit lying around, proper alternative?

yo guys just wanted to say i've been drinking a lot of water recently, i mean a glass an hour, and usually if i drink anything else, i'll have it in between and after, and then a glass before bed and a glass in bed. has really helped my skin a lot, also i take Scottish showers, where I begin hot and then turn it ice cold, might sound nasty but it feels really nice, and you get a huge adrenaline rush and a high from it

Regarding the 'dairy is bad for acne' meme;

If you consider a latte, where the milk has been steamed and heated, has that steaming process killed off the hormones or whatever it is in the milk that can cause acne? Or is it just as bad as drinking cold milk?

Any recommendations for a good deep pore facial cleanser?

>where the milk has been steamed and heated

do you mean as opposed to the pasteurised milk available from supermarkets? or are you usually getting it straight from the cows tit?

pasteurised supermarket milk, cold vs hot; any difference in relation to acne?

help

my acne is basically only on my cheeks

how to get rid of?
its just red and in patchy spots

is diet big or cleaning routine?
I do a decent job of both

I need some recommended brands in the UK.
Toner/ BHA AHA exfoliant, sun screen.
Most people post products from korea/japan and they took too long for shipping.

Alpha hydroxy acid, you can buy it in the pharmacy or order it on e-bay, works great, takes time though so do not overuse or you'll burn your face off. the percentage of acid in the solution is important.

>popped a zit now it a giant crusty yellow scab

Have plans for tonight and now I don't wanna go. Nice.

Would it be better to get a cleanser with salicylic acid or use OTC spot treatment.

Rosehip Hip oil has all the vitamins to speed up the healing process

YO SKRILL

pls b troll papa

go to a dermatologist and stop picking your pimples since your face almost looks like the surface of the moon at this point,

Is it safe to use aloe vera on your face before you go to bed?

is vitamin c serum a meme product or does it really work? I'm about to buy one but most scientific reviews I've been reading about it say it doesn't do much considering that the air quickly nullifies the effect of the serum on skin

How the fuck do I stop ingrowns in my pubic area?

After shaving, I've tried cleansing, toning and moisturising twice a day, and tea tree oil twice a day.

I don't shave like a tard, prep properly with light pressure and minimal passes of the razor

Anybody ever use this before?

If so, how did you like it?

Stop shaving your pubes?