Watch General

What do you guys think of this? I never see this brand on Veeky Forums. Is it trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/SEIKO-5-DRESS-LADIES-AUTOMATIC-WATCH-SNY007J1-FREE-XPRESS-SILVER-JAPAN-MD-SNY007-/371437674703?hash=item567b6920cf:g:gckAAOSwuTxV9GrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. Don't buy perfume watches.

I need a field watch for work.

Is this Veeky Forums enough to also pass for every day wearing?

>designer watch
Yes, it's definitely trash

SARY055 (left) or SARB035 (right)?

what does fa think about Daniel Wellington watches?

I like the left, I don't like those custard color faces since they don't match with anything.

Looks a little tacky if you ask me

spend $10 and buy a fake off aliexpress that's identical to the real thing

quartz watches with absurd markups and playing off "muh luxury minimalism" are dumb because they simply arent worth that much. the markups are higher than a lot of real luxury watches on a percent basis which is hilarious.

I'd say so. How much are those retail anyway? Like $40 or so?

it´s bullshit :)

quartz? bullshit.

Is it a terrible idea to get a Tag Heuer quartz aquaracer serviced at a jewelry store instead of their central service center? It costs like 25% what Tag would charge to send it in.

Looks fine but will be noticeably noisy and the crystal will get scratched up badly if you're doing outdoor work.

They look okay but they're kinda expensive for the looks and how little anyone cares about them.

Automatics are cool but I'm not about having a watch that'll get $300 worth of damage if I play golf with it on.

kys

It's a bit stupid buying a watch for a fashion brand name, most fashion watches are worth $5-20 then slapped up and hundreds of dollars because of the quartz movement.

There's nothing strictly wrong with quartz but buy a nice watch from a watch manufacturer that fits with the outfit you want to wear it with.
Seiko make a lot of good watches similar to luxury brands for reasonable prices or just go for something unique.

Youll be paying a lot for what you get so make sure the style is real important to you

Im not a fan of watches without second hands, it makes them feel dead

How long have you had it?
How important is warranty for you?
Is it not working/loosing time?

Yes, it is overpriced. Probably a cheap quartz movement in a Chinese case with a 500% markup

get a Cocktail Time instead

SARB ofc, though I have one too so my opinion is biased

I've said this before. I've had a bunch of them and they are good for the price if you care fuck all about movements. The quality and finish was outstanding when I bought them (got my first one probably fifteen years ago), but I have no idea what it's like today. That said, I think their current stuff is ugly as shit.

Still, for that money I would get a nice Hamilton or maybe a second hand Longines or Omega. Tissot has a few decent models in that price range as well.

Is this Seiko posting a joke I do not get here? This company has nothing special. These watches are nothing. They are a joke to anybody who knows just a tiny little little bit about watches.
Well in my opinion (so you all don't get offended while checking your Seiko watch)

SARY is much nicer lookin imo

>They are a joke to anybody who knows just a tiny little little bit about watches
/g/ and literally every watch forum on the internet disagrees with you

Nobody's going to be super impressed that you have a Seiko, but I know my dad had one for over 20 years that he completed hundreds of working SCUBA dives with. Not bad for a watch he also wore every day even when he wasn't diving and didn't take great care of.

Damn, that's nice. Looks too dressy for my needs, though.

My grandfather was a jeweler. He sold Rolex' Breitling, you name it. Could have worn any kind of watch he wanted. But his everyday watch was a Seiko. I don't know enough about it to tell you why but that man knew his stuff.

Pic is my watch, just arrived today. Jacob Jensen, danish design, minimal, titanium, pretty cheap. I'm really happy with it.

>Veeky Forums has the shittiest taste everrrrrrr
And not one people is surprised.

Kill yourself Veeky Forumsggots.

>inb4 cellphone durr

Don't need to pull out my cellphone when I can check my Tag and get a whiff of all the freshly wet pussy around when I do so.

not falling for this bait, good as it is

>it's not a Luminor or Patek so it's not nice
I don't wear my Patek daily. Gotta have a beater for that, so I've got the Tag.

Armani is not trash.

Anyone know of some minimal female watches?

why would someone buy a tag ? its way overpriced for what it is

Like one that just reads "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bed"?

They have the money and like the look of it? Only poorfags stress out about value for money where the value is mostly image in the first place.

>where the value is mostly image in the first place.
D E L U S I O N

A watch is a finely tuned, precision instrument and a work of art. Not a fucking t-shirt.

>Tag

that is one obese looking wrist

>/g/
>knowledgeable about watches in the least
LMFAO

Wow, let me catch my breath, I haven't had a laugh like that in a long time... wew lad.

Seriously though, Seiko is a decent maker. It's inexpensive so anyone can buy one and they do a pretty good job at ripping off Omega, Rolex etc. etc. with their designs so they look alright too.

If you're not wealthy, then it's a safe bet. A good 7/10 watch for a 10/10 price.

Your grandfather was a fucking idiot. Or more likely he couldn't afford anything else on a jeweler's salary and bought the best available.

>jewelry isn't about being seen
ayy lmao, but I'll leave that part alone

It's pretty simple mang. Expensive automatics are just too nice to wear all the time, so I've got a "high-end" quartz dive watch to wear as jewelry/status symbol to impress the 99% of people who don't have any clue how nice the inside of an automatic is. The nice watch goes on when people are likely to appreciate it and nothing's going to happen to damage it. Or just when I'm chilling at the house.

Just a balancing of priorities.

>i wear things to impress other people
I'm cringing for you.

DELETE THIS

Okay pal, I think I've got something that's more your speed.

would rock tbhfam

Right.
Except my watch collection (including all straps and parts) is worth a little under £20,000.

>my jewelry collection is worth tens of thousand
>but I don't care about image at all
Caring about image is good within limits and that's why we're all talking about fashion. This notion that it's some pure form of expression where social status doesn't come into play is beyond silly

The mickey mouse watches like pic related are kinda fun but that blue plastic one is trash.

Got one as a gift, keeps time well and I get complimented for it. The best thing is the fabric straps you can get, so easy to wash.

>Caring about image is good within limits
Except you clearly are beyond those limits. To the point that you actually have a literal plan about which watch to wear based on how impressed you think others will be by what you choose to wear on a set day.

You have a mental illness. Get help.

Dude I just have a relatively expensive beater for when I'm not wearing my nice watches. Still not sure why that hurts your feelings so badly unless you're taking the reasoning behind having a relatively expensive anything as some sort of personal insult.

Alright guy, post the tag.

Definitely right. The case is of the quality of the Grand Seikos that cost well into the 6 figures. Hacks, hand winds, 100m WR and fellow watch lovers will spot it out right away.

Doesn't bother me in the least. What you do has no effect on me. I'm posting for YOUR benefit. You have some serious problems which need addressing.

I imagine your life must be fraught with anxiety..

As someone who genuinely knows watches, I'll let you in on a little secret. 99.9% of people will not even look at your watch.

of the 0.1% that will, I'd say approximately 90% have absolutely no idea about watches and could probably only name one brand of watch; Rolex.

So you are wasting an awful lot of time and money trying to impress someone that you will statistically never meet.

>thinking about where you're going when you get dressed in the morning
>a lot of time

>less than $2k and a $3 battery every now and then
>a lot of money
Don't know what else to say. It's not more fraught with anxiety than deciding what socks to wear. I'm just outlining it in those explicit terms that make it seem neurotic because this is the board for overthinking you shit.

>99.9% of people will not even look at your watch
>they only know Rolex anyway
Well that's just objectively false since people start conversations about watches other than Rolex all the time, including my Tag and Patek. Heck, I saw someone ask a girl about a Cartier last weekend and another about her fucking Fossil at the same party. I mean I'm sure we run in different circles since you're British and all, but still.

What do you guys think of this? I've been meaning to get something that'll pair well with my work suits and would be equally low key outside the office.

Movado makes nice ones

>I mean I'm sure we run in different circles since you're British and all, but still.

Yeah probably because you hang around with other faggots like yourself.

1970 Omega Geneve cal 601

busted.

You mad that we're taking over your country?

By female watches do you just mean small watches?

Well I mostly see men's watches all big and heavy. Small watches are preferred. And minimal !

I mean, if you've got the dough a Cartier Tank is a can't-lose.

Is this amount of detail not minimal enough

ebay.com.au/itm/SEIKO-5-DRESS-LADIES-AUTOMATIC-WATCH-SNY007J1-FREE-XPRESS-SILVER-JAPAN-MD-SNY007-/371437674703?hash=item567b6920cf:g:gckAAOSwuTxV9GrI

or were you more after theor less style of minimal?

>Grandfather was a jeweler of fine watches
>Grandson wears shitty muh minimal fashion quartz

What do you think of the SARB065 Cocktail Time? And how does it compare to the 035?

>too poor to afford a few rolexex as beaters
>buys a tag
>gets basic bitches

kek lmaoing @ ur life

>The nice watch goes on when people are likely to appreciate it
>My watch collection (including all straps and parts) is worth a little under £20,000.

Oh my good God, Lawyersan would totally own your asses and shut your uneducated mouths in a second. Plus, he would do it without acting bitchy.

Too bad he doesn't come to this board anymore.

You both seriously need to shut the fuck up and kill yourselfs.

buy a fake one, they only cost like 5$ with free shipping. get 2 colors and multiple bands.
if you dont like them you can always give them as a gift

10/10

dogshit

I was in japan recently and was having a look at some domestic stock Seikos. Was interested in a SARB035/033 but honestly I wasn't overly impressed with either, the cream face of the 035 looked strange on and the black face on the 033 did nothing for me. It's like they both lacked some personality.
I actually preferred the SARY055 despite it not having a lume and having a lower quality movement to the SARB's, to me it just presents nicely.

Saw this too which I didn't even know about until I saw it, very nice watch for the price

I want a digital watch because I'm too stupid to read a clock and not take 5 minutes. What should I get?

Casio.

Get a watch with written hours and minutes.

What does Veeky Forums think of this watch?

The original is far better. There's no way that's worth more than any mall watch and the fucking "WIRED" ruins the look. Anadigitemp or AE1200 if you're a poorfag and want a similar watch.

I don't have money for a Junghans though

There are literally dozens and dozens of watches at any price range with printed hours and minutes

This.

Where can I get a replacement leather band for pic related?

My mum has that exact same watch.

>"used to have"

I said has. Not had.

would you wear this?

I like it, but I think it's a bit teeny. I'm 34.

I have a nice automatic, but I want to keep that for special occasions and don't have an every day watch currently.

Fucking destroyed it

What this user said Movados schtick is minimalist watches, and I'm sure they have a line for women's watches

I need a watch that is under 300, that would look fashionable and impressive.
I'm in college currently and wear a standard casual button down and khaki combo. I really like the steel wristwatches but need one that would go well with my apparel.

heres your you

I have the tissot automatic iii

love it

What kind? Simple or busy?

Absolute shit.
Seiko SARB line, Hamilton Khaki

Max Bill is effay as fuck, especially the 34mm Handaufzug version.

get the dementions and google it
or go to a local shop and ask if they know.

You sound so bitter and lonely.

>someone asked for a watch
>s-seiko!

Sup sheeple.

>muh speshul snowflake chinese garbage

Automatic watches are both hideous and for autists. He asked for something fashionable under 300 and you recommend a fucking Seiko.

End yourself and take your trench with you.

>Automatic watches are both hideous and for autists

enjoy your fossil billy, straight from shenzhen :^

>j-j-jap shit is s-s-superior!

If you can't afford Swiss you really need to shut the fuck up about the quality of your $300 piece of plastic shit.

Try refuting my points next time, though.

S-SEIKO!

come back when you know a bit more about watches, honey. then maybe you'll have points to refute.

>m-muh sweatshop hugo boss (TM)

Honestly I was too but you'll get used to it.

You really only need to memorize half the face of the watch any way, since after "30" (well half past X), the other half is a mirror of the first, except what you read then becomes "how long until the next hour" instead of "how much time has passed since the previous began"

5 past one has 5 TO two in front of it, same for 10 past and ten to, a quarter past and a quarter to, etc. It's also kind of a different conception of time compared to a digital watch, you're really reading in chunks of time most of the time, instead of looking at exactly how many minutes have passed.

Not that you can't be as precise with it but unless i'm trying not to be late for work I look at it differently than when I look at the clock on my phone.